Daily Flood Locations Nov. 8Th

cdnvic

Krungthep Kreetha start to see water on the road. It is still not much, but it get more every day, and it is only a few hundred meters from the Savanabhumi expressway. They have already put big bags along the expressway, let's hope it's enough.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to do a "run" up to Arunyapratate from I guess Morchit Mai. Anybody know if the coaches are running OK?

Dunno, but there are vans from the Victory Monument area that take a quicker route anyhow , and unlike Morchit the waters are still some distance away.

Don't fancy the mad vans. Thanks anyway.

Hey all. I have been following this story since the begining but have not posted anything until now. The thing is I am meant to be going home for a couple of months for xmas starting in the middle of this month, I am based in Hua Hin and am aware that Rama II is flooded up which may cause issues by road, but is it possible to get there by train still? Even if is, what would the conditions be like trying to get to the airport from there? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks Tom :)

It would be best if you can leave for Bangkok in the next few days and then stay there until your flight.

Rama 2 Road isn't flooded yet. It will be OK tomorrow, maybe still passable on Thursday.

If you wait until next week, you need to hope that the detour route through Ratchaburi and Nakhom Pathom to Route 340 is clear.

I don't know about the train, tho. A good part of Nakhon Pathom is already flooded. Then you'd need to get through Nonthaburi, also flooded.

There used to be flights from Hua Hin to airports in the Bangkok area. Might come in handy now.

Hey all. I have been following this story since the begining but have not posted anything until now. The thing is I am meant to be going home for a couple of months for xmas starting in the middle of this month, I am based in Hua Hin and am aware that Rama II is flooded up which may cause issues by road, but is it possible to get there by train still? Even if is, what would the conditions be like trying to get to the airport from there? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks Tom :)

At the moment busses are still travelling, but stop short on Rama 2. Last week train services were canceled, but there is word that SRT will offer bus transfers from Nakhon Pathom to Hua Lamphong. All of this is pretty sketchy though-best to check with Hua Hin Station.

*deleted - that discussion is closed, DO NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD*

Does anyone have any info about Soi Onnut (Onnuch) near the Sukhumvit end?

Just came home via Expressway exit Sukh 62 and turned left, didn't go all the way to Onnut intersection but U-turned and then went into Sukh 93.

Not only is everything dry, but there was also little traffic - and if Onnut intersection were flooded, there would certainly have been a traffic jam.

Thanks Tom, that's some good news in all of this mess.

scotbeve,

just asked the mrs to phone family in the area, no problems.

If you wish to pm with more specific details of where in On Nut concerns you feel free, family live live in the area and the mrs gets updates on a regular basis.

When I was living in Thailand in the nineties, I stayed in Saphan Kwai for several years ; lots of memories there for me. Anyway, has the flooding reached there yet ? I have read that as of noon today, it was still dry.

Jem

Onnut currently dry. Earlier went up to soi 46 and dry all the way.

This is a pretty good site, in Thai but pretty straight fwd to understand. Couple of reports of water Srinakarin end of Onnut but doesn't look too serious: http://www.gamling.org/#_=_

I'm not too sure if links to Facebook are allowed on here BUT the link is of relevance and contains the latest photos of the Latkrabang and Rom Klao area, i hope to take more photos of Minburi tomorrow.

If links to Facebook aren't allowed by all means delete this post and I'll have to work out another way to add the album here?

Karl :)

Link more photos:- http://www.facebook....=1&l=78a0bcc925

post-59428-0-98943300-1320768344_thumb.j

post-59428-0-62703000-1320768397_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

The water on Srinakorin is bigger and deeper than last night. Not exactly a flood but could be a sign of movement.

To be more helpful, please advise specifically which part of/Soi number along Srinakarin you are referring to - its a very long road. At Bangkapi, at Onnut, at Samut Prakan....?!

When I was living in Thailand in the nineties, I stayed in Saphan Kwai for several years ; lots of memories there for me. Anyway, has the flooding reached there yet ? I have read that as of noon today, it was still dry.

Jem

Sapan Kwai area near big C was dry when I was there at 5.35pm today.

Onnut currently dry. Earlier went up to soi 46 and dry all the way.

This is a pretty good site, in Thai but pretty straight fwd to understand. Couple of reports of water Srinakarin end of Onnut but doesn't look too serious: http://www.gamling.org/#_=_

Top site that, thanks for the link.

I can confirm the reports for my area are spot on, and a dam_n sight more up to date and factual than the telly.

Tomtom55, I was told yesterday at Hua Lampung by SRT staff that all routes are were at that time open, but not all trains on those routes were operating. The route from Hua Lampung to the airport is dry and easy. MRT to Silom, then BTS to Phaya Thai and Airport Link to airport.

I'm not too sure if links to Facebook are allowed on here BUT the link is of relevance and contains the latest photos of the Latkrabang and Rom Klao area, i hope to take more photos of Minburi tomorrow.

If links to Facebook aren't allowed by all means delete this post and I'll have to work out another way to add the album here?

Nice pics Karl, thanks a lot.:thumbsup:

You're most welcome, i'll try and take some of the Minburi area tomorrow and maybe down raminthra and Fashion Island :)

Concur, and sad to see one of my favourite seafood restaurants in Bkk closed.

Photo number 36, Baan Chan Krung, on Seri Thai just before Min Buri crossroads.

Concur, and sad to see one of my favourite seafood restaurants in Bkk closed.

Photo number 36, Baan Chan Krung, on Seri Thai just before Min Buri crossroads.

That was the area my bike stalled, the water is really deep there now, just a matter of time until more gets to Ramkhamheang Road....

i am flying to bangkok in 10 days and then on to phuket. my original plan was to stay overnight in sukhimvit and then fly on in a day or so. do you see a problem

In 10 days, it's impossible to say. If you need an answer now, I'd say go straight to Phuket after you land here. If you can wait a week to decide, maybe you can get a better answer.

i hope to take more photos of Minburi tomorrow.

Thanks for the great pics Karlos! I'm looking forward to seeing more tomorrow.

One thing I would like to add, as I am in the same area: Of course a photographer taking pictures of floods will focus on water. However, this perspective can sometimes be a bit misleading as the dry streches inbetween are left out.

Kheha Romklao today was still mostly dry, except for a few low spots.

I didn't check Romklao late today because I wanted to avoid the traffic around the Romklao/Ladkrabang intersection, but I think the same is the case there. Besides the water at this intersection, most of Romklao is still dry.

Ramkhamhaeng is completely dry today between Outer Ring Road and Romklao intersection, but there is flodding in many of the side sois. The waters did not cross Ramkhamhaeng, but came up from the drains.

Seri Thai at Bangchan intersection was flooded about 20-40 cm this afternoon, but less towards Outer Ring Road.

i am flying to bangkok in 10 days and then on to phuket. my original plan was to stay overnight in sukhimvit and then fly on in a day or so. do you see a problem

In 10 days, it's impossible to say. If you need an answer now, I'd say go straight to Phuket after you land here. If you can wait a week to decide, maybe you can get a better answer.

thanks for that

Bangbon 3 is flooding, and the soi on both sides of the main road show rising water. We are at a private school, and have serious questions about food supply. The 7/11 has very little, shelves 50% empty, and the Tesco Lotus up in Ekachai has no milk, eggs, or bread. With the Thai egg producers declaring no drop in production, and the shortage everywhere flooded, SOMEBODY is holding back or obstructed. With the volume of open roads the obstruction seems artificial. Downtown today, all is well with plentiful eggs and noodles on Sukumvit, but here in Bangbon 3 all is scanty. Came back from Koh Semed, and think I should have stayed, but funding is a problem for some of us. Weird situation, flooding is prevalent on both sides of the main road and creeping toward us but dry as of now, nonetheless; food and water are concerns. Thais are camped out on the main road with tents and fishing rods, some have nets, but it is a bit surreal. There is a clear path from points downtown and east on Ekachai, but no products coming to the stores. I know the main distribution cdenters are flooded in Ayuttayah and points south, but if I can get here by taxi so can trucks. ????

Insert frowny face here.

Due to do a "run" up to Arunyapratate from I guess Morchit Mai. Anybody know if the coaches are running OK?

Dunno, but there are vans from the Victory Monument area that take a quicker route anyhow , and unlike Morchit the waters are still some distance away.

On Sunday, the hotel concierge where I was staying, tried to make some inquiries for me about catching a bus to the north. She was told and relayed to me that the Mor Chit coach operations were shutting down because of the flooding and moving to an alternate operating location. Sorry but I don't know where they moved to.

As of Sunday, the mini-van services from Victory Monument were running as normal as per Sheryl's post.

Lat Phrao

04/11/12

Water started seeping out of the drains at the Lat Phrao 5 way Intersection and Ratchada / Lat Phrao intersection.

09/11/12

Lat Phrao has been flooded for 4 days all the way from the 5 way junction up to Chok Chai 4, only buses, boats and army trucks are running. The soi's are closing in on 1m deep of water and the Lat Phrao road is not far behind.

Water is rising 5cm or so every day.

Three Property

http://www.three-homes.com