Passport

Hi Andy,

Sorry I can't answer this question as I have an American passport (in this the info is on the lower middle, right hand side of the page with your photo).

However I would like to suggest you look at the following thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50759

The reason is that based on your situation, the best visa for you may be the non-imm "B" visa. You only need provide a letter to the Honorary Consul in Hull or Birmingham, etc. that you are going to Thailand with the intention of looking into setting up a business there. That way if the employment offer does not happen, you can the easily set up your own business and freelance (the above thread has the details). If the employment offer does happen, no worries as the B visa is fine for that also. Cost for "O" or "B" is the same. Be sure to get the multiple entry.

seeker

Hi Andy,

Sorry I can't answer this question as I have an American passport (in this the info is on the lower middle, right hand side of the page with your photo).

However I would like to suggest you look at the following thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50759

The reason is that based on your situation, the best visa for you may be the non-imm "B" visa.  You only need provide a letter to the Honorary Consul in Hull or Birmingham, etc. that you are going to Thailand with the intention of looking into setting up a business there.  That way if the employment offer does not happen, you can the easily set up your own business and freelance (the above thread has the details).  If the employment offer does happen, no worries as the B visa is fine for that also.  Cost for "O" or "B" is the same.  Be sure to get the multiple entry.

seeker

Thanks guys, I am guessing that UKPA is the one for me on this....

Cheers

Andy

ROME is the place of issue.

Yeah, had my PP stolen whilst working there :o

Got the replacement the day after applying, full 10 year (no temporary rubbish), the Italians in the office were flabbergasted, takes about a month to get a replacement IT passport.

Ony problem is, it's NOT machine readable, there is nothing in the white area at the bottom of the page, occasionally causes odd looks from immi officers.

Edited by Crossy

The Post Office do offer a passport checking service, they make sure everything is filled in correctly, proper documents attached, etc, then they send it off for you.  It's probably much safer to do it that way.

They do indeed sierra01 except the OP is talking about his Non O application not applying for a passport. Far as i know the Post Office dont check that visa apps are filled in correctly. :o

The Post Office do offer a passport checking service, they make sure everything is filled in correctly, proper documents attached, etc, then they send it off for you.  It's probably much safer to do it that way.

They do indeed sierra01 except the OP is talking about his Non O application not applying for a passport. Far as i know the Post Office dont check that visa apps are filled in correctly. :D

Oops :o

Not completely off topic - the 10 year passport issued to me in Bangkok by the American embassy contains no field for 'issued at,' so I just write in "USA" now on the Thai forms.

Only a one year emergency passport would be issued at Bangkok now as all are printed in the USA these days for security reasons.

Not completely off topic - the 10 year passport issued to me in Bangkok by the American embassy contains no field for 'issued at,' so I just write in "USA" now on the Thai forms.

Only a one year emergency passport would be issued at Bangkok now as all are printed in the USA these days for security reasons.

Right as usual, lopburi3. Of course, you can't leave any item on the official forms blank, so you have to write something. I didn't think they'd understand "unstated" or "N/A," so I just wrote, "USA." It worked in Malaysia, too, both at the Consulate and at the borders.

…so I just wrote, "USA."

…which, I guess, comes closest to what the author of the form intended.

Somebody with an inquisitive mind might be given to wondering what difference it can possibly make to someone – if anyone ever – who needs to work with that information stated on a form whether a passport was issued, for example, at Los Angeles or Chicago or Timbuktu (for a US passport), for example at Herisau or Bellinzona or Tongatapu (for a Swiss passport). It is interesting to observe how the silliness of collecting completely useless information gets perpetuated ad infinitum.

Just did mine in the the UK,the old one was full of bloody Camdo stamps,got a new 10 year with an extra 18 months,came back 1 week to the day I sent it,no post office check needed,a renewal is very easy.Cost was £54,they are going up again soon,

You did well there they only normally only allow 9 months credit for any unexpired portion of the old passport. Did mine in June and only got the 9 months credit.

Extract from the website below.

To encourage customers to apply early we now offer a facility that enables applicants with unexpired validity in their old passports to receive a credit, up to the nearest whole month (minimum of one month, maximum of nine months) in their new passport.