Coke

lanny

My wife and I have looked at all the local stores for Coke Zero. No place seems to have any Coke products.

I had heard that Pepsi was flooded but nothing about Coke.

If anybody knows where I can buy Coke Zero, I sure would like to hear.

I'm a coke zero fan and sadly it looks like there is nothing left here in Pattaya at the moment. :(

Agreed. Regular Coke available all over the place in Pattaya, but Coke Zero is as rare as a freebie in an A-Go-Go bar.

Too bad as it is my favorite soda. Not sure I'm willing to go all the way to Saraburi to get it though.

Drinking This "Popular Poison" is Worse than Smoking

Watch what your putting into your body

"Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/21/soda-linked-to-health-problems.aspx?e_cid=20111121_DNL_art_1

Drinking This "Popular Poison" is Worse than Smoking <br><br>Watch what your putting into your body<br><br>"Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans." http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/21/soda-linked-to-health-problems.aspx?e_cid=20111121_DNL_art_1

Coke Zero does not contain sugar, Einstein. :rolleyes:

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Having the same problem. Ordinary coke is available everywhere but zero is much harder to find. I did manage to get half a dozen cans of zero at Max Value Supermarket on lower Onnut on Saturday, but prefer the 12 and 17 Baht bottles.

Some 390 people viewed this question as of this writing and then realized that it was the wrong coke you were asking about.

Here in Ratchaburi Big C, Testco and Tops have no coke zero at all. I have two 6 packs at home, any one interested I am waiting for the best offer.

Drinking This "Popular Poison" is Worse than Smoking <br><br>Watch what your putting into your body<br><br>"Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans." http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/21/soda-linked-to-health-problems.aspx?e_cid=20111121_DNL_art_1

58 mg of aspartame in Coke Zero per 240 ml

Sodium cyclamate, a relatively cheap artificial sweetener banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1969 as a carcinogen, has been used in the Coca-Cola Zero

The ingredients (as written in bold) are listed on Australian cans of Coke Zero. Water anyone?

Carbonated water

Colour (150d) - aka "Sulphite Ammonia Caramel"

Food acid 338 - aka "Phosphoric Acid" (Also used for rust removal!)

Food acid 331 - aka "Sodium Citrates" (Also used in photography and as an anticoagulant of blood stored for transfusion!)

Flavour

Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer." You might want to wait for the results before you drink it. Also, avoid this one if you're moody!)

Sweetener 950 - aka "Acesulfame Potassium" (Looking for reasons to avoid this sweetener? Look no further...)

Preservative 211 - aka "Sodium Benzoate" (Undiluted this stuff isn't too bad... Just don't let it touch your skin!)

Caffeine

Good luck with your Zero Coke, as I said drink water, much better for you, no Einstein brain needed to work that out

Drinking This "Popular Poison" is Worse than Smoking <br><br>Watch what your putting into your body<br><br>"Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans." http://articles.merc...11121_DNL_art_1

Sodium cyclamate, a relatively cheap artificial sweetener banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1969 as a carcinogen, has been used in the Coca-Cola Zero

The ingredients (as written in bold) are listed on Australian cans of Coke Zero. Water anyone?

Carbonated water

Food acid 331 - aka "Sodium Citrates" (Also used in photography and as an anticoagulant of blood stored for transfusion!)

Flavour

Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer." You might want to wait for the results before you drink it. Also, avoid this one if you're moody!)

Sweetener 950 - aka "Acesulfame Potassium" (Looking for reasons to avoid this sweetener? Look no further...)

Preservative 211 - aka "Sodium Benzoate" (Undiluted this stuff isn't too bad... Just don't let it touch your skin!)

Caffeine

Good luck with your Zero Coke, as I said drink water, much better for you, no Einstein brain needed to work that out

There is no water in the shops either :)

Right on, I started buying really big packs of diet soda when the water ran out. I know how unhealthy it is (as bartender100 noted) but at least it won't put you in hospital like unsanitary water. I live in the south of Bangkok (srinakarin road) where there has been no flooding at all and still the supermarkets are out of bottled water. Most 7/11 have some Cola but some are out.

Cola is my weakness, I'm afraid, I hate and never drink alcohol, tea orcoffee, so soft drinks, water, milk and fruit juices are the only things I enjoy drinking. I know cola is bad but it's my favorite drink and I don't know why it's so much 'better' than water? If anyone has any tips on quitting, please let me know. It's just inescapably, everywhere you go, every restaurant, cafe, shopping mall. I try to buy diet to avoid the sugar but I acknowledge what bartender100 says that it's full of really unhealthy things.

Carbonated water

Flavour

Caffeine

Forget Coke. Forget water. Drink your own piss. SMASH THE SYSTEM!

Edited by mca

Drinking This "Popular Poison" is Worse than Smoking

Watch what your putting into your body

"Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans"

http://articles.merc...11121_DNL_art_1

Are you finished now? wink.gif

Drinking This "Popular Poison" is Worse than Smoking <br><br>Watch what your putting into your body<br><br>"Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans." http://articles.merc...11121_DNL_art_1

Carbonated water

Flavour

Caffeine

There is always one party pooper...:whistling: .....tin foil hat anyone ?

Unless you are drinking a litre or more of Zero a day, I doubt you have much to worry about. If you are living in Bangkok, you are probably more likely to die of lung cancer from the pollution than any of those cancers purportedly caused by soft drink ingredients.

Do you drink tea or coffee? Not good. Alcohol, worse. Can't eat this, can't eat that, can't drink this, can't drink that. Why not just roll over and give up?

You can even break down just about any naturally occuring foodstuff and you will find something or other that is supposedly bad for you. Hell, both tomatoes and potatoes are members of the nightshade family and contain nasties. Strawberries, be careful with them too.

When I decided that I would have to go over to sugar free carbonated beverages, I tried both Pepsi Max and Coke Zero. For some reason the former leaves a nasty taste in my mouth so I stuck with the latter. However, I know a few people who swear Max is the better tasting beverage.