Where To Buy 600Cc Bike

dezy1801

Just one more thing to consider when buying a secondhand bike (over 2 or 3 year of age) ..... correct me if i am wrong.... You can't insure them for anything more than just third party damages only, meaning if you drop or more likely get knocked off that R6 kiss goodbye to the 418,000baht spent on it :(

As said i might be wrong but i couldn't find any where to insure my VFR400 first class last year.

This yet another reason why i'm getting the 2012 ninja 650, it' costs just 10 - 13k to insure it first class out here, bargain :)

I've had no issues insuring a 2005 GSXR600 with first class insurance. 16k a year.

It's registered as a 2007 but they still insured it when they thought it was registered in 2005.

Ditto, no problem insuring my K5. I used AA Insurance Brokers. 18k baht for 350k coverage and all the other stuff, can't remember the details.

I stand corrected, the insurance company i used before hand said that i couldn't insure a second hand bike first class, guess they didn't want me taking my business elsewhere. I thought it was a bit strange.

It's nice to know that i can get 1st class when i part exchange the 2012 ninja 650 in a couple of years time :)

Edited by karlos

• 4 weeks later...

Would just like to say thanks to all who had an I put on this topic its very much appreciated and ro also let you know the I am a proud owner of a silver R6. :-)

Was it the one from Red Baron that i mentioned to you?

I'm getting my new bike next week but i'm some what jealous of the fact your bike has nearly twice the peak power and hell of a better chassis than my 2012 Ninja 650, Patients Karl..... Given time I'll have my real bike :D

Would just like to say thanks to all who had an I put on this topic its very much appreciated and ro also let you know the I am a proud owner of a silver R6. :-)

I'm getting my new bike next week but i'm some what jealous of the fact your bike has nearly twice the peak power and hell of a better chassis than my 2012 Ninja 650, Patients Karl..... Given time I'll have my real bike :D

That's the one Karlos have attached a picture of its new home :-) really enjoying riding it looking forward to the 14kilometre of road that's near completion just outside my home, no dogs and few Thais so will be able to open it up without to much worries.

Edited by dezy1801

That's the one Karlos have attached a picture of its new home :-) really enjoying riding it looking forward to the 14kilometre of road that's near completion just outside my home, no dogs and few Thais so will be able to open it up without to much worries.

Very nice mate, would this new road have a few bends or is it just straight?

No pic to see, upload upload!! :D

Very nice mate, would this new road have a few bends or is it just straight?

No pic to see, upload upload!! :D

There are 2 long sweeping corners that stand out and you can see ahead also. I will try again with upload if not get it will do it tomorrow on my laptop. :-)

Thanks again for the info on the bike p.s. nearly went for the Suzuki 600cc another lovely bike but the Yamaha does it for me.

post-31413-0-04086000-1323870733_thumb.j

Congratulations, I think a 600 Supersport is a great choice of bike for Thailand, many happy kms on mine. Somewhere between the 650 Kawasaki twins and the big litre bikes - nice place to be wink.gif.

Cheers JonnyF already feel at home on a 600 but will not rule out a move a bigger bike in the future. :-)

CONGRATS!

It's the PERFECT time of year to ride.

ENJOY!

T :jap:

First thing in the morning between 8-10 I'm out before it gets too hot. :-)

Congratulations, good choice. The best of the 600s. I like the colour also, looks great.

Thanks visions was lucky to get the info on the bike here on thaivisa lots of good input from all the members and I was presented with this beautiful bike which I wanted straight away. :-)

Cheers JonnyF already feel at home on a 600 but will not rule out a move a bigger bike in the future. :-)

The 600 RR bikes are a nice place to be. I had the 600 Honda & later the 900RR

The 900 was more comfy on longer than 2 hour rides but in the twisties the 600 was actually more fun & I could

go faster than bigger bikes in my company. Mainly because (in my case)I could get on the gas sooner & brake later in the turns.

But they are/were both great! The 600's love to sing & the power band was in the 10k+ rpm range.

The 900 of course had more torque & a wider power band.

The only reason the 900 was more comfy on longer rides was that bit of less buzziness with its wider power band.

But both were great! I am sure you will love it.

The 600 RR bikes are a nice place to be. I had the 600 Honda & later the 900RR

The 900 was more comfy on longer than 2 hour rides but in the twisties the 600 was actually more fun & I could

go faster than bigger bikes in my company. Mainly because (in my case)I could get on the gas sooner & brake later in the turns.

But they are/were both great! The 600's love to sing & the power band was in the 10k+ rpm range.

The 900 of course had more torque & a wider power band.

The only reason the 900 was more comfy on longer rides was that bit of less buzziness with its wider power band.

But both were great! I am sure you will love it.

Yes it does have a lovely note further up the rpm range seems to be at home there. :-)

Congratulations, good choice. The best of the 600s. I like the colour also, looks great.

Thanks visions was lucky to get the info on the bike here on thaivisa lots of good input from all the members and I was presented with this beautiful bike which I wanted straight away. :-)

You must owe me a drink then for pointing you in the direction of this bike ;)

I'll pick up my Ninja wannabe this week (should have been today but the delivery was delayed) once i get it we'll have to meet up some when in the New Year for a ride somewhere mate, just remember to slow down from time to time to let my 72hp parallel twin catch up with you :P

You must owe me a drink then for pointing you in the direction of this bike ;)

I'll pick up my Ninja wannabe this week (should have been today but the delivery was delayed) once i get it we'll have to meet up some when in the New Year for a ride somewhere mate, just remember to slow down from time to time to let my 72hp parallel twin catch up with you :P

No problem mate I can do that just depends on where you want to meet up as I dont think I would manage anything more than 2 hours on the bike as my arms go numb and feel like there gone :)

I don't ride that fast yet really.

I'm surprised the delivery was delayed especially here in Thailand 55555.