Want To Buy Cheap Rowing Boat Or Kayak

jamiesensei

Hi,

Anyone seen any cheap plastic rowing boats or reasonably priced Kayaks around town. Am not sure exactly how much they charge but there is a shop selling Kayaks opposite the train station. It is never open when I am in the area which tends to be on a Sunday. I have heard the Kayaks they sell there are primarily for export and are priced accordingly.

A plastic rowing boat might be fun.

Jamie

Ah!

I found an article on hiring a canoe at fairly reasonable prices here http://www.chiangmainews.com/indepth/details.php?id=388

Will give that a go definitely. But also would be interested in what others have to say about buying too.

I hope if I paddle out to the Mae Ngat house boat restaurants they will not try to gauge me 500 B for the boat ride.

Jamie

There's a plastic product shop just before Makro on the superhighway. I think they have the plastic boats. Also a similar shop across the road, I think. There's also a shop on the southeast corner of the crossroads south of Big C, Hangdong road. I think they also had kayaks there, but not 100% sure.

There's a plastic product shop just before Makro on the superhighway. I think they have the plastic boats. Also a similar shop across the road, I think. There's also a shop on the southeast corner of the crossroads south of Big C, Hangdong road. I think they also had kayaks there, but not 100% sure.

Regarding the shop on the southeast corner of the crossroads south of Big C Hang Dong. Last time i went that way they had several plastic boats of various sizes.

Stocks should replenish some time after the floods recede I guess.

Oh, yes! It hadn't really registered with me that stocks for all kinds of boats and such will be depleted right now because of high demand.

Might be some second hand ones available next year :D

For others interested I just phoned FeelFree in BKK and asked them about their cheapest models. For a one person Kayak they start at 18,500 B and a two person I think they said started at about 23,000 or more, I forget. Very expensive!

They ship to CM for an extra 1,200 B. Or there is the shop opposite the station.

I have also found out it is possible to rent a canoe / kayak from near Wat Faham which is just South of the super highway on the East bank of the Ping River. And also possibly a little further North. For only 100 B a day. So will definitely give that a go some time soon. Not sure if the other place mentioned in the 2003 Chiang Mai News article linked to above is still running, Khun Lek, near the forestry department.