Renewal Of Thai Passports

RasiMike

Has anybody's partner and/or children recently renewed their Thai passports in Ubon? My family are renewing theirs next month and I am wondering what documentation is required when we turn up? Experience has taught us to take everything to avoid dramas.

Any recent experiences that my be relevent?

Thanks

Mike

You could have your Thai partner call them and ask what they need to avoid any "dramas". :)

Or look on the web site its in both English and Thai

Or look on TV...there is a thread here with a comprehensive list of what is needed for a Thai PP application.

Unless the OP is fluent both written/spoken in Thai cant see what he would be adding to mix, his family is Thai, let them deal with Thai officaldom

OP when you renew your own passport do you need your Thai family to contact your countries admistration to find out what documents you need to renew your PP ?

Rather bizarre post IMHO

That sounds right to me.

All the other documents will have been scanned into the computer on previous applications.

Not even a photo is needed as that is taken at the office, again, straight on to the computer.

When I posted this one the other day I had tried to access the consulate details but the English language link was down so I couldn't find out anything. I'm not a fluent Thai reader and due to her schooling, neither is my wife, so I thought I might ask some one that has had some recent experience at Ubon. The person that my wife spoke to there gave her a long list of documents required (tabian baan, birth certs, etc ) and I thought the info was incorrect given it was just renewals. We normally do this sort of thing together as our kids are young and we both think of our little unit as a family.

It's been a five years since we've gone through the motions so we couldn't recall the documents required. It has been my experience that different Thai government offices do things differently and we haven't renewed at Ubon before. I'm suprised some people haven't experienced any problems like this before when dealing with government offices?

Thanks joy16 for the short and sweet answer