Bus From Suvarnabhumi To Ko Chang

SwanF

A big hello to this great forum I have been lurking on for years!

I am returning to LOS after a 3 year absence on 27th December. I arrive at 7 PM and I am wondering whether to bother jumping into a cab downtown to ko san road area or simply to stay at a hotel such as Thong Ta, near the airport in order to have a nice sleep after a long flight from London with a stopover in Delhi! I have stayed at Thong Ta before and know it is in a non desript part of town, but downtown BKK is something I have seen many times before and ideally I want to just get down to Ko chang early the next morning and secure a hut at this peak time of year!

Has anyone used the newish airport to Ko chang bus/ferry combo? Is it much quicker than going from Ekamai? I know its a bit boring not heading into the City proper, but I reckon a real good nights sleep followed by a taxi back to the airport for the (I would assume faster) Ko chang bus is the way to go, any ideas people?

Bus from airport is very fast and reliable. I think there is 3 buses in the mornings. one at around 6.50 one around 7.30 and one 8.30. They go direct to Laem Ngop pier.

<BR>Bus from airport is very fast and reliable. I think there is 3 buses in the mornings. one at around 6.50 one around 7.30 and one 8.30. They go direct to Laem Ngop pier.<BR>
<BR><BR>

Thanks for the advice! I reckon I will use the VIP service 392, as long as it is not fully booked, it looks better and faster than using a Ko San Rd guest house bus booking, says takes 5 to 6 hours incl ferry, leaving at 730 am, hope it all pans out ok!

you can go same eve-the overnight to [email protected] serves Swampy-BUS terminal

for the rest its toss a coin-these buses start from Ekamai or Mochit and stop at swampy-MUST buy ticket-as long as seats-before it sets off from start=50 mins earlier, as they fone up to book/hold.

There is also now 1 dedicated direct (mini)bus from Swampy-unlikely to fill up-guess its mini-they summon a new one.

google for whitesands(publications).com for a good all-in overview of options and times. and if that eternal fear of monthes ahead about full buses : there are also direct buses to TRAT-many morte from Swampy-then its just change into the local taxi-add maybe 30 mins to time. NO-none of these can be booked online-this is Thailand and not travellersonlineland