Jomtien Condo Options

TexasRanger

Cheers guys, as I said, the Mrs will check first before I can, can anyone throw some condo names at me that I can get her to check out? Cheers.

You could try Ban Saan Lalana on Soi Chayapruk --- about 500 metres to beach.

Rimhat Jomtien Beach Condo on Jomtien Beach Road, between Soi 10 and 11.

There are 1000s of condos in these places, and you should be able to find a 2 bed for about 15k per month.

I notice many people in your situation, simply rent an extra studio, for the visitors when they arrive, usually in the same building. It obviously depends on the frequency of visits, and duration of stay.

So whats the general opinion, is it possible to get a long term 2 bed condo for 25K or is this too cheap? Anyone out there got a 2 bed in Jomtien? What are you paying? You can just answer more or less, don't have to tell me the figure if you dont want to.:whistling:

I wouldn't say too cheap. I had a place available for 25k but there were no takers.

No feedback from the agents whether it was the price or location or style though.

You are renting a 36-41sqm condo ten k is a reasonable price.Off course 1 month rentals are always more expensive to rent then long term.

Please dont tell me what I am renting. I know far better than you do.

For 10k I am getting a 65sqm unit on a very high floor with 180° unobstructed views of the sea, Sattahip and the back of Jomtien/Pattaya. The building is on the main bahtbus route and just a few minutes walk from the beach. I have nice furniture, a very clean room, full kitchen and a new fridge and a large washing machine. Everything in good order. Cable TV included.

I am not hiding the fact that I am very pleased with the yearly price I am paying, as 20k for a month was not so far over the top even if the guy didn't negotiate at all.

As for the validity of that 20k price; I saw the contract and I saw the guy pay the money over.

I don't believe you and you saw the contract really ? laugh.gif what is the name of the building you are staying in and some pictures of the room would also be nice.

PS i will tell you whatever i like until you show some proof.If it was any other poster on this board i might believe them but you NO WAY

Does sound very strange that he was at the signing of the contracts and payment for the previous tenant, which would have been at least one month previous to moving in himself......strange and unbelievable

Does sound very strange that he was at the signing of the contracts and payment for the previous tenant, which would have been at least one month previous to moving in himself......strange and unbelievable

I have been going into that office (and others) several times a week for nearly a year. I continue to do so now. It's the best way I know of to find a bargain, short of paying backhanders to staff.

As I keep my eyes and ears open, in that time I've seen all sorts of people paying and signing for rentals and sales. It just so happened that this was for a unit that I have inspected many times over the last year with a view to purchase, during most of which time it has been empty. Had I not been there the agent would have told me all about it within a day anyway as they know I am interested in it.

So a simple mixture of determination and luck, and nothing strange about it. I do understand that determination is not a notion that Pattaya estate agents are familiar with; they are mostly an idle lot who give up very easily indeed.