Gogo Bar In Rawai

FlyByNights

I have always wondered when it would finally happen, apparently it did, but at the same time it did not, maybe I'm missing something. I'm hearing a lot of mixed messages. I didn't believe it when someone told me so I had take a look for myself. Sure enough it is there, the place is called " The Spot". The only problem is that they are not open, or were they and I just didn't notice? I see they are looking for staff, and paying a base salary of 9,000 baht per month. The signs and stickers outside (over kill I must say) advertise the place as a "sports themed" GOGO bar with over 8,000,000 songs, games, food, drinks, and with another sticker mentioning "if we don't have it, let us know we will add it" :blink: .

I don't see how this is going to work, considering that the only "entertainment zones" that I personally know about, are located in Patong, and a very small section in Kata.

Someone must have some really deep pockets to pull this off

Does anyone have any insight to what is happening there ? The place is located on Chao Fa going towards Rawai Beach, across the street from Tamarind Bar.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"with over 8,000,000 songs"

Do they have a list?:rolleyes:

They must be new to the Internet. Odd to say the least, but yes I know of a bar that is open now that advertises the exact same thing. "Hey mate, let’s go have a beer, they have over 8,000,000 songs !!" :crazy:

Wait and see when it opens,,,how long it will last,will probably depend on who runs it Thai or Farang or both or how well conected they are in Rawai........bit more news......the Freedom bar has new owners....and the previous owners have taken over the ENIGMA BAR...opens 25 november... and across the road you have the SPOT and next door to the car wash another bar called the CAVES, its all happening down that end...i wonder where all the customers will come from..

maybe from Laguna etc,also the GOOD TIME BAR has changed hands,new owners :unsure:

Just noticed a single new bar in course of construction in a row of shophouses (sorry, home-offices) on the Sea Shell Museum side of the road.

They've got the bar counter built, and in 2 corners are a couple of chrome poles!!

Would these be the row of four empty, but, stylish looking shophouses just north of the Shell Museum on the same side?

Wait and see when it opens,,,how long it will last,will probably depend on who runs it Thai or Farang or both or how well conected they are in Rawai........bit more news......the Freedom bar has new owners....and the previous owners have taken over the ENIGMA BAR...opens 25 november... and across the road you have the SPOT and next door to the car wash another bar called the CAVES, its all happening down that end...i wonder where all the customers will come from..

maybe from Laguna etc,also the GOOD TIME BAR has changed hands,new owners :unsure:

you must really be into the bar scene... :lol:

......and what's wrong with that?

why are you not?,i enjoy going out early doors having a chat and a drink meeting freinds the go home to my thai familly been doing it for years,and i enjoy it....try it you might enjoy it B)

Just noticed a single new bar in course of construction in a row of shophouses (sorry, home-offices) on the Sea Shell Museum side of the road.

They've got the bar counter built, and in 2 corners are a couple of chrome poles!!

Would these be the row of four empty, but, stylish looking shophouses just north of the Shell Museum on the same side?

Yes .That's the ones.

TONIGHT 25 Nov ..... OPENING PARTY...JUNIORS......Charly Junior former owner of the FREEDOM BAR RAWAI has taken over the former ENIGMA BAR on the left side of the road going to the pier...hes revamped it and grand opening tonight 8 pm..livemusic,free food,fire eaters,everyone welcome..Folow the yellow,blue baloons..

HE ALSO TELLS ME HES STARTING HAPPY HOUR THERE,soon... DRAUGHT BEER STATING FROM 45 BHT :lol:

TONIGHT 25 Nov ..... OPENING PARTY...JUNIORS......Charly Junior former owner of the FREEDOM BAR RAWAI has taken over the former ENIGMA BAR on the left side of the road going to the pier...hes revamped it and grand opening tonight 8 pm..livemusic,free food,fire eaters,everyone welcome..Folow the yellow,blue baloons..

HE ALSO TELLS ME HES STARTING HAPPY HOUR THERE,soon... DRAUGHT BEER STATING FROM 45 BHT :lol:

Is this on the speedway (Vichit) road, or on the beach road between freedom and the pier?

Is this on the speedway (Vichit) road, or on the beach road between freedom and the pier?

its on VICHIT RD just passed Tamarin bar 100mtrs before the pier

Some Happy hour.Whoopee 45 bht for Tiger daft.A full 5 bht cheaper than most bars

Wonder if the plastic S.A.S brigade are going to be there.

Some Happy hour.Whoopee 45 bht for Tiger daft.A full 5 bht cheaper than most bars

My thoughts exactly. I don't know about some of you, but sometimes these are just the type of places which some people try to avoid. My opinion is that when going out on the town, one shouldn't have to limit themselves to drinking 45BHT draft, but hey if 45BHT draft is your thing then more power to you. I rather just stay home. I personally prefer a nice quality top shelf, but that's not to say occasionally I don't like to have a couple of beers myself from time to time. From my personal perspective selling cheap whisky or beer can sometimes attract some very unsavory characters. Not to mention they will drink more and get intoxicated a lot faster. This can lead to some problems, not just with staff, but with patrons as well. Also the profit margin on the barrel beer will almost be next to nothing. The owners most defiantly will need to offer something more to entice prospective customers to frequent their place, and make it successful. The 45 BHT beer is just not going to cut it.

I am really waiting to see the new GOGO open. I hope they do it well, and with a good selection of top shelf liquors "Grey Goose, Patron Silver, Old Raj, McAllester", and last but not least, some very hot looking ladies

Watch out Jeffrey GOGO coming soon to Rawai !

My thoughts exactly. I don't know about some of you, but sometimes these are just the type of places which some people try to avoid. My opinion is that when going out on the town, one shouldn't have to limit themselves to drinking 45BHT draft, but hey if 45BHT draft is your thing then more power to you. I rather just stay home. I personally prefer a nice quality top shelf, but that's not to say occasionally I don't like to have a couple of beers myself from time to time. From my personal perspective selling cheap whisky or beer can sometimes attract some very unsavory characters. Not to mention they will drink more and get intoxicated a lot faster. This can lead to some problems, not just with staff, but with patrons as well. Also the profit margin on the barrel beer will almost be next to nothing. The owners most defiantly will need to offer something more to entice prospective customers to frequent their place, and make it successful. The 45 BHT beer is just not going to cut it.

I am really waiting to see the new GOGO open. I hope they do it well, and with a good selection of top shelf liquors "Grey Goose, Patron Silver, Old Raj, McAllester", and last but not least, some very hot looking ladies

Watch out Jeffrey GOGO coming soon to Rawai !

Top shelf booze in Rawai?

Read the 50 baht beer thread as an indication of the clientel that the place can expect.

As for the girls, they we be all crooked toothed nings that don't make the grade in patong gogos.

I am awaiting a review soon.

Top shelf booze in Rawai?

Read the 50 baht beer thread as an indication of the clientel that the place can expect.

As for the girls, they we be all crooked toothed nings that don't make the grade in patong gogos.

I am awaiting a review soon.

Yes I'm waiting for the reviews as well . Let's hope for the best but expect the worst. If they owners can pull of the tea money on a monthy basis, I'm sure they should have enough cash for some top shelf, and enough cash to employ some nice ladies. Going rate in Patong is 9,000-12,000 per month. Special show girls 12,000- 15,000. Coyote girls in Phuket Town are at 12,000 as well. 18,000-22,000 will need to be guaranteed at this new gogo to get some stunners willing to work in Rawai.

You are right Katasyd, " the 50 baht beer thread as an indication of the clientel that the place can expect".

The owners already have their hands full, let's give them the benifit of the doubt. Sell 400 drafts a month they will have enough to pay1 girl's salary! Multiply that with the numbers of girls actually working? They most defiantly will have to sell some top shel if they plan to succeed.

I hope they can put on one hell of a show. We'll see what happens

I just last week heard about a gogo bar in Rawai, did not believe it either. But last night I stayed in Patong and got talking to the hotel manager. Apparently he knows the guy who owns the gogo place in Rawai , he used to have a private security contracting company and worked in Iraq up until about 5 years ago. Made a shit load of money and invested it in property, apparently he just sold a hotel on Soi Sansabai for over 100M, so from what this guy was telling me last night the gogo owner is definitely not doing it for money, and as crazy as it sounds, did this gogo place for himself because he wanted to sit in air conditioning and has no plans to open it full time, this is very disappointing. If this changes and he does open it I will be a very happy man, Mr Gogo owner if you read this please change your mind, I like air conditioning to.

I just last week heard about a gogo bar in Rawai, did not believe it either. But last night I stayed in Patong and got talking to the hotel manager. Apparently he knows the guy who owns the gogo place in Rawai , he used to have a private security contracting company and worked in Iraq up until about 5 years ago. Made a shit load of money and invested it in property, apparently he just sold a hotel on Soi Sansabai for over 100M, so from what this guy was telling me last night the gogo owner is definitely not doing it for money, and as crazy as it sounds, did this gogo place for himself because he wanted to sit in air conditioning and has no plans to open it full time, this is very disappointing. If this changes and he does open it I will be a very happy man, Mr Gogo owner if you read this please change your mind, I like air conditioning to.

100million baht and he buys himself a go go bar pffffffft! he does go go bars for the love of it? what a crock of <deleted>

Edited by snamos