2012 Chevy Trailblazer

The 2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer has now been revealed in concept form at the Dubai motorshow.

2013chevrolettrailblaze.jpg

Drivetrains will be shared with the new Colorado, and it will be available in both RWD and 4WD variants.

The official Thai launch is expected in the first half of 2012. More info as it comes to light...

So what do you guys think of the new competitor for the Pajero Sport, Fortuner, MU-7 and Everest?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking design both interior (from limited pictures) and exterior...my only observation is that the dashboard looks like lots of "hard" plastic used rather than the "soft" variety, giving a cheapie look/feel. What about size...is it large like a Fortuner or more modest like a Pajero?

If you like the new Colorado,but you're not much of the "truck" person,that is definitely a new SUV to consider...let be honest,there is nothing new out there...PJS very good,but the body style and "tiny" front door don't do much for me..sorry,if Trailblazer was available today,I'll buy it...but there will be new Ford SUV coming soon...dam_n,tough choices,but only in our dreams for now..."not available,cos of flooding"...:P

Launch videos:

What about size...is it large like a Fortuner or more modest like a Pajero?

Fortuner and Pajero Sport are the same size - it's the current model Everest and the MU-7 which are the bigger PPV's ;)

The Trailblazer is also running a shortended chassis and coil spring rear suspension, but not details have been revealed yet.

Judging by the press pack photos and video, if anything, it looks a little shorter than Fortuner/Pajero - but without knowing the wheelbase or length it's difficult to judge.

According to one source (unconfirmed) the wheelbase for the Trailblazer remains unchanged from the Colorado at 3095mm - if that's the case, we're looking at something at least Pajero Sport/Fortuner size.. But also sharing the same issue as the Fortuner where the rear doors are so long they can't be opened in Thai car parking spaces without whacking the car next door..

For perspective, the Pajero Sport wheelbase is 2800mm, and the Fortuner's is a little shorter again at 2750mm.

If Chev are able to equip this with the 2.8L, 6AT and Pajero Sport levels of features at Pajero Sport prices, they've possibly got a real market share contender on their hands.. Especially if they fix that horrific interior color scheme :D Can you imagine what the tops of those doors are going to look like after a couple of months? What were they thinking? :whistling:

Being Chev though, it's unlikely they'll be able to get the pricing right though, and doubtful they'll get the interior design looking right either :(

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

According to one source (unconfirmed) the wheelbase for the Trailblazer remains unchanged from the Colorado at 3095mm - if that's the case, we're looking at something at least Pajero Sport/Fortuner size.. But also sharing the same issue as the Fortuner where the rear doors are so long they can't be opened in Thai car parking spaces without whacking the car next door..

For perspective, the Pajero Sport wheelbase is 2800mm, and the Fortuner's is a little shorter again at 2750mm.

If Chev are able to equip this with the 2.8L, 6AT and Pajero Sport levels of features at Pajero Sport prices, they've possibly got a real market share contender on their hands.. Especially if they fix that horrific interior color scheme :D Can you imagine what the tops of those doors are going to look like after a couple of months? What were they thinking? :whistling:

Being Chev though, it's unlikely they'll be able to get the pricing right though, and doubtful they'll get the interior design looking right either :(

at 3095wb/5200oa they would be competing with their own Tahoe in middle east and other markets where both are available. Judging by pics (rear door and leg space) I d guess 2800 :unsure:

and the BLAZER name obviously positioning it below Tahoe

• Like 1

I think it looks OK but the profile of the window lines seems off to me. Once you pass the rear doors the window line changes to the reverse angle and ends the sleek look i think. It's a bit like the Pajero's rising body line from the windscreen pillar to the start of the rear guard with a Fortuna rear tacked onto it at the reverse angle.:blink:

So what is it .?. An Isuzu Truck Chassis . Isuzu Engine.With a Chevy Badge on it.. It will only threaten the Mitsu Tuna market if its about 750K , and the Wife likes it.. Buy a Ford they tell you its a Ford Iveco , or Cosworth Engine , Proton tell you Suspension by Lotus, why don't G.M. tell you anything.? . Perhaps a Daiwoo Chevy is a tad embarrassing Gone sadly are the Days of Chevy the American Legend. Now its a Bunch of Accountants milking the Glory Years. I think it looks much nicer than Tuna and Mitsu though. Id wait for the Ford if i was in the market.

So what is it .?. An Isuzu Truck Chassis . Isuzu Engine.With a Chevy Badge on it.. It will only threaten the Mitsu Tuna market if its about 750K , and the Wife likes it.. Buy a Ford they tell you its a Ford Iveco , or Cosworth Engine , Proton tell you Suspension by Lotus, why don't G.M. tell you anything.? . Perhaps a Daiwoo Chevy is a tad embarrassing Gone sadly are the Days of Chevy the American Legend. Now its a Bunch of Accountants milking the Glory Years. I think it looks much nicer than Tuna and Mitsu though. Id wait for the Ford if i was in the market.

cheapst thairungs where like 760k and threatend none, so price alone doesnt make it

the funny thing about Italian VM Motori, now developing diesels for makers all over the world, has never supplied Italian Iveco. Just like Yamaha developing petrol engines for the automotive industry, but so far not for a japs maker

I like the looks of this new Chev, GM Brasil has done a good job, sure better than any existing thai suv. Until Ford delivers, they seem to have a winner

<deleted> :blink:

Thing is, the new Colorado and Trailblazer are in fact both GM's work (except the engines) - it's Isuzu who's now licensing from GM..

Just like Yamaha developing petrol engines for the automotive industry, but so far not for a japs maker

.. well, except for the top-end of all Toyota VVTi and VVTLi engines ;)

I like the looks of this new Chev, GM Brasil has done a good job, sure better than any existing thai suv. Until Ford delivers, they seem to have a winner

Yep, overall it's not too bad - but the production version is not going to look this sharp.. Once they lose the chrome external trims, the black side skirt, the 20" wheels, the dual rear exhausts, and the concept-only side mirrors, and put on roof bars that you could actually attach racks to, it's going to look a lot more pedestrian than what we're seeing here..

My biggest gripe is the interior - it just doesn't work.. the lines are wrong, the two-tone colors have been used in all the wrong places, the stereo system looks all wrong with that fascia extending up the dash, and those kidergarten-style round HVAC controls made it into the production Colorado, so are sure to be in the TB too..

And you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be first PPV in Thailand to approach 1.7M Baht in top level trim, because GM just don't have the business case to price it any better, especially considering how it's going to cannibalize Craptiva sales if it's not spec'd & priced upwards.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Craptiva...:lol:

Yeah sorry, couldn't help it ;)

Every time I think I'm being harsh for disliking it, all I have to do is look at the rear end again to be reminded that it is just a Daewoo with silver accents, some lipstick and a bowtie badge :lol:

.. and with a price so absurd, even Toyota think it's expensive :whistling:

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Yep, overall it's not too bad - but the production version is not going to look this sharp.. Once they lose the chrome external trims, the black side skirt, the 20" wheels, the dual rear exhausts, and the concept-only side mirrors, and put on roof bars that you could actually attach racks to, it's going to look a lot more pedestrian than what we're seeing here..

My biggest gripe is the interior - it just doesn't work.. the lines are wrong, the two-tone colors have been used in all the wrong places, the stereo system looks all wrong with that fascia extending up the dash, and those kidergarten-style round HVAC controls made it into the production Colorado, so are sure to be in the TB too..

And you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be first PPV in Thailand to approach 1.7M Baht in top level trim, because GM just don't have the business case to price it any better, especially considering how it's going to cannibalize Craptiva sales if it's not spec'd & priced upwards.

Craptiva is getting old, not sure daewoo is on a replacement at all, and even if Blazer costing more to manufactor, blazer will compete with it due to its lower Th excicetax. Blazer at 2800 wheelbase and Craptiva will be very similar in interior space, my guess if so, Craptiva retired in TH. My humble Th strategy in Chev shoes, if desired to keep Craptiva for some reason, Craptiva 2,4 E85 fwd for the soft car-suv-estate market, competition name crv. Blazer for the rest

Thing is, the new Colorado and Trailblazer are in fact both GM's work (except the engines) - it's Isuzu who's now licensing from GM..

Just like Yamaha developing petrol engines for the automotive industry, but so far not for a japs maker

.. well, except for the top-end of all Toyota VVTi and VVTLi engines ;)

learning something new every day. Never seen public info yammy did advanced engines for toyo, perhaps due to japs culture

Craptiva is getting old, not sure daewoo is on a replacement at all, and even if Blazer costing more to manufactor, blazer will compete with it due to its lower Th excicetax. Blazer at 2800 wheelbase and Craptiva will be very similar in interior space, my guess if so, Craptiva retired in TH. My humble Th strategy in Chev shoes, if desired to keep Craptiva for some reason, Craptiva 2,4 E85 fwd for the soft car-suv-estate market, competition name crv. Blazer for the rest

The buzz ATM is that the next-gen Craptiva will most likely be a little smaller, with only 5 seats, in order to more directly compete with CR-V and stop cutting into the Trailblazer's market.

There's a few members on this board that I'm sure we'd all like to have in control of product packaging/positioning, but none of them work for GM, so don't get your hopes up :D

learning something new every day. Never seen public info yammy did advanced engines for toyo, perhaps due to japs culture

The first and last publicly celebrated collaboration between Yamaha and Toyota was the 1967 Toyota 2000GT - since then any references between the two have been largely avoided, but the cooperation has always continued.. ;)

• 2 months later...

I wonder what the MU7 version will look like.

There won't be a new model for the MU-7 until late 2013 / early 2014, but if it's anything like the current version, just imagine the DMax as a wagon ;) - previous MU's have never featured substantial styling differences from the pickup, nor a shortened chassis/wheelbase, like the PJS/Tuna,

There will likely be a Thairung PPV based on the new DMax later this year, if your new wagon just has to be based off an Isuzu ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well i like the styling & if i t does come with the 2.8 diesel (180 BHP) i would definately consider one.

Anyone want to buy my Fortuner 3 ltr Diesel, monster ECU, FMIC, Big brakes (6 pot)?

Drive safe

hris

Well i like the styling & if i t does come with the 2.8 diesel (180 BHP) i would definately consider one.

Anyone want to buy my Fortuner 3 ltr Diesel, monster ECU, FMIC, Big brakes (6 pot)?

Drive safe

hris

how do you like the monster ecu?

is it the monster max kd?

do you have 2 different settings to choose from and what hp/torque do you think you have?