A re-entry permit, if that is what you are asking, is obtained from Immigration for 1,000 baht single or 3,800 baht multi and allows exit/return to current permitted to stay date. Normally used by those on extensions of stay so that the extension is not lost.

What Lop said ^^^.

You can get the permit at your local Immigration office or, subject to business hours, at Suvarnabhumi airport when exiting the country.

Not true. You can get a re-entry permit as long as you have a valid visa.

What Lop said ^^^.

You can get the permit at your local Immigration office or, subject to business hours, at Suvarnabhumi airport when exiting the country.

Not true. You can get a re-entry permit as long as you have a valid visa.

Which is what Crossy said. :huh:

...You can get a re-entry permit as long as you have a valid visa.

You can get a re-entry permit even if your visa has expired but you permission to stay is sitll valid. For the difference between visa and permission to stay, see here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html

Interesting note, I went to Sakhon Nakhon Immigration yesterday to buy a re-entry permit. I have moved from Roi Et, Amnat Charoen immigration to Kalasin, Sakhon Nakhon Immigration.

Everything was completed in 15 minutes When I asked for the mailing address, for 90 day mail in reports (my girlfriend pulled out my W.P. which I had previously told her had nothing to do with me getting a re-entry.)

I changed jobs and province with the same visa but cancelled old W.P and got new one.

WP issued in Kalasin recently for new job, expiring March 31 same as visa.The immigration officer, reopended my passport to the page where I had the extension from Amnat Charoen good till March 31 2012.. He tries to tell my girlfriend that my visa is not good that it should have been cancelled when my W.P was cancelled in Roi Et.

Then he gives me a paper to send ot take to Amnat Charoen "Acknowledgement of the conditions for permitted continuation of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand" The he gives me the mailing address.

So if he gives me a re-entry permit valid until March 31 2012, obviously my visa is good. I think that he is a little confused. I don't take any of it too seriously.

What was he trying to tell my girlfriend.? she speaks both Thai and English.

Interesting note, I went to Sakhon Nakhon Immigration yesterday to buy a re-entry permit. I have moved from Roi Et, Amnat Charoen immigration to Kalasin, Sakhon Nakhon Immigration.

Everything was completed in 15 minutes When I asked for the mailing address, for 90 day mail in reports (my girlfriend pulled out my W.P. which I had previously told her had nothing to do with me getting a re-entry.)

I changed jobs and province with the same visa but cancelled old W.P and got new one.

WP issued in Kalasin recently for new job, expiring March 31 same as visa.The immigration officer, reopended my passport to the page where I had the extension from Amnat Charoen good till March 31 2012.. He tries to tell my girlfriend that my visa is not good that it should have been cancelled when my W.P was cancelled in Roi Et.

Then he gives me a paper to send ot take to Amnat Charoen "Acknowledgement of the conditions for permitted continuation of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand" The he gives me the mailing address.

So if he gives me a re-entry permit valid until March 31 2012, obviously my visa is good. I think that he is a little confused. I don't take any of it too seriously.

What was he trying to tell my girlfriend.? she speaks both Thai and English.

Perhaps his point was, that if you were granted a one year extension of stay on the first job, your permission to stay may have ceased when your employment ended. Are you here on a visa entry or extension of stay?

Edited by beechguy

If you had an extension of stay based on work it ended the day the work ended and any stay since then is overstay. Is your extension based on work? If that was the case the extension ended the day the work ended and you were required to report to immigration then to cancel your extension of stay. A new entry and extension of stay would then be required for your new employment.

But if your extension is based on Thai wife no problem.