Expert Honda Motorcycle Mechanic In Cm

connda

I'm looking for a skilled, competent Honda motorcycle mechanic in Chiang Mai.

My Honda Dream 125 is having carburetor problems that the local Honda dealership can't seem to fix.

Can anyone give me a recommendation. Thanks!

What are the symptoms?

Sometimes the choke plug sticks do to grime, you have to take it out and scrape the walls down and use real carb cleaner, all they use here is compressed air and gas, not enough to clean the bypass holes.

Edited by KRS1

There is a guy who restores/fixes older Honda bikes on the river.

He fixes my Africa Twin 750 so he should be ok for a Wave.

It is a small shop on the left hand side about 300m along Chaeron Rat coming from the superhighway to the river.

If you see the Tourist police office you have gone too far.

The name is Beer service. Was there a few days ago and saw a classic 305cc and a 60's 250 4 cylinder.

Not much english spoken and he is the sole owner/mechanic but very skilled..

My man Khun Uhte is very good. Tung Hotel Rd soi 1 about 800 mtrs down first garage.

Mind you he says that over time carburetor bodies do wear out and would agree with, paulchiangmai, that a new cab is the way to go.

john

I've got 16+ Km on the bike. For the price of the carb, I agree: replacing would probably be less of a headache the fixing it. They have already disassembled and cleaned it (so they say). I think I'll go that route. Thanks for the replies. :)

...On a similar note. I love working on my cars and/or bikes but I don't like doing it without guidance i.e. a repair manual such as Chilton's or Hayne's. I haven't been able to find such a thing for my Honda Dream which seems strange since there must be millions of them on the road. Does anybody have a suggestion (and not written in Thai or Japanese)?