Jomtien Condo Options

TexasRanger

Finaly decided to take a break from Bangkok and rent a condo in Jomtien long term (probably at least 5 years if the place is good). I currently pay about 25k a month for our place in Bangkok, is it possible to find a nice 2 bed place in jomtien for a similar amount? I've got some Thai friends on the case but thought ThaiVisa might have a different perspective. The only pre requisites are a second bedroom for ocassional visitors and a car park with decent security.

Any info or recommendations gratefully received. Cheers.

My tip: http://www.jomtienbeachpenthouses.com/

price a little higher than you currently pay (30K on long term for 2 bedroom), but I can recommend the place as quiet, clean, well managed, ok security (including car park). On Jomtien Soi 9, 1 minue walking to the beach. I spend all my holidays there and never had any issues.

I live in Jomtien Beach Condos. For MUCH less than that, you can rent a double unit, if available. JBC is well managed, clean, has good security, two swimming pools and clubhouses, and many shops for those little necessities. Some good restaurants are also available. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach. I have lived there 5 years and am totally satisfied.

I live in Jomtien Beach Condos. For MUCH less than that, you can rent a double unit, if available. JBC is well managed, clean, has good security, two swimming pools and clubhouses, and many shops for those little necessities. Some good restaurants are also available. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach. I have lived there 5 years and am totally satisfied.

Hi, thanks for the info, when you say Jomtien beach condos, do you mean the same one in the link in the previous post? I googled it but there are so many. Cheers.

Hi, thanks for the info, when you say Jomtien beach condos, do you mean the same one in the link in the previous post? I googled it but there are so many. Cheers.

You will have to burn some shoe leather. Find a good clean Guest house or serviced apartment fro a couple of weeks and look round the units to get a feel for the lie of the land.

The View Talays. 1 all the way through to number 8, but sadly there is no 4 and 6 is in Pattaya. The Beach Condos, Navin etc.

VT 8 for me is too far down the beach but if you want quiet ? Lots round Pratamnak hill. Low rise High rise its all there. Its all very subjective.

Is there a big difference in price between sea views and walking distance of the beach? To be honest just looking forward to a break from Bangkok and feel Jomtien might be a nice relaxing place. The Mrs will be scoping some places out while I go overseas for a while then we will rent a hotel and shortlist them. Quite looking forward to it really.

No.. That was Jomtien penthouses or something... Jomtien Beach Condos are Just Past Villa Navin. I am on the 8th floor of my unit (there are 5 in the complex) and have a 180 degree view of the ocean. To get to the beach is only a 5 minute walk.

Is there a big difference in price between sea views and walking distance of the beach? To be honest just looking forward to a break from Bangkok and feel Jomtien might be a nice relaxing place. The Mrs will be scoping some places out while I go overseas for a while then we will rent a hotel and shortlist them. Quite looking forward to it really.

I moved from bkk to jomtien in March and haven't regretted it at all. Much better lifestyle (outdoors life) cleaner air, less traffic and it's generally cheaper than bkk.

50% discount on the asking price can be perfectly achievable, and indeed I did exactly that.

I can well believe that. So you got it down from 6k a month to 3k a month?

No, I'm paying 10k for a year's contract. The guy before me paid 20k for 1 month.

I'm pleased. My rent is barely 3.5% of the sale asking price.

You are renting a 36-41sqm condo ten k is a reasonable price.Off course 1 month rentals are always more expensive to rent then long term.

Did you speak to the previous customer our are you just going on what your landlord told you about the 20 thousand for one month.

If a previous tenant paid 20 thousand baht per month for a small studio room then he is obviously stupid.

I have many condos in pattaya and always set realistic prices that is why they are always rented out.

If you go look at some real estate websites you see some crazy prices.

I have a page open now and see a studio in view talay 5 available for 25 thousand per month.Even at high season prices that is way to much.

So whats the general opinion, is it possible to get a long term 2 bed condo for 25K or is this too cheap? Anyone out there got a 2 bed in Jomtien? What are you paying? You can just answer more or less, don't have to tell me the figure if you dont want to.:whistling:

So whats the general opinion, is it possible to get a long term 2 bed condo for 25K or is this too cheap? Anyone out there got a 2 bed in Jomtien? What are you paying? You can just answer more or less, don't have to tell me the figure if you dont want to.:whistling:

A friend just moved out of the VIP Condotel (Na Jomtien) where he was living in a two bed unit long term on the 29th floor and was paying 13000 per month. He decided to leave when the owner tried to up the price to 16000. He just became a father and is trying to save money for obvious reasons. If you go a little further out of town there are still good deals. His unit was on the Bang Saray (hot side of the building) this too may have played on his decision to leave, having an infant and all.Nice building and fairly well managed, right on the sea.

A friend just moved out of the VIP Condotel (Na Jomtien) where he was living in a two bed unit long term on the 29th floor and was paying 13000 per month. He decided to leave when the owner tried to up the price to 16000. He just became a father and is trying to save money for obvious reasons. If you go a little further out of town there are still good deals. His unit was on the Bang Saray (hot side of the building) this too may have played on his decision to leave, having an infant and all.Nice building and fairly well managed, right on the sea.

Not having a go at you mate you are technically right by saying it is in na jomtien. VIP condo is a shithole and it is not even in jomtien(the jomtien that most foreigners know) it is on sukhumvit road.

And the two bedroom was most likely only 60-70sqm room.Your friend was right in moving out.

A agent showed me 5 rooms there a few years ago they were horrible.

Going to be difficult to find a nice two bedroom spacious condo in jomtien for 25 thousand a month.

You might be able to find a place that has 2 small bedrooms and a really small living room.

To get a better idea try this site www.rethai.com

Edited by Artas

It is definitely possible to get a two-bedroom rental for less than B25k per month. It all depends on what standard you want: size, quality of furnishings, building amenities, location, etc.

e.g. On Jomtien Soi Watboon, halfway between Jomtien Beach Road & Sukhumvit, there are Park Lane (new) and Angket and Majestic (old) buildings with two-bedroom units less than B25k per month.

Take a look at http://jomtien-property.com/search-page/?sale_type=4&property_type=2&location=1&stype_price_now=1&bedrooms=2&searchword=Enter+ID+or+Keyword&order_by=order_lowprice&sm_search_order=&pp=. If the advice given on this thread is correct and that rental prices are as discountable and advertised selling prices, you maybe should consider anything advertised at B30,000 or lower as obtainable at B25,000, or less?

Not having a go at you mate you are technically right by saying it is in na jomtien. VIP condo is a shithole and it is not even in jomtien(the jomtien that most foreigners know) it is on sukhumvit road.

And the two bedroom was most likely only 60-70sqm room.Your friend was right in moving out.

A agent showed me 5 rooms there a few years ago they were horrible.

Going to be difficult to find a nice two bedroom spacious condo in jomtien for 25 thousand a month.

You might be able to find a place that has 2 small bedrooms and a really small living room.

To get a better idea try this site www.rethai.com

The unit I refer to is 103sqm. There are smaller 2 beds at 70sqm and the geometric layout is somewhat unusual (not to my liking). The corner units all103sqm have been less impacted by the curved nature of the building. Unlike yourself I am not renting out units, so have no vested interest and am passing along general information. You are correct about the entrance being off the Suk. Half a km from the building. As to the sh*th*le crack..biting my tongue now. Ouch.

" I am not renting out units, so have no vested interest and am passing along general information. Yo'

All my units are rented out long term i am just giving my opinion.Besides the poster stated he wants to be in jomtien not bang saray or not out on sukhumvit.If you want to be more helpful then find a place in jomtien that would suit his requirements.

From what i know of the rooms inside the Vip condo is that they are awful looking and the lobby is grim.

Which is a shame because the condo is right on the beach and does have great views.

No need to bite your tongue as it is nothing personal against you.

If your friend was renting a two bedroom in VIP for that price then i am sure it was a shit hole.But i could be wrong.

I hope he does find a nice two bedroom in jomtien for 25 thousand baht a month. Definitively not impossible but it all depends on what his tastes are.

Edited by Artas

" I am not renting out units, so have no vested interest and am passing along general information. Yo'

All my units are rented out long term i am just giving my opinion.Besides the poster stated he wants to be in jomtien not bang saray or not out on sukhumvit.If you want to be more helpful then find a place in jomtien that would suit his requirements.

From what i know of the rooms inside the Vip condo is that they are awful looking and the lobby is grim.

Which is a shame because the condo is right on the beach and does have great views.

If your friend was renting a two bedroom in VIP for that price then i am sure it was a shit hole.But i could be wrong.

I hope he does find a nice two bedroom in jomtien for 25 thousand baht a month. Definitively not impossible but it all depends on what his tastes are.

my earlier post stated the Na Jomtien area for a reason. That reason was because the op was looking in the Jomtien area hence "if you go a little further out of town" suggestion. As far as being a little more helpful. Im not that smart Artas.

my earlier post stated the Na Jomtien area for a reason. That reason was because the op was looking in the Jomtien area hence "if you go a little further out of town" suggestion. As far as being a little more helpful. Im not that smart Artas.

Fair enough mate.Nothing wrong with your suggestion.It is a good idea and something that the op should explore.

You are renting a 36-41sqm condo ten k is a reasonable price.Off course 1 month rentals are always more expensive to rent then long term.

Please dont tell me what I am renting. I know far better than you do.

For 10k I am getting a 65sqm unit on a very high floor with 180° unobstructed views of the sea, Sattahip and the back of Jomtien/Pattaya. The building is on the main bahtbus route and just a few minutes walk from the beach. I have nice furniture, a very clean room, full kitchen and a new fridge and a large washing machine. Everything in good order. Cable TV included.

I am not hiding the fact that I am very pleased with the yearly price I am paying, as 20k for a month was not so far over the top even if the guy didn't negotiate at all.

As for the validity of that 20k price; I saw the contract and I saw the guy pay the money over.

Sounds like you dont know much then.

In common with most older buildings, VIP has units that range from very nice to very nasty. The trick is to get the right one.

I like the lobby and VIP Na-Jomtien is well up on the (very short) list of buildings I would care to live in.

Please dont tell me what I am renting. I know far better than you do.

For 10k I am getting a 65sqm unit on a very high floor with 180° unobstructed views of the sea, Sattahip and the back of Jomtien/Pattaya. The building is on the main bahtbus route and just a few minutes walk from the beach. I have nice furniture, a very clean room, full kitchen and a new fridge and a large washing machine. Everything in good order. Cable TV included.

I am not hiding the fact that I am very pleased with the yearly price I am paying, as 20k for a month was not so far over the top even if the guy didn't negotiate at all.

As for the validity of that 20k price; I saw the contract and I saw the guy pay the money over.

I don't believe you and you saw the contract really ? laugh.gif what is the name of the building you are staying in and some pictures of the room would also be nice.

PS i will tell you whatever i like until you show some proof.If it was any other poster on this board i might believe them but you NO WAY

Edited by Artas

I don't believe you and you saw the contract really ?

Indeed. I happened to be in the agent's office when the guy signed the contract and paid the money. I talked about it to the agent and we negotiated a long contract with the owner a few days later.

PS i will tell you whatever i like until you show some proof.

That's fine. I will consider you to be a cretin until you prove otherwise.

I am prepared for a long wait.

Thanks guys, when I say I am looking for 2 bedrooms the second one would only be used occasionaly when people come to visit, we currently have a 1 bed and it is a pain when parents come over and we have to ferry them to and from hotels. I really dont know Jomtien very well but I will inspect it more closely when I get back from work, as we have a car the location isnt really a problem although it would be nice to be able to walk to restaurants and morning walks on the beach will be great. I am looking forward to the move out from bangkok and am sure I will like it there. Any recommendations on how to get the condo i.e. how did you get yours? The last 2 I have got via word of mouth and dont know if I will get the price "upped" by an agency or website.

Cheers

Thanks guys, when I say I am looking for 2 bedrooms the second one would only be used occasionaly when people come to visit, we currently have a 1 bed and it is a pain when parents come over and we have to ferry them to and from hotels. I really dont know Jomtien very well but I will inspect it more closely when I get back from work, as we have a car the location isnt really a problem although it would be nice to be able to walk to restaurants and morning walks on the beach will be great. I am looking forward to the move out from bangkok and am sure I will like it there. Any recommendations on how to get the condo i.e. how did you get yours? The last 2 I have got via word of mouth and dont know if I will get the price "upped" by an agency or website.

Cheers

I suggest do some leg work in the area that would suit you best and then rent for a month. Before I purchased my 2 bedroom I rented a studio for nearly a year before finding a unit that was the right place for me. Lots of choices. Happy hunting,MB.