Travel Situation From Airport To Korat

jonesy2648

Hi,

As I am aware of the flood situation now facing Bangkok by following the News Headlines and also constantly checking this forum, I find a lot of the information is not really clear and sometimes conflicts with other reports, So as most of you guys are there and in the know I am trying to get some advice on travel.

My wife and I are returning to Thailand from Australia and we arrive on Sunday December 4 hoping to be able to travel to Korat from Bangkok.

Now I do not expect anyone to have and be able to use a crystal ball and with what is going on up there my questions may appear to be silly questions, but if I dont ask, I will not know?

From what I have seen on the news reports, everybody is saying that the situation up there is getting worse, but not wanting to cancel our return trip I was hoping someone may be able to give some constructive advice and answer my questions without taking the P*##SS!

Will it still be possible to travel from the International airport on a domestic flight to Korat when we arrive? and if so are there any actual domestic flights running, and where can I get advice on flight details e.g. Airlines,timetables and fare costs.

We normally drive from the airport, stay overnight in Bangkok and then drive to Korat but I have been told that travel by road to Bangkok by bus or taxi is a no go because the roads are all flooded? is this correct? and what would our options be.

We do not really want to cancel our return trip, but maybe we might have to?

I would really appreciate some information and any advice with options would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Jonesy.