Thai Cabinet Endorses Thaksin Amnesty Plan: Reports

webfact

Here is an attachment for a youtube video showing the red shirts being paid off.

I will also ask my wife to find the video interview that Thaksin gave in which he addmited in the interview that he weas paying the demonstrators to defy the law and government. The irony is that he is so stupid he didn't even realize he admitted to paying them 300 baht per day on the camera until the someone wispered in his ear piece that he should not have said that. How do we know....becasue there was about 10 seconds of silence while he tried to figure a way out of what he just said.

Thanks. Such a piece of good evident.

I wonder why less than 70 people view the video to date. Just wonder.

Probably taken down and put up again. Restarts the count.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be very interesting to find out who leaked the info as apparently the only people in the room were those that could be trusted. Perhaps not everyone is as loyal to the godfather as they think

Potential espionage charges given Chalerm's descriptions of the secret meeting?

The "leak" was intentional. It was designed to test the water.

... we write here about what should happen ... but, our voices are irrelevant ... the Thai electorate speaks, and loudly ... they know what is ghoing on ... this is what the majority of Thais want.

... representative democracy is a remarkable institution ... elected representatives really do reflect the collective character of the people who vote them into office.

... so, what might be divined from this single shameful act (amongst scores of others)?: Thailand and the majority of its people are now an ethically, spiritually and morally bankrupt culture and people.

... as for Thailand's future?:

• Thailand as a Russian-style oligarchy ... the old generation of privileged elites will be subverted by the new generation of commercial elites.
  • After that, Thailand as a kleptocracy, where powerful oligarch leeches suck the blood and wealth of a nation at the expense of its passified masses.
  • After that, perhaps a yet unborn generation of Thais will eventually rise up and rout this thoroughly rotten culture of its dispicable, low-class values.

... shame on these people ... shame on Thailand for perpetrating upon their children lives in a culture of institutionalized corruption ... crooks, all ... just disgusting.

Edited by swillowbee

Here is an attachment for a youtube video showing the red shirts being paid off.

I will also ask my wife to find the video interview that Thaksin gave in which he addmited in the interview that he weas paying the demonstrators to defy the law and government. The irony is that he is so stupid he didn't even realize he admitted to paying them 300 baht per day on the camera until the someone wispered in his ear piece that he should not have said that. How do we know....becasue there was about 10 seconds of silence while he tried to figure a way out of what he just said.

Good video, but you do have to understand something about Thaksin personally to understand why such an otherwise intelligent person can make such a stupid mistake. Thaksin never cares what he says. Honestly. It isn't that he lies as such, he simply places no value on anyone else or anything he says. Normal people take a few seconds to think about what they are going to say, because they expect that they may be held to their words. Thaksin's brain is wired differently. He will say anything because it is meaningless to him. He has no intention of ever doing anything he says. He just says whatever is useful to him at the time. His whole person is dedicated to manipulating and distracting for personal gain.

Since he never practices being responsible for his words, he has absolutely no skill at considering the ramifications of them. So yes, today he admits to paying 300 baht, but tomorrow he'll deny it. And if you show him the video, he'll simply raise his blue paddle at you and start the process of having you removed for being insolent.

People who know Thaksin understand exactly what I am saying, and those who don't will continue to think that he is just another corrupt politician. He isn't. Thaksin is dangerous in a way that many in this country do not appreciate. He is not just the worst thing to hit Thailand in modern times, he is a virus that must be destroyed before he destroys us all.

Be very interesting to find out who leaked the info as apparently the only people in the room were those that could be trusted. Perhaps not everyone is as loyal to the godfather as they think

Potential espionage charges given Chalerm's descriptions of the secret meeting?

The "leak" was intentional. It was designed to test the water.

That's what I think too. Thaksin IS tone deaf and DOES bully his way through things, but the timing just couldn't be worse. If this is for real, I believe he'll come to rue the day he imagined he could pull it off. Probably all of us will come to share in that regret for an assortment of reasons.

Good video, but you do have to understand something about Thaksin personally to understand why such an otherwise intelligent person can make such a stupid mistake. Thaksin never cares what he says. Honestly. It isn't that he lies as such, he simply places no value on anyone else or anything he says. Normal people take a few seconds to think about what they are going to say, because they expect that they may be held to their words. Thaksin's brain is wired differently. He will say anything because it is meaningless to him. He has no intention of ever doing anything he says. He just says whatever is useful to him at the time. His whole person is dedicated to manipulating and distracting for personal gain.

Since he never practices being responsible for his words, he has absolutely no skill at considering the ramifications of them. So yes, today he admits to paying 300 baht, but tomorrow he'll deny it. And if you show him the video, he'll simply raise his blue paddle at you and start the process of having you removed for being insolent.

People who know Thaksin understand exactly what I am saying, and those who don't will continue to think that he is just another corrupt politician. He isn't. Thaksin is dangerous in a way that many in this country do not appreciate. He is not just the worst thing to hit Thailand in modern times, he is a virus that must be destroyed before he destroys us all.

Thaksin is a businessman and businessmen don't always make good politicians.

I remember an old interview of a top European manager who were asked if democracy (elected CEO) was a good thing for a company. He replied "no" because then the CEO will spend his time campaigning for reelection instead of leading the company.

Thaksin has this mentality that's why his style can been seen as abrupt and uncompromising. But he gets things done that's what electors appreciate with him.

Thaksin is a businessman and businessmen don't always make good politicians.

I remember an old interview of a top European manager who were asked if democracy (elected CEO) was a good thing for a company. He replied "no" because then the CEO will spend his time campaigning for reelection instead of leading the company.

Thaksin has this mentality that's why his style can been seen as abrupt and uncompromising. But he gets things done that's what electors appreciate with him.

As I said. People who know Thaksin will understand exactly what I am saying. Others will simply try and find other excuses for his behavior. There is no substitute for meeting the man.

The Facebook page opposing the amnesty has exploded with "I am attending"s and presently stands at 26,506 - up from about 16,000 less than three hours ago.

Now it's over 100,000

Seems more than a handful of people, with clearly the vast majority of of those attending being Thai, are upset by this.

Thanks. Such a piece of good evident.

I wonder why less than 70 people view the video to date. Just wonder.

Probably taken down and put up again. Restarts the count.

This and several similar videos have been played many times before on numerous websites.

Good evidence, sure, but it has been seen before by lots of folks.

Also:

- He's said numerous times 'I have done nothing wrong'. About as honest and trustworthy as a crocodile / he does what he wants regardless of whether it's moral or whatever. He seees whatever he does as OK, because it fits what he wants, therefore it's not wrong in his mind.

- 'The people want me to be president for life'. He said this several times both in out of Thailand, there was one clip on CNN. Now he vehemently denies he said it.

The Facebook page opposing the amnesty has exploded with "I am attending"s and presently stands at 26,506 - up from about 16,000 less than three hours ago.

Now it's over 100,000

Seems more than a handful of people, with clearly the vast majority of of those attending being Thai, are upset by this.

100K out of 62 millions. That;s a majority.

BTW I don't think the big bad wolf should return. He could and have rule via Skype already.

Now it's over 100,000

BTW I don't think the big bad wolf should return. He could and have rule via Skype already.

The vast majority of those 100k are Thai. And the number of that FB page is still rising.

If all who have promised to attend actually do, it will be a very sizeable rally, and could be extremely damaging to the country depending on where they gather.

Now it's over 100,000

The vast majority of those 100k are Thai. And the number of that FB page is still rising.

If all who have promised to attend actually do, it will be a very sizeable rally, and could be extremely damaging to the country depending on where they gather.

Remember Paewa hate site? The underage girl who caused an accident which leads to amost 10 death on tollway. HALF A MILLION within a few days.

So what? Nothing did happen to her, and she still walk FREE.

Remember Paewa hate site? The underage girl who caused an accident which leads to amost 10 death on tollway. HALF A MILLION within a few days.

So what? Nothing did happen to her, and she still walk FREE.

Yes I remember that incident, but you are comparing oranges to apples.

:o

Presumeably therefore it would be possible for the opposition to:

1. Find a person who qualifies under the criteria and

2. Is a convicted criminal who escaped punishment by fleeing arrest in Thailand and

3. Is willing to return to Thailand under that amnesty and then

4. The opposition should pay that oerson's air fare to THailand and then

5. Hold a news clonference when that person arrives at the airport under the

Thaksin amnesty law

an international photo-opurtunity there.

B)

This is Thailand and the present government won a fair election. What is being done is being decided by Thais and those of you who do not like it and/or the decisions being made should go back and put your own country to right. Obviously the Thai system is no good for you so why live in a country that you do not like when your country is obviously a paradise which was so good you had to get out and move elsewhere. As for me I accept that I am a guest here and happy with the system because it is the Thai way. When I become uncomfortable for whatever reason I will move on, maybe back to my own country. I respectfully suggest many of the posters have now reached this stage and should leave!

People have the right to care about the welfare of the country they love and have their opinion also.I personally don't want him to come back (especially now) but even if he does I'm not leaving.There's a lot more to Thailand than Thaksin

Can anyone tell me why Thailand wants to let bad people walk?

Correct me if I am wrong. The more you forgive, the more merit (known as BOON in Thai) you will receive for your next life right? I think that is the idea.

So, if you let a small thieve free, you will receive a small BOON. If you let a big moron murderer off, you will receive big BOON.

If my logic is right, letting the big bad wolf Thaksin walk will receive Trillion of BOON, much more than letting all the known criminals off PUT TOGETHER.

Is my logic correct?

No!

Can anyone tell me why Thailand wants to let bad people walk?

Correct me if I am wrong. The more you forgive, the more merit (known as BOON in Thai) you will receive for your next life right? I think that is the idea.

So, if you let a small thieve free, you will receive a small BOON. If you let a big moron murderer off, you will receive big BOON.

If my logic is right, letting the big bad wolf Thaksin walk will receive Trillion of BOON, much more than letting all the known criminals off PUT TOGETHER.

Is my logic correct?

No!

If No, then what?

Shocked, not suprised. I think any normal minded person, thinks this is absolutely disgusting, especially at this time.

And there's even some people on here who don't see anything wrong with it. Completely gobsmacked. I must ask them:

If this Government is for the Thai People, not just ONE man, then why have they done this during the floods?

At the start of the campaign they said it wasn't about Thaksin; well they have proved to be liars now - how do you feel supporint blatant liars?

I was willing to give this governemnt the benefit of the doubt, like so many other Thais and farang, but this is just sick.

You should neither be shocked nor surprised. This man has invested a lot since the Supreme Court ordered the confiscation of his Bt46bn. He has paid for the riots and burnings and massively bankrolled an election. He is not going to stand idly by and watch all this investment evaporate, just because some measly Thai peasants got flooded out of their houses and electrocuted. No, he deserves a fair return on his investment and he needs to be back in Bangkok for his daughter's wedding in December. There is also much urgent work to be done to consolidate power before his sister either cracks up under the strain or gets forced out by his own cronies. Daddy Happy Toilet also needs to be trimmed down to size before he starts thinking he can do everything for himself without the Boss. What has happened to change any of these priorities? There is Bt46bn at stake plus another Bt100bn of low hunging fruit to be grabbed over the next few years in power.

I am a farang so it's none of my business what they do. I just enjoy the ride.

I too enjoy the ride, but I do also care, where it will terminate ! :o

... lucky you ... some of us are here with our children, for whom what happens here is if the greatest consequence to their futures.

I am not surprise if 26,000 criminals were not set free this year because of 1 man. Thaksin.

You noticed too that the guilt game is being played here. It is truly appalling. I can't really say more to expand on this if you don't get my meaning.

Edited by Jingthing

I am not surprise if 26,000 criminals were not set free this year because of 1 man. Thaksin.

You noticed too that the guilt game is being played here. It is truly appalling. I can't really say more to expand on this if you don't get my meaning.

I think it's the key reason that

A) it might actually go through

Or

B.) The PAD/Army come to the rescue

Edited by Moonrakers

Yes Thaksin is playing hardball at the highest levels. His past his shown he loves the big gamble and he times his moves with care. He doesn't always win though.

Most ex-presidents and former prime ministers devote their lives to making a positive difference in the world, or at least fade away into obscurity. Here are five former leaders who have done neither.

Enjoy, http://www.foreignpo...d_exes?page=0,4