Big Buddha

cdmtdm

i walk most days over the cape at promthep and back down to home at ya nui beach , it puzzles me everyday as i have a good eye for things that are out level or not at right angles , the Big Buddha to me looking from the view point at the very top of the Cape is for sure on the piss .... anyone else spot that ? cool.gif

perhaps.... but its a lot , from the front angle seems ok but hard to line it up against anything from that view ( chao fa rd) the rear you have many buildings to compare .....

I've thought that too, looks to be leaning when you look at the profile from distance, maybe an optical illusion?

perhaps.... but its a lot , from the front angle seems ok but hard to line it up against anything from that view ( chao fa rd) the rear you have many buildings to compare .....

I've thought that too, looks to be leaning when you look at the profile from distance, maybe an optical illusion?

Should be easy to negate any optical illusion. Just hold up a plumb line (a weight on a string) at arms length.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the foundation is failing. It was recently revealed that the entire structure was built illegally. The original permit was for something 10% of the size. It launched an investigation into inspector corruption.