Tourist Visa Is Racketing People Money

Rubbish

Need Malaysia Visa for Entry

• The citizens of Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Angola, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Republic, Cote D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea Republic, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Western Sahara, Taiwan, Laisser Passer holders, Certificate of Identity Holders and Titre De Voyage must obtain a Malaysia visa before entry to Malaysia.

:whistling:

Thais need a schengen visa to enter Switzerland, current cost 2600 baht. How much was your visa to Thailand? Why do you think you shouldn't need a visa, the last time that I checked Thailand is not a member of the EU.

Edited by wayned

Some countries get 90 day visa exempt stamp on arrival like Brazil, Peru, Chile and South Korea.

This is because Thai citizen get the same 90 day visa exempt entries in these countries.

Istead of complaining about Thai visa rules, lobby your government to let Thai enter your county visa free and you'll get the same entering Thailand.

Why does a thai need a visa for our countries?

For starters.....

My thai wife got a schengen visa without convenience fee. The visa allows her to stay for ever, even if i die or if we divorse.

She also got an automatic permission to work - not a work permit, no, a permit is something you need to apply for, permission is automatic.

My wife is covered by our national health insurance, even while staying in Thailand.

If she has no income, my government will pay her 700 euro a month.

My wife will get citizenship.

I consider all this to be normal, after all, she is married to a citizen of my country.

Now.

I do visa runs, get robbed at the border, could of course put 400.000 in a thai bank, and next leave the country if my wife dies, or if we divorse.

The thai embassy charged a convenience fee of 50% of the price of the free tourist visa.

I paid 5.000 for a non o.

And to answer your question about why needing a visa.

If 100 europeans enter thailand without too much checking, probably 1 or 2 will stay illegally.

If 100 thai enter europe without checking, probably ................. you finnish this sentence!

It is the cost of visiting Thailand why complain? The government pays a lot of people with that money you think embassies are free? Thailand is pretty easy to get into for a 6 month stay plus I will have almost 600 days in country by the time my current stamp runs out. I think it is a fair price to pay I like Thailand. Try going to America as anyone but a European if you want to complain about needless complications. Like the poster said above if you do not like it don't visit Thailand. It is also not the governments fault if you get robbed at the border.

Most of you are wrong.Eu give 6 months, and you can go anywhere you want.

Thailand give 2 months only.3 times less and now want 2 ways flight ticket, hotel booking, WHAT NEXT?

I call this racketing. And what about Malaysia? Why no visa for European and us citizen? Answer from Malaysia embassy: we don't need to racket tourists.

Edited by swisstouristpattaya

Been to Malaysia embassy in bkk, told me no visa for you.

Why?i can not get tourist visa.

No sir, you can go as .you want for 3 months entry, this is not Thailand.we are not crook, good bye!

Does that mean you wouldn't pay for a visa to Cambodia or Laos too? Maybe Malaysia is good place for you.

Malaysia is great if you from the right country, no fee small stamps so as not to fill passports, Thailand is not so bad. Cambodia 1400 baht and i dont even enter the country. visa stamp says $20, but they wont accept anything but 1000 baht. now thats racketeering. hopefully the extra finds its way to the poor there but i doubt it. Generally i think Thailand is fair.

Edited by marstons

No sir, you can go as .you want for 3 months entry, this is not Thailand.we are not crook, good bye!

You get 90 day visa on arrival in Malaysia.

And your point about EU, Thai people have to supply plane tickets and confirmation of hotels or letters of invitation which have

to be certified before they can be used in an application for a Schengen Visa.

Also some facts about Malaysian Visas:

Malaysia My Second Home

This program is promoted to foreigners that meet a particular set of criteria, often for a period of ten years and renewable. This allows foreigners to bring their spouse, parents and children.

This permit is issued to foreigners looking for a long term social visit in Malaysia. Duration of stay is anywhere between 5 and 10 years with a multiple entry visa. However, foreigners are not allowed to work in the country.

All professional employment permits and passes should be applied for and related to local legal entities in Malaysia. These include:

• Private limited company

• Representative office

• Regional office

Private Limited Company

The company is required to have at least two resident directors with a completely paid minimum capital of RM250,000. Additional requirements may be given such as specific licenses, additional fully paid capital, and a minimum Malaysian or Bumiputera equity depending on the number of employment passes needed and the activities of the company.

Edited by beano2274

You get 90 day visa on arrival in Malaysia.

And your point about EU, Thai people have to supply plane tickets and confirmation of hotels or letters of invitation which have

to be certified before they can be used in an application for a Schengen Visa.

Also some facts about Malaysian Visas:

Malaysia My Second Home

This program is promoted to foreigners that meet a particular set of criteria, often for a period of ten years and renewable. This allows foreigners to bring their spouse, parents and children.

This permit is issued to foreigners looking for a long term social visit in Malaysia. Duration of stay is anywhere between 5 and 10 years with a multiple entry visa. However, foreigners are not allowed to work in the country.

All professional employment permits and passes should be applied for and related to local legal entities in Malaysia. These include:

• Private limited company

• Representative office

• Regional office

Private Limited Company

The company is required to have at least two resident directors with a completely paid minimum capital of RM250,000. Additional requirements may be given such as specific licenses, additional fully paid capital, and a minimum Malaysian or Bumiputera equity depending on the number of employment passes needed and the activities of the company.

The fact that appears to be missing in this post related to the "my second home program" is the chunk of cash you need to be granted the visa's....I suspect the vast majority of OAP's in Thailand couldnt afford the amount of money required to be granted this...;)

<br />It is the cost of visiting Thailand why complain? The government pays a lot of people with that money you think embassies are free? Thailand is pretty easy to get into for a 6 month stay plus I will have almost 600 days in country by the time my current stamp runs out. I think it is a fair price to pay I like Thailand. Try going to America as anyone but a European if you want to complain about needless complications. Like the poster said above if you do not like it don't visit Thailand. It is also not the governments fault if you get robbed at the border.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You did not get it, did you?

Each time i do a visa run, i get robbed at the border.

By government employees.

Of course, i must admit, i have a choice.

Get robbed by cambodian officials, or get robbed by a thai tout that operates in the queu, right under the eyes of thai immigration.

And guess what, both extortions cost the same price, about double the official cambodia visa fee.

A cartel.