Caesarean Section To Give Birth In Thailand, Is It The Rule Here?

Caesarean section to give birth in Thailand, is it the rule here? It seems that most of the people accept C-sect in Thailand ?

Hello,

I wonder if most of the Thai give birth using Caesarean section ?

Is it because public hospitals have no time to wait for hours that the baby comes ?

Is it because private hospitals charge more for natural birth ?

Is it because Thai want to give birth at the date and time when monks told them ? (same bullshxt as marrying a special day that a fortune teller decided for them!)

Thanks for info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarean_section

Is it because public hospitals have no time to wait for hours that the baby comes ?

Could be

Is it because private hospitals charge more for natural birth ?

No, Caesarean almost double the cost.

Is it because Thai want to give birth at the date and time when monks told them ? (same bullshxt as marrying a special day that a fortune teller decided for them!)

Yes, date of birth is very important to Thais as (according to them) the date affects the personality of the child.

However you can also induce labor on a certain date with the same result.

Also you have to consider the pain. I think that factors into peoples decision.

Also if you are doctor would you prefer to have a nice scheduled operation at 3pm; or get called into the hospital at 2:30am for a delivery? I can imagine that is one of the reasons doctors push Caesarean.

Edited by dave111223

Don't want to b crude; but I think a big factor is also the ladies want to keep "you know where" as if no baby before.

Also true about the importance of picking an auspicious date.

I think something like 60- 80% of births are by C section in this country compared to just 10-20% in UK for example.

I had a baby in a Thai government hospital a couple of months ago.

14 babies delivered that day, NONE of them by c-section.

In the maternity area where we met other potential mothers, and had our monthly check-ups, NONE that we met wanted or planned a c-section.

They did control the speed of the births using a drip, so the babies didn't come all at the same time.

C-section was used for emergencies and dangerous births only.

Edited by ludditeman

Don't want to b crude; but I think a big factor is also the ladies want to keep "you know where" as if no baby before.

Also true about the importance of picking an auspicious date.

I think something like 60- 80% of births are by C section in this country compared to just 10-20% in UK for example.

In UK doctors don't deliver babies and a c section is only performed if there are complications or an emergency during the birth.