Archers

Ulysses G.

I went there a couple of years ago and found the place satisfactory, deh wah lacking in atmosphere. Three of us expats went and although the food was aroi it was not what I would call aroi mak mak. None of us have felt an urgent need to return since.

All this talk of roasts has got me hungry for one though, so I may have to try again!

The OP is asking what it is like now, not a couple of years ago wink.gif

Do you mean now as right now or yesterday or last week?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went there a couple of years ago and found the place satisfactory, deh wah lacking in atmosphere. Three of us expats went and although the food was aroi it was not what I would call aroi mak mak. None of us have felt an urgent need to return since.

All this talk of roasts has got me hungry for one though, so I may have to try again!

The OP is asking what it is like now, not a couple of years ago wink.gif

Do you mean now as right now or yesterday or last week?

So old chap but you seem to be 6 months behind everyone else so get with the plot 40.gif24.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

On the flip side I see huge amounts of people in this country (expats included) who get a dog for what ever reason and really don't give a dam_n about it... No wonder they spend the whole night whinging and barking and keeping everyone up...

Is that the ex-pats whinging all night?

• Like 1

On the flip side I see huge amounts of people in this country (expats included) who get a dog for what ever reason and really don't give a dam_n about it... No wonder they spend the whole night whinging and barking and keeping everyone up...

Iv'e heard that a lot of ex-pats bark all night !

Edited by alfieconn

Every time I see your avatar, I remember what it was that I forgot to do! wink.png

Every time I see your avatar, I remember what it was that I forgot to do! wink.png

and every time I see your avatar reminds me of beano school report (or was it Dandy?)

Name of Pupil: DAN, Desperate Age: 15

Dear Mr and Mrs Dan,

As we all know, Desperate is not a bright boy (if boy is the right word for someone who's been shaving since he was six). He has spent so long at the bottom of the class the other children call him 'Shipwreck.'

I am sure there are no similarities.

and every time I see your avatar reminds me of beano school report (or was it Dandy?)

Dear Mr and Mrs Dan,

As we all know, Desperate is not a bright boy (if boy is the right word for someone who's been shaving since he was six). He has spent so long at the bottom of the class the other children call him 'Shipwreck.'

It's the Dandy...... Desperate Dan is 74 years old....nearly as old as me.

He knows all about good food...especially pies.

1397196-cowpie1_super.jpg

Dear Mr and Mrs Dan,

But you southerners don't put mushy peas and gravy on your pies, so you cant know that much biggrin.png

Dear Mr and Mrs Dan,

But you southerners don't put mushy peas and gravy on your pies, so you cant know that much biggrin.png

I've seen that on the sidewalk outside Nellie Dean's.....but I thought it was something else! sick.gif

• Like 1

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose

to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place

and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK

how can you justify making a flippant throwaway comment like "serious health concerns"

how many other restraurants, bars, bbqs have you been to around the city when you actually see a rat. A few month ago, was sitting on the brand new decking at "In Town" and a rat scuttled across the deck and just dropped into the planted area at the front.

how many road cart chicken legs did you buy covered in flies.

So dont make a connection between dog and health scare.

I hope the dog didnt catch anything from you mate.

I wonder how you can eat anything in this country.

• Like 1

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose

to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place

and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK

how can you justify making a flippant throwaway comment like "serious health concerns"

how many other restraurants, bars, bbqs have you been to around the city when you actually see a rat. A few month ago, was sitting on the brand new decking at "In Town" and a rat scuttled across the deck and just dropped into the planted area at the front.

how many road cart chicken legs did you buy covered in flies.

So dont make a connection between dog and health scare.

I hope the dog didnt catch anything from you mate.

Can you elaborate a bit on that weird and wonderful statement Throaty 40.gif

Things aren't as good when you have to explain are they...lol

Nah.......gutted. sad.png I'm heading for the house of fun.

for a bit of emabarrasment in those baggy trousers again (dont want to explain this to non english)

perhaps better to stay home at Our House ? smile.png

Things aren't as good when you have to explain are they...lol

Nah.......gutted. sad.png I'm heading for the house of fun.

for a bit of emabarrasment in those baggy trousers again (dont want to explain this to non english)

perhaps better to stay home at Our House ? smile.png

Shut Up......I only stay at home on a Grey Day. tongue.png

I have been looking for a place to get a good Sunday roast after trying several establishments in my opinion The Pub cannot be beaten, the meal at Archers was cold and the meat tough. I have also tried a couple of places in town, at the moment nothing touches the pub!

But always willing to try other recommendations.

• Like 1

I have been looking for a place to get a good Sunday roast after trying several establishments in my opinion The Pub cannot be beaten, the meal at Archers was cold and the meat tough. I have also tried a couple of places in town, at the moment nothing touches the pub!

In the pub they roast the meat on very low heat over night and make gravy from the meat stock. Excellent dinner. Gekko garden is quite good also but buffet 200Baht,To be fair i have not tried some of the hotels yet but here good reports on holiday inn.
  • Like 2

I don't often write on here but being regular to Archers and loving Mary the bars well behaved, clean family dog, well I just had to say something. A dog being in the same area as food does not lead to health concerns or the millions of people with household pets would permanently be sick!

Clearly not a dog person then I'm sure your not actually welcome back at Archers and I'm sure that Mary attracts more customers for the place than she could possibly scare away.

Are dogs allowed in European or american restaurants? No? Why? There are no real food regs here but it's obvious any animal near food is a potential health hazard - this is not a comment against archers but I had to comment on your statement which is not accurate - sorry

• Like 1

I don't often write on here but being regular to Archers and loving Mary the bars well behaved, clean family dog, well I just had to say something. A dog being in the same area as food does not lead to health concerns or the millions of people with household pets would permanently be sick!

Clearly not a dog person then I'm sure your not actually welcome back at Archers and I'm sure that Mary attracts more customers for the place than she could possibly scare away.

Are dogs allowed in European or american restaurants? No? Why? There are no real food regs here but it's obvious any animal near food is a potential health hazard - this is not a comment against archers but I had to comment on your statement which is not accurate - sorry

And your comment is not accurate- guide dogs certainly allowed, why would that be?? give some support to your argument

And your comment is not accurate- guide dogs certainly allowed, why would that be?? give some support to your argument

Why would that be? Because special dispensation for DINERS was made in the Regs - got it now?

I hope you complained so something could be done about it !

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK
how can you justify making a flippant throwaway comment like "serious health concerns" how many other restraurants, bars, bbqs have you been to around the city when you actually see a rat. A few month ago, was sitting on the brand new decking at "In Town" and a rat scuttled across the deck and just dropped into the planted area at the front. how many road cart chicken legs did you buy covered in flies. . So dont make a connection between dog and health scare. I hope the dog didnt catch anything from you mate.
Can you elaborate a bit on that weird and wonderful statement Throaty 40.gif

Just that if he gets so worked up about a dog I bet he misses out on loads of the good tasty street food. Must be constantly scared about what animals have been near his food.

• Like 1