Daily Flood Locations Nov. 8Th

cdnvic

Is there an easy way to bypass Bangkok from the south, Phuket coming to Udon Thani by Motorbike?whistling.gif

Thank you.

Fly - hire a bike in Udon.

Its my bike, I want to transfer, your solution not possible.

So, is it really so, that except from possible, high cars, trucks ect. the South of Thailand is not connected with the Northeast now, with normal cars Motorbikes?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all. I have been following this story since the begining but have not posted anything until now. The thing is I am meant to be going home for a couple of months for xmas starting in the middle of this month, I am based in Hua Hin and am aware that Rama II is flooded up which may cause issues by road, but is it possible to get there by train still? Even if is, what would the conditions be like trying to get to the airport from there? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks Tom :)

It would be best if you can leave for Bangkok in the next few days and then stay there until your flight.

Rama 2 Road isn't flooded yet. It will be OK tomorrow, maybe still passable on Thursday.

If you wait until next week, you need to hope that the detour route through Ratchaburi and Nakhom Pathom to Route 340 is clear.

I don't know about the train, tho. A good part of Nakhon Pathom is already flooded. Then you'd need to get through Nonthaburi, also flooded.

take the ferry to pattaya and minivan to airport.

http://www.thailand-huahin.com/ferry-huahin-pattaya-timetables.html

scotbeve,

just asked the mrs to phone family in the area, no problems.

If you wish to pm with more specific details of where in On Nut concerns you feel free, family live live in the area and the mrs gets updates on a regular basis.

Please keep it on the board, I am also interested and am sure there are others.

I have just ridden along Ramkhamhaeng soi 60 which ends up at Krungthep Kreetha road and it is mostly dry apart from a few areas where the drains have backed up by a few cm. It was worse when it started 2 days ago, so I don't know what that means. The 2 klongs in our soi are either at the very top or slightly overflowing, flooding a few of the low lying areas up to 10cm in patches.

For http://www.gamling.org/#_=_ here is a translation of what the symbols mean. I'm pretty sure this is right, but my reading of Thai isn't perfect, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also, feel free to save/repost this if needed.

Click for a larger image

post-143115-0-54911600-1320770116_thumb.

You can also use Google Chrome as browser... when opening Gamling, it will offer on-line translation.... also of the texts within the markers... translations are not top but understandable... and yes Gamling is very up to date with information from locals....

I am arriving at Swampy tomorrow and planning to travel to Prachinburi via motorway (7) to 314 into Chachengsao then 304/319 into Prachinburi.

Anyone know any reason why this route wouldn't be clear? I.e. is 314 from 7 into Chahchengsao, and Chachengsao itself, OK?

Thanks!

i travelled from sukumvhit asok terminal 21 grande centre point yesterday to amnat chareon, the route u want to travel on is clear off flooding but heavy traffic when you leave highway 7 onto 314, but soon as u get onto the 304 its easy going, we spoke to a few people who where returning to bangkok from prachinburi via the 319 and they said it was quiet.

anyone wanting to travel to the northeast we then went through the mountains past kabin buri which was fairly easy apart from a few slow trucks but they are passable, then travelled all the way on the 304 into korat then on highway 2 to the northeast, traffic was normal, speed from 90 to 120 kph.

the whole journey took us 9 hours 45 minutes and we stopped a fair few times for food and coffee.