Where Is It Flooding Right Now?

cdnvic

Kickstart, sorry, I can't help you with info on soi Annex or Garden home.

I live not far away, on the other side of Pahonyothin rd, at soi 71. We returned home yesterday after evacuating around four weeks ago. Traffic was U turning at Saphan Mai. only army trucks from thereon. Our home still has 40-50cm's of water, 60-70cm's in Pahonyothin rd. The water does appear to be going down, but it's very slow. My wife had returned to the house a week ago, and it's only gone down about 10cm since then.

I'm supposed to start work again on the 6th Dec, at Lam Luk Ka, Klong 8. Not sure how I'm going to get there yet.

This has gone on too long now, someone needs to pull their finger out and get things sorted. The people in this area feel forgotten.

Agree with you on that forgotten part Jaiyen, at least here in Don Muang the water has now gone down to about 3 inches in the soi but up until last Thursday it was about 18 inches. As soon at the 'threat' to inner Bangkok receded those outside of that area have been treated as second class citizens.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1322631189[/url]' post='4881314']

Still over 1.5 meters at my house in Muang Ake according to my neighbor who just visited. Down from about 2.8 meters at the peak. It's going to be a long, long time before this is over for some of us. Glad to hear that there are at least some of you able to return. I will still be a flood refugee over the New Year, and an extremely pissed off one at that. I can't wait to sue the bastards who did this.

Sue them good gregb. Our landlord lives in Muang Ake and she will be paying to repair our house in Laksi before she can even return home, poor woman. Here in the Tung Song Hong area off Chaengwattana Soi 14 it is finally drying in places, we are able to start cleaning the house. Chaengwattana Soi 14 is still high, modified pickups are making the trip now along with the army trucks.

I have not been in Thailand for several months now, although I keep a small apt. about 200 metres west of Charoen Krung Rd. , next to a klong, directly opposite from Wat Yannawa, (about three minutes walk south from Sapan Takin skytrain station). You actually have to walk down from Charoen Krung street level to get to the pathway, along the klong, which leads to my apartment building. I've been following the flood information here on Thaivisa religiously and have seen a photo of people

swimming around the Sapan Taksin station but have not been able to find anything else regarding my area. I will arrive in about one month, at 01:30 in the morning, after a 29 hr. journey and that would be a really bad time to be confronted with a soggy, moldy mess!

Can anyone tell me if the flood waters actually made it through Wat Yannawa and over the top of Charoen Krung Rd. at any point? Any information on this matter will be most appreciated!

Certainly some water overflow did occur near the edges of the river at high tides but the water I saw was being sucked straight into the drainage system. I doubt if any significant water made it across Charoen Krung road (in the Saphan Taksin area).

By the way, the photo you saw is probably the one published by BP showing adults 'swimming' near the Sapan Taksin BTS station. The truth of the situation was that they were lying in about 12 inches of water. See the kiddies paddling pool about 3 weeks ago at the height of the high-tide warnings.

post-32140-0-21400100-1322806671_thumb.j

well after 6 weeks I was finally able to get back to our house of Dechatungha, Don Muang. Our little soi now is almost clear of water as they are pumping out our Moo Baan but Dechatungha is still up to 15 cm in places coming in from the West. From the Don Muang police station end It is still quite deep to risk my car but hat may be due to the fact that Vibahavadee-Rangsit still has alot of water at the airport area.

Now for the clean up as like many others my ground floor is totally wrecked and resembles more of a river bed than a house. Good luck to those still waiting to get back home

Edited by whatawonderfulday

anyone know what the mall bang khae is like?

There is a little water infront but the mall is supposed to open for business tomorrow and should be able to do so. Parking will be a problem until all the residents cars are moved. route 9, pekasem and sai 2 are all dry but bang weark and all the sois off sai 2 are wet but passable by pickup.

All of Phetkasem from the Nr.9 to Nakhon Pathom is dry? That would be good news, saves an hour driving to Ban Pong...

Can someone update on the road to Nakhon Pathon...we want to use

Past Ngam Wong Wan Mall

Left onto Twanon Road (306)

Over Rama V Bridge (3344)

Then down Route 9 Ratchapruk Rd

Then Right onto 338

Then Route 4 to Nakhon Pathon

Thanks

Edited by JAS21

I have not been in Thailand for several months now, although I keep a small apt. about 200 metres west of Charoen Krung Rd. , next to a klong, directly opposite from Wat Yannawa, (about three minutes walk south from Sapan Takin skytrain station). You actually have to walk down from Charoen Krung street level to get to the pathway, along the klong, which leads to my apartment building. I've been following the flood information here on Thaivisa religiously and have seen a photo of people

swimming around the Sapan Taksin station but have not been able to find anything else regarding my area. I will arrive in about one month, at 01:30 in the morning, after a 29 hr. journey and that would be a really bad time to be confronted with a soggy, moldy mess!

Can anyone tell me if the flood waters actually made it through Wat Yannawa and over the top of Charoen Krung Rd. at any point? Any information on this matter will be most appreciated!

There is a good chance that your house was not affected. However, after 29 hours of flight, you may want to get to a hotel first to be on the safe side, and survey the next day. Or even check your house (in the middle of the night?) if you cannot sleep, but after checking in at the hotel.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to take the risk (however slight) of suddenly having to find a hotel at that time of night with all the baggage.

The water has receded on Ratchaphruek road completely. But it is dirty with a lot of rubbish on the sides, especially in the North, just drive carefully. 345 road is passable as well now but precautions should be taken because of the dirt or wet areas on the road. The aftermath is terrifying. The water has done a lot of damage and it will take a full year for things to become normal. The extent of flood was unbelievable this year. I really hope it won't happen again soon.

Edited by Thunder26

There is a good chance that your house was not affected. However, after 29 hours of flight, you may want to get to a hotel first to be on the safe side, and survey the next day. Or even check your house (in the middle of the night?) if you cannot sleep, but after checking in at the hotel.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to take the risk (however slight) of suddenly having to find a hotel at that time of night with all the baggage.

There was a wee bit of flooding there...like a month ago. so, unless your apt is on the 1st floor AND your building got flooded over a meter I wouldn't worry.

A good clue that your area didn't flood is the fact that you didn't read anything about it on this most excellently informative blog.

The Thai's have cleaned up in a matter of a few days of the water receding in any given area. As you're not due to arrive for another 90days, there's still time for your place to get flooded and then get thoroughly cleaned up 3 times over!

The water has receded on Ratchaphruek road completely. But it is dirty with a lot of rubbish on the sides, especially in the North, just drive carefully. 345 road is passable as well now but precautions should be taken because of the dirt or wet areas on the road. The aftermath is terrifying. The water has done a lot of damage and it will take a full year for things to become normal. The extent of flood was unbelievable this year. I really hope it won't happen again soon.

Thanks … sorry I made a little mistake with the road name … we are going to Nakhon Pathon...we want to use

Past Ngam Wong Wan Mall

Over Rama V Bridge (3344) and straight on as far as Route 9

Then down Route 9 Kanchanaphisek Rd

Then Right onto 338 through (Sala Thammasop) etc SO IS ALL OF THIS ROAD DRY please? Phutthamton 5 was wet last time I heard.

Then pick up Route 4 to Nakhon Pathon

So that route is now dry and usable? We intend making an early start!

Thanks

Edited by JAS21

… we are going to Nakhon Pathon...we want to use

Past Ngam Wong Wan Mall

Over Rama V Bridge (3344) and straight on as far as Route 9

Then down Route 9 Kanchanaphisek Rd

Then Right onto 338 through (Sala Thammasop) etc SO IS ALL OF THIS ROAD DRY please? Phutthamton 5 was wet last time I heard.

Then pick up Route 4 to Nakhon Pathon

So that route is now dry and usable? We intend making an early start!

Thanks

As of Sunday, 338 is still badly flooded after Sai 3. Phuttamonthon Sai 4 itself is dry but 338 at that point still very flooded, also some of the side sois, ditto Sai 5.

Petkasem is mostly dry, as of the weekend still some waterwhere it meets Sai 4 (and probably 5 but my info doesn't go past the petkasem/Sai 4 junction) but passable if the car is high enough.

If you are going into the Nakhon Pathom Ampur, only info I have is that the immigration office is still inaccessible (people are being told to go to Suan Phlu).

If you can't postpone your trip and if it is feasible you might think about taking public transport or taxi and then switching to army truck to get through the flooded spots, they are ferrying people from 338 Sai 3 westward.

I still have about 50cm of water in my house and about 1m in the village where I live ..Garden home village phahonyotin 60 . and it has been like this for the last 6 weeks ............ if anyone want pictures I took some yesterday ..:annoyed: as I head many time its all over ..Hell NO its not over yet ...

On the news thread for Tuesday, a big clean up at future and major rangsit.. i think phaholyothin is dry all the way up to rangsit, good news.

Where did you get that information ? phahonyotin is still under water , I took a long tail boat from ZEER to my house on soi 60 .... all by long tail boat .... so its NOT DRY AT ALL ..

I pass Wat Yannawa and Shrewsbury often. Very very dry. Don't worry.

In last month, cccasional ultra small wet patch (less than 5cm high) in some odd corners, during EXTREME high tide only.

And best of all, it is all over now. Everything is back to normal already.

As of Sunday, 338 is still badly flooded after Sai 3. Phuttamonthon Sai 4 itself is dry but 338 at that point still very flooded, also some of the side sois, ditto Sai 5.

Petkasem is mostly dry, as of the weekend still some waterwhere it meets Sai 4 (and probably 5 but my info doesn't go past the petkasem/Sai 4 junction) but passable if the car is high enough.

If you are going into the Nakhon Pathom Ampur, only info I have is that the immigration office is still inaccessible (people are being told to go to Suan Phlu).

If you can't postpone your trip and if it is feasible you might think about taking public transport or taxi and then switching to army truck to get through the flooded spots, they are ferrying people from 338 Sai 3 westward.

[/quote

Sheryl thanks for that update. Actually we will be going to Kanchanaburi and was hoping not to have to go through Samut Songkhram and use the 325 again as we did last week. Maybe not going until next Sunday or Monday but it doesn't sound too hopeful that much will have changed by then.

Feel very sorry for those who live in that area ... thanks John

[/quote

Sheryl thanks for that update. Actually we will be going to Kanchanaburi and was hoping not to have to go through Samut Songkhram and use the 325 again as we did last week. Maybe not going until next Sunday or Monday but it doesn't sound too hopeful that much will have changed by then.

Feel very sorry for those who live in that area ... thanks John

We did the Nr.9/Nr.35 (Rama II)/325 and back again on Sunday. Saw 2 accidents. One nasty one on the 325, and one pile up on Rama II.

Phetkasem still not dry/passable according to sister in law.

Just an update:

After more than 1 week of pumping, according to my neighbor water levels at Rangsit University and Muang Ake Market are about 80 cm. This is down about 15 - 20 cm from when they started, which is better than a kick in the face, but not by much. Floods at phase 2 and phase 8 of the housing estate are about 1 meter. Phase 5 is still around 1.2 meters. No data on phases 3 or 6.

Nobody believes that this area will be dry by the New Year. There is still a huge mass of water sitting North of Bangkok that is being diverted from its natural course. Many areas of Greater Bangkok will still be underwater into January.

Phetkasem is dry from Sai 6 onwards outbound from Bangkok .

Can anyone tell me if the stretch between Sai 6 and Kanchanapisek (Route 9) is driveable?

If it is I can go that way and then round Kanchanapisek to Rama II to get into Bangkok.

Phetkasem is dry from Sai 6 onwards outbound from Bangkok .

Can anyone tell me if the stretch between Sai 6 and Kanchanapisek (Route 9) is driveable?

If it is I can go that way and then round Kanchanapisek to Rama II to get into Bangkok.

Apparently the part between Sai 3 and Sai 4 is still flooded. How deep I am not sure, but something like 10-30cm last time I saw numbers.

I still have about 50cm of water in my house and about 1m in the village where I live ..Garden home village phahonyotin 60 . and it has been like this for the last 6 weeks ............ if anyone want pictures I took some yesterday ..:annoyed: as I head many time its all over ..Hell NO its not over yet ...

I also live in Garden Home. Went in yesterday to assess the damage. Stilll a meter of water in the street. Paholyothin still a river.

Houae and cars basically a write off now.

Thank you FROC and Yingluck government for flooding my house. You sacrificed us to save your big buck cronies downtown. The incompetance and mismanagement is staggering.

Flooding over my ass. Still no accurate information from this bunch.

Anyone has updates on Bangkhen circle to Big C Saphan Mai? I really want to go home at first chance without the wetness.

passed by there sun 4/12-so thats already a few days ago. Buses to Spn Mai had just restrated running and the buslady told me the floods there were gone- again-I see that yesterday they even went further on. At 4/12 the UNDERpass was closed off-not in water, but with lots of dirt and rubbish, hence long jams, the overpass is in use there now, but not all the ramps (runs R.Indira-Ch.Wattana).

The North-west part of the oval was still flooded, but BMA was pumping. Still isolated puddles and lots of slippery remains (I walked part of the way) on road and footpath. Pools and puddles remain north of the market SpnMai-and my friend, who lives in SaiMai=some 2-3 kms east of SpnMai, is still in now kneedeep water, but was op till 2nd (1st) floor in worst of times.