Goodbye

aussiechick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my mention of Goose'swas because I feel the same.Love their fish and chips. I know in Australia the wages are higher but if you do a comparison check - which I have done with students you find out it is not much diffferent - example wages Aust: $2000 p.month - rent approx $200 per week (for a room)

Thai Wages Baht 15,000 per month rent Baht 3000 per month (for a room). Beer Aus $4 Thai Baht 60 ($2) etc.

Just keep your fingers crossed I get a job quickly!!!! Then I can get back on a holiday and annoy you all again :whistling:

Hi AC, I'm in Brisbane and can't believe you actually found a place for $200 a week, which area are you living?

Good luck with Centrelink, they are a real pain to deal with, hope you can get some meaninful work that pays well.

If you fancy an ale sometime I'll glady buy you a couple and have a good old fashioned chin wag, just PM me.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

And my mention of Goose'swas because I feel the same.Love their fish and chips. I know in Australia the wages are higher but if you do a comparison check - which I have done with students you find out it is not much diffferent - example wages Aust: $2000 p.month - rent approx $200 per week (for a room)

Thai Wages Baht 15,000 per month rent Baht 3000 per month (for a room). Beer Aus $4 Thai Baht 60 ($2) etc.

Just keep your fingers crossed I get a job quickly!!!! Then I can get back on a holiday and annoy you all again :whistling:

Hi AC, I'm in Brisbane and can't believe you actually found a place for $200 a week, which area are you living?

Good luck with Centrelink, they are a real pain to deal with, hope you can get some meaninful work that pays well.

If you fancy an ale sometime I'll glady buy you a couple and have a good old fashioned chin wag, just PM me.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

I am not renting - just checked the newspapers for prices and that was for a room only! I am actullay living at home at the moment in the wonderful bayside suburb of Wunnum/Manly!

I was lucky with Centerlink - had great service and very helpful Finally have all my paperwork organised! Medicare, Tax file No, bank account and believe it or not a Proof of Age Card ( just waiting for some bouncer to ask me to show it as I am walking into the pub hahahahahaha)

Next step WORK!!

Will PM you soon.

when a beer in pattaya costs more than in my home country there is a major problem -

when a beer in a 7/11 costs 35baht and in certain establishments is 7x that - there is a major problem

thank god family mart and 7/11 are here as they set a base price for everything, pity they didn't sell fish and chips lol, and before anyone mentions it - no I don't drink outside convenience stores or buy beer from them either

A can of coke here costs 14baht - in the UK is costs well over 1 pound sterling - my friend works for coke and say it is down to regonal marketing, now if you new what that ment then you would be understanding what I'm talking about

and just to add - pattaya is not expensive for me - I just hate being ripped off, more often than not I'll go in a reasonably priced bar and buy all the staff a beer costing me more than if I went to a rip off joint

pattaya prices have gotten out of control in some areas it will eventually implode