Recommendation For Bank Account?

Can someone recommend a bank/account that comes with a Visa-card that works abroad (best would be without foreign transaction fees) and online-banking? What are the requirements for such an account (I have a valid work permit, but all my funds are on my bank account at home and my company pays my salary on that bank account at home)?

Some more information:

So far, I was using the Visa debit card of my home bank, because I can withdraw money at ATMs worldwide without any transaction fees and they would even reimburse me the local 150 THB ATM fee (even though that fee doesn't occur at their end). However, I just lost that Visa card, and they obviously need 3+ weeks to send me a new one. All my money is in that account, even my company pays my salary into that account, so it's quite a mess. Someone will send me cash with Western Union now and I will transfer money from my bank account to his one using online-banking.

So I thought the best/easiest way is to open a local bank account, and just put the money from my home account into that one. So what would be the best product/bank for that?

Where is your home country ?

Bangkok Bank as an example has branches in LONDON and NEW YORK, you can transfer money into those and they forward to Thailand, easy and efficient. There B1st account can be used worldwide etc but there are fee's for use of the card abroad.Account opening is simple and they have good online banking.

I have Bangkok Bank account here, what is the exact processto transfer from my US bank to NY Bangkok Bank and then transfer to my BangkokBank account here

I have attached a link to our website outlining the process. Should you need further assistance please PM me.

Dave

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Transfering%20Funds/Transferring%20into%20Thailand/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20USA/Pages/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20USA.aspx

Home country is Germany, and all my funds are on my German account. Also, my company is still paying my salaries on that account; my contract might move to the Thai entity later though.

So would I need is a bank account with:

- Transferring my funds from Germany without too many fees involved (at least less than Western Union)

- Online-banking capabilities

- Visa-card that works abroad; best would be without transaction fees

- Simple opening process (work permit etc. is okay, but obviously I can't show that I have a certain income here in Thailand but only in Germany)

I had a Bangkok Bank B1st account before, which was really easy to setup and use in Thailand, but I thought it was rather limited regarding paying abroad (afair it was a debit card which was supposed to work with Thai ATMs only), online-banking, and transferring money from my home account.

...)

I had a Bangkok Bank B1st account before, which was really easy to setup and use in Thailand, but I thought it was rather limited regarding paying abroad (afair it was a debit card which was supposed to work with Thai ATMs only), online-banking, and transferring money from my home account.

Should answer your question:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Be1st%20and%20ATM%20Cards/Be1st%20Card/Pages/default.aspx

I have Bangkok Bank account here, what is the exact processto transfer from my US bank to NY Bangkok Bank and then transfer to my BangkokBank account here

I have attached a link to our website outlining the process. Should you need further assistance please PM me.

Dave

http://www.bangkokba...from%20USA.aspx

Dave looking at this it appears that from US your $ are exchanged into Baht and sent wheras from the UK you have the choice of sending in baht or £GBP. If you are sending a reasonable sum is it not better to send and have changed at the Thai end as the rate is normally better or is that not true in this case? I had always thought that you get a better rate exchanging in Thailand then outside. I appreciate you would need to offset the difference in the transfer cost hence I say a reasonable sum.

Thanks