Thailand Is Open For Business

webfact

It isn't bad enough that 90% of the arrivals have to go through SVB which is a cess pit of corruption, but that it may well go under water in the next few weeks also.

We are open for business, but you can't get here.

SVB won't be flooded, so calm down.

Speaking for hua Hin the town is full of people fleeing BKK, traffic is horrendous, stores half empty of products and TAT think we should encourage farang tourist to come here ???? they really are a joke LOL land of miricles.

The same in Pattaya.

With knobs on ,Roads packed every day stores without anything to buy,its bad enough for the locals ,who would want to be on holiday.

Edited by thaimate

I think he has to say stuff like this to make it appear that he is doing something

Surely the hotel association and others in the tourism industry are demanding

he make these comments

but who in their right mind would book a holiday in Thailand

Fly 10-20 hours to get hear only to find out Bkk is closed, there are no supplies

and when you go to leave, the airport is closed due to floods.

Rubbish. Bangkok is open. I live here and life is pretty normal. I haven't had any trouble buying food or water. Why do you say BKK is closed? Try coming here and seeing for yourself instead of posting complete lies. BTS is running, MRT is running, buses are running, shops are open, restaurants are open.

Airport isn't closed, but is operating normally. Stop spreading your lies.

Yes, some areas of BKK are flooded, but they are mostly the suburbs. Most tourists don't go there.

I have friends arriving this week and they are more than happy to come. They will have a great time.

Edited by w11guy

Yeah, we need a lot more tourists here right now in the middle of this mess. We don't know where it will flood or how badly, we have no idea how to meet the current needs of those in the midst of a crisis, and we want to throw a bunch more foreigners to the dogs to make a little bit of cash. LOL.

Are those responsible in the Tourism Ministry off their rocker? - Thailand is open for business is hardly a justifiable and responsible statement! The normal residents cannot get water, condensed Milk and if they do then at a price.

Rubbish. Bangkok is open. I live here and life is pretty normal. I haven't had any trouble buying food or water. Why do you say BKK is closed? Try coming here and seeing for yourself instead of posting complete lies. BTS is running, MRT is running, buses are running, shops are open, restaurants are open.

Airport isn't closed, but is operating normally. Stop spreading your lies.

Yes, some areas of BKK are flooded, but they are mostly the suburbs. Most tourists don't go there.

I have friends arriving this week and they are more than happy to come. They will have a great time.

The question tourists should be asking is what will happen over the next week or so - will inner Bangkok remain dry?

This public relations / marketing piece does not divulge, for obvious reasons, the fact that the water is still coming down from the higher northern Bangkok towards the lower southern Bangkok.

Chiang Mai is pretty much normal and most things are available. I hear the same about Chiang Rai and Pai. I can not vouch for any place else

Anybody know how international mail has been affected? I'm in Chiang Mai but I assume all overseas mail comes through Bangkok.

I'm in Bangkok and all my international mail has arrived on time.

Anybody further afield than Bangkok getting international mail OK?

Chiang Mai is pretty much normal and most things are available. I hear the same about Chiang Rai and Pai. I can not vouch for any place else

Anybody know how international mail has been affected? I'm in Chiang Mai but I assume all overseas mail comes through Bangkok.

yes,..................... it still dissapears into the thai postal system as soon as they see its from the EU Or USA, ive lost about 6 of the 20 letters that i have sent or others sent to me , soon as they see its international and addressed to a thai the dollar bell rings and it vanishes into thin air

yes,..................... it still dissapears into the thai postal system as soon as they see its from the EU Or USA, ive lost about 6 of the 20 letters that i have sent or others sent to me , soon as they see its international and addressed to a thai the dollar bell rings and it vanishes into thin air

Come on now, I've never had a loss going or coming, knock wood.

Speaking for hua Hin the town is full of people fleeing BKK, traffic is horrendous, stores half empty of products and TAT think we should encourage farang tourist to come here ???? they really are a joke LOL land of miricles.

Went to Pattaya and the people fleeing BKK have the roads in a mess. Pattaya city hall said they were ready but the people over loaded the water system and where I was staying had no water for 2 days. Kinda smelly with no shower and the toilets would not flush. So drove up to Chiang Mai. All detour signs only in thai and twice given wrond directions the put in in meter deep water.

Chiang Mai, though high and dry to speak, many shops are empty. Went to Big C and they did not even have water ! Fuel also is limited in areas and at times

Really it would be best for the Thai's just to stay away until this mess is all cleaned up, then visit

I think he has to say stuff like this to make it appear that he is doing something

Surely the hotel association and others in the tourism industry are demanding

he make these comments

but who in their right mind would book a holiday in Thailand

Fly 10-20 hours to get hear only to find out Bkk is closed, there are no supplies

and when you go to leave, the airport is closed due to floods.

Take a $6 bus to Pattaya.. The hotels are at least $6 cheaper anyway.