Got The Red Stamp ,What'S Next?

I will explain my situation a little first, because browsing various topics didn't give me a satisfying answer.

Since i work outside of Thailand on a 10 weeks on / 10 weeks of base i'm used to get a 30 day visa on arrival (flying in) and get another 60 days doing a visa run.

This covers my 10 weeks without having to be worried for overstay etc.

I have been staying in Thailand for the last 7 years for about 5 to 6 months a year on tourist visas without a single problem.

I do it this way (i mean the 60 days TR visa) since they changed the rules on coming in by land and getting only 2 weeks instead of a month (couple of years back),

before that i just went out and in again on a monthly base.

The last time i went for the 60 days TR visa i got it back with the red stamp saying more or less i can be refused another visa the next time.

Im staying at my girlfriends house mostly during my stay ,don't work in Thailand and spend quit some money here (i have a very well paid job and get paid 12 months a year)

Since i'm in my thirties,unmarried i cannot apply for any other kind of visa.

Anyone around here has had a similar experience and knows a way to get this straightened out (yeah yeah ,getting married)? ,a letter wich explains my situation perhaps?

At the moment i haven't figured out yet what to do.

It's a difficult situation you are in. My suggestion would be that with your next application for a single-entry tourist visa you should accompany the application with a letter addressed to His Excellency the Consul, giving an explanation of your work schedule outside Thailand just like you did here and mention that you like to spend your time off work with your friends in Thailand. You see, the consuls are under pressure from Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs to weed out applicants who are suspected of working illegally in Thailand and having your explanatory letter to put on file will hopefully help the consul to approve your application. Savannakhet in Laos appears to be the best option for a tourist visa nowadays.

I assume you've already looked into the possibility of applying for a tourist visa while you're away working outside of Thailand. As that would be the most obvious solution.

You could try supplying a letter to the consul next time you apply for a tourist visa. However now having a read stamp in your passport, might be to your disadvantage. I'd suggest looking into getting a new passport during your next leave out of Thailand. Then you'd be good to apply for a few tourist visas again. I've probably had 5 passports in the last 10 years, as they've either been getting close to full or contained too many visas and/or entry stamps.

If all above fails, you could book a cheap return flight 30 days after your next arrival, Air Asia and other low cost airlines have very cheap flights if booked 4 weeks or more in advance. Then take that flight to a neighboring country and return for an additional 30 days. Lastly do a land border crossing to tie you up for the final 10 days of stay. Quite cumbersome I know, but if everything else fails, that's better than not being able to stay here on your leave.

Thanks for the replies

Since i work offshore going to the embassy is not an easy option ,will try another place (used to go to Vientiane) ,i like to see different places anyway

I will type a letter explaining the situation and maybe some recommendations or confirmation from some (Thai) people i know will do the trick.

I won't be back before end of januari so still have some time to figure out what's the best option.