Hooking Up With Some Intelligent Guys

Jotun

I am extremely intelligent but living in Chiang Mai.

Me too, I never associate with those stupid inferior tourists. They're not worthy as far as I'm concerned and as for those Chiang Mai expats, the less said about them the better.

But I'm anybodies if the price is right.

It's always dangerous to proclaim that you're extremely intelligent, especially when that type of statement is closely followed by a high school level language mistake like using the word "anybodies" when it should be "anybody's".

LOL - I'm not trying to be insulting but just could help to chuckle when I saw what you did.

I'm not trying to be insulting but just could help to chuckle when I saw what you did.

EQUALS

I'm not trying to be insulting but I just couldn't help chuckling when I saw what you did.

As you rightly say, it's best not to talk too much about your intelligence as more LWP::UserAgent; often than not $ua=new LWP::UserAgent; my $response=$i; you may make a complete and utter $ua->post('http://www.example.com'); fool ["hfc[pos]" => 'yayaya']); of yourself and end up $content=$response->content; z-index:10; post(): $ua->post( $url, $field_name => $value); opacity: .99; feeling $ua->request($request, $arg [$i, $size]); a bit of a jerk.

I don't really understand your post, but the fact that an infinitive form of a verb (to + verb) or the gerund form (verb+ing) can follow the verb HELP is true, and I see you've acknowledged that they're EQUAL (sic). Good for you.

It's also good that you agree that anybody proclaiming extreme intelligence (especially when it's followed by a basic grammar mistake) is taking the chance of making a jerk of themselves is also true. Fortunately, I've never been foolish enough to make such a claim, so I don't really understand the point of your post. Come to think of it, I find many of the posts to be rambling and semi-coherent here and often without a point to them, so I appreciate how you've indirectly reminded me not to waste my time in this forum. Thanks, and have a nice day.

Edited by Wavefloater

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely intelligent but living in Chiang Mai.

Me too, I never associate with those stupid inferior tourists. They're not worthy as far as I'm concerned and as for those Chiang Mai expats, the less said about them the better.

But I'm anybodies if the price is right.

It's always dangerous to proclaim that you're extremely intelligent, especially when that type of statement is closely followed by a high school level language mistake like using the word "anybodies" when it should be "anybody's".

LOL - I'm not trying to be insulting but just could help to chuckle when I saw what you did.

I'm not trying to be insulting but just could help to chuckle when I saw what you did.

EQUALS

I'm not trying to be insulting but I just couldn't help chuckling when I saw what you did.

As you rightly say, it's best not to talk too much about your intelligence as more LWP::UserAgent; often than not $ua=new LWP::UserAgent; my $response=$i; you may make a complete and utter $ua->post('http://www.example.com'); fool ["hfc[pos]" => 'yayaya']); of yourself and end up $content=$response->content; z-index:10; post(): $ua->post( $url, $field_name => $value); opacity: .99; feeling $ua->request($request, $arg [$i, $size]); a bit of a jerk.

I don't really understand your post, but the fact that an infinitive form of a verb (to + verb) or the gerund form (verb+ing) can follow the verb HELP is true, and I see you've acknowledged that they're EQUAL (sic). Good for you.

It's also good that you agree that anybody proclaiming extreme intelligence (especially when it's followed by a basic grammar mistake) is taking the chance of making a jerk of themselves is also true. Fortunately, I've never been foolish enough to make such a claim, so I don't really understand the point of your post. Come to think of it, I find many of the posts to be rambling and semi-coherent here and often without a point to them, so I appreciate how you've indirectly reminded me not to waste my time in this forum. Thanks, and have a nice day.

I was being ironic.

1. I'm not trying to be insulting but just could help to chuckle when I saw what you did.

2. I'm not trying to be insulting but I just couldn't help chuckling when I saw what you did.

One is grammatically incorrect and does not convey your meaning; the other IS grammatically correct and DOES convey your meaning.

I don't feel the combatants were out on the piss at all. Indeed they found the time to curl their moustaches and don their boots before jousting on this most intelligent thread. Much more fun than the glee club events we so often witness.

Imagine the chaos if they had been drinking....jings!

If only intelligent people got together in one place, that would be strange. There would be no arguments, since everybody would be right about all they speak. There would be no politicians there. No religious/superstitious people. No fat persons, all being smart enough to eat smart food. Blonde females? Oh, Asia, nope, none of them. What other groups wouldn't be there?

If only intelligent people got together in one place, that would be strange. There would be no arguments, since everybody would be right about all they speak. There would be no politicians there. No religious/superstitious people. No fat persons, all being smart enough to eat smart food. Blonde females? Oh, Asia, nope, none of them. What other groups wouldn't be there?

It doesn't sound much fun. Thai women know all about peroxide mate...you just need to readjust a little. biggrin.gif

Are you saying that intelligent people are not as daft as the rest of us?

He's looking in the wrong place coming to TV, then...

SC

I think it was a typo, anyway, and he was looking for other MI5 / CIA types

"...hooking up with some intelligence guys"

Plenty of them here.

My mate from the Crack Commando Catering Corp is back on undercover duty overseas, apparently.

How is that for a snide remark? As you said before: "These type of snide and immature remarks are the biggest reason I rarely post anything here" :whistling:

arE am liking it cuz gud plaice ta lern enlush' sooo mani gud teechur aroun tuh kerect ur miss-steaks_ dun eefin hasta goe tuh skool ¿ :crazy:

How is that for a snide remark? As you said before: "These type of snide and immature remarks are the biggest reason I rarely post anything here" :whistling:

arE am liking it cuz gud plaice ta lern enlush' sooo mani gud teechur aroun tuh kerect ur miss-steaks_ dun eefin hasta goe tuh skool ¿ :crazy:

I have a good mate from Scotland. :lol:

I have a good mate from Scotland. :lol:

Naebau'ermate,ken?

I guess the OP has given up his quest for intelligent life. It turns out he is alone in the universe....

SC

Naebau'ermate,ken?

I guess the OP has given up his quest for intelligent life. It turns out he is alone in the universe....

SC

Actually he's not alone, just hasn't found the right secret society yet. Knights Templar, Freemasonry, Illuminati etc. are all groups of highly intelligent humans who were forced to keep their intelligence a secret from the humans ordinaire. Or "The Herd". The Herd, acting as all herds do, get unsettled when they find someone different in their midst. Different in any way, good OR bad. Herds will try to eliminate anything they see as different, and as stupid as the herd is, anything intelligent is very different from the Herd. So the evolved Humans created secret societies where they could meet and let their guard down and stop acting stupid, as they have to do in public for fear of being identified by a lowly Herd member.

Naebau'ermate,ken?

SC

Actually he's not alone, just hasn't found the right secret society yet. Knights Templar, Freemasonry, Illuminati etc. are all groups of highly intelligent humans who were forced to keep their intelligence a secret from the humans ordinaire. Or "The Herd". The Herd, acting as all herds do, get unsettled when they find someone different in their midst. Different in any way, good OR bad. Herds will try to eliminate anything they see as different, and as stupid as the herd is, anything intelligent is very different from the Herd. So the evolved Humans created secret societies where they could meet and let their guard down and stop acting stupid, as they have to do in public for fear of being identified by a lowly Herd member.

So since he's not been back on the thread, do you think he's now a paid-up member of the Tufty Club?

Perhaps those of us in the Herd should be more vigilant lest intelligence erupt in our midst; our ignorance, foolishness and daft stupidness could, in a moment, be swamped in erudition, wit and common sense. Then where would we be? We should have a "Name and Shame" thread where members suspected of intelligence could be identified and barracked off the forum...

SC

Naebau'ermate,ken?

SC

So since he's not been back on the thread, do you think he's now a paid-up member of the Tufty Club?

Perhaps those of us in the Herd should be more vigilant lest intelligence erupt in our midst; our ignorance, foolishness and daft stupidness could, in a moment, be swamped in erudition, wit and common sense. Then where would we be? We should have a "Name and Shame" thread where members suspected of intelligence could be identified and barracked off the forum...

SC

Probably, now a member and sworn to silence. No, of course not, we of the Herd need to accept these FEW and very far between intelligenti because they can help us to become better Herd. We can use them for their intelligence and put them in cages and hook them up to cables and boost our computers speed. Maybe they will even speed up our internet connections! As intelligenti have connections to the universal "Web". Do not shun that which can help you. I wish one of them would appear in my computer, that would take care of my slow processor speed. :-)

Naebau'ermate,ken?

SC

SC

Probably, now a member and sworn to silence. No, of course not, we of the Herd need to accept these FEW and very far between intelligenti because they can help us to become better Herd. We can use them for their intelligence and put them in cages and hook them up to cables and boost our computers speed. Maybe they will even speed up our internet connections! As intelligenti have connections to the universal "Web". Do not shun that which can help you. I wish one of them would appear in my computer, that would take care of my slow processor speed. :-)

or we could poke them with sticks

Poking them with pointy dictionaries would be more fun. Take dictionary, put in pencil sharpener, sharpen, poke.

We could bait them with foolish assertions, or bizarrely contradictory prejudices...

Or taunt them with malapropic verbiage

SC

Poking them with pointy dictionaries would be more fun. Take dictionary, put in pencil sharpener, sharpen, poke.

We could bait them with foolish assertions, or bizarrely contradictory prejudices...

SC

Perhaps if I'd provided a map with clearer directions....

Certainly a tough crowd:) And some interesting comments, of course in addition to almost all of you pointing out that you are intelligent. Clearly it was a wrong approach with the the intelligence thing, as it has triggered all your insecurities. Im alienating myself. Sorry for that. Let me start over. Please, dont worry, im not abnormally intelligent, probably just about average (but as far as I can see, not among BKK-tourists). Guess the "Hope i don´t sound arrogant, but I´m sure you know what I mean" did´nt work out":), (OK, maybe i deserved it) Warp Speed: Are Norwegians known to be cheap? Sound like you have som interesting stories? Please share! Hooters: I did the Tuk-tuk and the watch-thing. The indians didnt manage to <Snip!> me over because they dont respect personal space. Turns me off. But I DID get a bunch of suits at one occasion:) Does that count? Or have i forever <Snip!> up my plan to live cheap off BKK expats this time around? Street Cowboy: Seems like you and your squire, "Smokie" are eligble candidates. Can you please give me a quick resumé of your recent accomplishments, and if you have done a test, your IQ-score? Everything above 110 will do, and no, it is not OK adding points with Smokie. Thats cheating.

Benny:)

SC + Smokie = nope, still doesn't make the 110 qualifying grade :D

My IQ is 181, I'm a learned scholar who knows not to associate with Norwegians. Someone told me they closed the Oslo library..... Why?.... Someone borrowed the book! 555+

Naebau'ermate,ken?

SC

Just found out his real name is Spok and he requested Scotty to beam him up :huh:. :D

From the log of the starship Enterprise, stardate Hogmanay:

"One to beam aboard, Mr Scott"

"Haanrroffforfetrinfukinbevvy,jimmy?"

"No, I've not fortgotten your duty free, Mr Scott"

"fkkingglaekitpointyluggedtollieknffinmineralwatter"

"I'm sure Mr Spock only had your best interests at heart"

"EffindembonesdemDEEDbonesbastrt"

"Yes, he was probably following medical advice"

SC

Naebau'ermate,ken?

SC

Just found out his real name is Spok and he requested Scotty to beam him up :huh:. :D

From the log of the starship Enterprise, stardate Hogmanay:

"One to beam aboard, Mr Scott"

"Haanrroffforfetrinfukinbevvy,jimmy?"

"No, I've not fortgotten your duty free, Mr Scott"

"fkkingglaekitpointyluggedtollieknffinmineralwatter"

"I'm sure Mr Spock only had your best interests at heart"

"EffindembonesdemDEEDbonesbastrt"

"Yes, he was probably following medical advice"

SC

:D

SC

OK, you lead the way and we'll precede.

The problem with the OP is he tried to short cut the system, bypass the hassle of being a tourist and be accepted as an expat on his first day of arriving. Expat groups in BKK are quite tribal and are reluctant to allow anyone into the inner circle especially an expat that has been expelled from another tribe. WE all know these tribes usually consisting of 4-7 people that drink at only one bar that they have claimed as there territory.

So my deduction after several years of observing this tribal behavior is that newbies are NOT accepted so that only leaves new newbies to form their own tribe and lay claim to whatever bar is tribe free.

most expats are particularly wary of anyone that eats pickled herring for breakfast and that vehemently denies being a tourist

The problem with the OP is he tried to short cut the system, bypass the hassle of being a tourist and be accepted as an expat on his first day of arriving. Expat groups in BKK are quite tribal and are reluctant to allow anyone into the inner circle especially an expat that has been expelled from another tribe. WE all know these tribes usually consisting of 4-7 people that drink at only one bar that they have claimed as there territory.

So my deduction after several years of observing this tribal behavior is that newbies are NOT accepted so that only leaves new newbies to form their own tribe and lay claim to whatever bar is tribe free.

most expats are particularly wary of anyone that eats pickled herring for breakfast and that vehemently denies being a tourist

Pickled Herring :bah:, sounds like bara (padak). :huh:

Pickled Herring :bah:, sounds like bara (padak). :huh:

All I know is that in our house the smoked herring at breakfast could cause quite a stench. Never quite understood why my father would eat it too. He also drank beer with curry saying that a good curry deserved a good beer.Never saw an Indian drinking beer when eating curry. when I mentioned this, he would just give me the look.

I realize that I am late to the thread, but seeing as the menu is being discussed, will there be pie? I like apple pie with lots of cinnamon. Even better is when it has the crunchy oatmeal on top. My great aunt Betty used to make that. Rather good too. She was smart, but she can't come to Thailand, on account that she's been dead for quite some time.

SC

OK, you lead the way and we'll precede.

One tars the way and leads the roof... Anyway, if we march in a clockwise direction I'll heed the precession.

First and formostwise, we need to identify our first victim to lambast like a roasted turkey.

Jotun would have been an oblivious candidate, since he doesn't seem to read the forum any more.

SC