Aftermarket Exhausts: Legal In Thailand?

thaidiver

Loud exhausts on street bikes, cars or trucks are RUDE, obnoxious and illegal. They are made for track use only.

They do very little to improve real world performance. You may think your bike is faster, but it's just noise.

After market sellers will tell you all kinds of B.S. to make a sale. Don't be fooled.

I wish all the police in Thailand would follow Pattaya Police Superintendent Nanthawut Suwanla-Ong and crack down on this problem.

Loud pipes save lives.

• Like 1

I have AM exhaust on my 1100 Honda and driving in Pattaya 7 years and never been mentioned, They are not excessively loud though, what is getting to be increasingly annoying is the sheer quantity of Thais (and some falangs) having their scooters modded to sound like a lawn mower, this city is bad enough without having thousands of scooters running around with no exhausts, god help anyone that lives near a busy road having to listen to the constant crappy very loud scooters

Loud exhausts on street bikes, cars or trucks are RUDE, obnoxious and illegal. They are made for track use only.

They do very little to improve real world performance. You may think your bike is faster, but it's just noise.

After market sellers will tell you all kinds of B.S. to make a sale. Don't be fooled.

I wish all the police in Thailand would follow Pattaya Police Superintendent Nanthawut Suwanla-Ong and crack down on this problem.

yelling (bold or all caps) on forums is rude too, but it doesn't seem to have thwarted you

Anyone know where I can get a legal TIS stamped slip on for a CBR250R, would be good if available in pattaya or if anyplace in Thailand that can post them to pattaya. Thanks.

Brian from Sumet may be able to sort you out. Or Google Tsukigi exhaust Thailand. Full exhaust about 8k baht.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

His 1st post on Thaivisa and this is it. lol. I wonder what woke him up this morning?

Maybe the same Harley that wakes me up at 3 AM every morning. sad.png

This subject can go on forever. Personally when riding loud pipes are safer. I can hear a bike coming to pass me from behind and they can hear me too. This alerts me to where or when i might be changing lanes or direction.

.....and they alert me when it's time to get up. tongue.png

• 5 months later...

ThaiDiver, if I was you I would put the original exhaust back on ASAP........the pattaya cops go wild when they see or hear the noisy aftermarket exhaust.

I got stopped 4 times in 5 days I think it was........you will have constant problems with it.

Be reasonable! they have probably cleaned up all crimes in the area and have nothing else to do. whistling.gif