Report: U.S. woman drops paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber

News_Editor

Report: U.S. woman drops paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber

2011-11-16 17:41:19 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- A California woman who accused teenage pop star Justin Bieber of being the father of her baby has dropped the paternity lawsuit she filed in a Los Angeles court earlier this month, TMZ.com reported on Wednesday.

The gossip and entertainment news website reported that the paternity lawsuit filed by 20-year-old Mariah Yeater was quietly dismissed last week. TMZ.com also said that her two lawyers, Lance Rogers and Matt Pare, have both withdrawn themselves from the case.

The news comes about 1.5 week after 17-year-old Bieber agreed to take a DNA test at a laboratory later this month to prove he is not the father of Yeater's 3-month-old baby boy. Bieber's lawyer Howard Weitzman had also planned to sue Yeater for making 'phony' and 'hurtful' allegations.

In the lawsuit which has now been dropped, Yeater claimed to have had a sexual encounter with Bieber after his October 25, 2010, concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Yeater was 19 at the time while Bieber was 16, which means it would have been illegal under state law for her to have sex with Bieber.

"After waiting for a short period of time with several young women, Justin Bieber appeared and engaged me in conversation," Yeater stated in the lawsuit. "Immediately, it was obvious that we were mutually attracted to one another, and we began to kiss. Shortly thereafter, Justin Bieber suggested that I go with him to a private place where we could be alone."

The lawsuit continued, adding that after walking to a private area, Bieber told her he wanted to "make love" to her and that it would be his "first time." Yeater alleged that they then went into a bathroom to be alone where Bieber's personality "changed drastically" as he allegedly began touching her and repeatedly said he wanted to "<deleted>> the sh-t out of me."

"At the time I asked him to put a condom [on] for protection," she stated, "but he insisted that he did not want to." Yeater said Bieber stripped her naked and then had sex with her, detailing that she was on top of a shelf and that the sex was "brief, lasting approximately 30 seconds."

After news about the lawsuit broke, Bieber's representatives immediately denied the allegations. "It is sad that someone would fabricate malicious, defamatory, and demonstrably false claims. We will vigorously pursue all available legal remedies to defend and protect Justin against these allegations."

On November 5, Bieber himself first responded to Yeater's claims. "I'd just like to say that basically none of those allegations are true, and I know that I'm going to be a target but I'm never going to be a victim, you know," he told NBC's TODAY show.

He added: "I just think it's crazy because every night after the show, I've gone right from the stage right to my car so, it's crazy that some people would make up such false allegations but, to set the record straight, none of it is true."

When asked if Bieber ever met Yeater, he said: " never met the woman."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-11-16