Happy St Andrews Day

MrMuddle

Oh the pipes .

All the best of times ye Scots !

What a coincidence that you posted that clip, I was reading the plaque outside the Tron theatre last night stating " Stan Laurel " played here.......anyway here's one of my favourite youtube clips.

I have a mucker in Hong Kong and his uncle is in the march . Magic stuff , my young son loves watching L&H . Thanks for the music .

Edit ; I could murder some smoked haddock

Edited by onionluke

Oh the pipes .

What a coincidence that you posted that clip, I was reading the plaque outside the Tron theatre last night stating " Stan Laurel " played here.......anyway here's one of my favourite youtube clips.

I have a mucker in Hong Kong and his uncle is in the march . Magic stuff , my young son loves watching L&H . Thanks for the music .

I'll have some for my breakfast on Saturday morning, delicious!! until it starts coming back on you blink.gif

Oh the pipes .

I'll have some for my breakfast on Saturday morning, delicious!! until it starts coming back on you blink.gif

India pale ale , half pint, should wash that down nicely .

Glasgow on a Saturday was down to the barras , a deep fried macaroni and cheese pie , a bit of bargain hunting and and then far too much to drink in the Squirrel , a stagger down to the Scotia for some afternoon rock a' billy and a taxotheque homeward . So it went .

I'm not a scot but I like Glasgow...never made it in to the barras but had a few drinks outside at the Sarra Heid before it got fancified...them quarter gill places in east Glasgow in the raw winter were always nice...

the Scotia is an ace but it's hard to find 'cause it's low to the ground, lots of the local literati hanging in the snugs; ye watched sometimes but never intruded...

fwiw from a yank from California who loves and misses Glasgow, all the best...

I'm not a scot but I like Glasgow...never made it in to the barras but had a few drinks outside at the Sarra Heid before it got fancified...them quarter gill places in east Glasgow in the raw winter were always nice...

the Scotia is an ace but it's hard to find 'cause it's low to the ground, lots of the local literati hanging in the snugs; ye watched sometimes but never intruded...

fwiw from a yank from California who loves and misses Glasgow, all the best...

Thanks very much and haste ye back !!

I live right next to Glasgow Green and I walk through it every day, and very often make my way down to the Scotia and the Clutha Vaults. The weather has been wild and atrocious in Scotland the last few days and those snugs have been a godsend!!

India pale ale , half pint, should wash that down nicely .

Glasgow on a Saturday was down to the barras , a deep fried macaroni and cheese pie , a bit of bargain hunting and and then far too much to drink in the Squirrel , a stagger down to the Scotia for some afternoon rock a' billy and a taxotheque homeward . So it went .

right ahm aff oan a mad nite oot wi the muckers oan saturday nite, the chances are ye'll ken some of these boys. We're aff tae the Ho wong doon at Anderston fur a bit o Cantonese, this pitch does a rerr scallop, and if ye gie thum noatis they'll throw sunm stornoway black puddin oan the plate tae. Ye'll ken yersell that we'll huv tae run the gauntlet of the Glesgae friskies doon there. The last time ah wiz doon wi ma pals wan o them asked me if ah wiz lookin fur business, ah wisnae, so she said kin ah git two quid aff ye then fur a bag o chips??? ahm starvin.

Anyway, ahv goat a table booked fur us at the Corinthian , there's sum decent tail goes in there so if I cannae pull that night ah'll be gein it aw up. Tha's mah saturday night......oot oan the razz wi ma pals in the toon centre.....ah hope ah kin git a taxi hame

Im nae fae glaisgea Masel but there was a nice wee bar way down past the end of sochiehall st where all the natives of the western isles used to hang out, had a few nights there when I went to the annual fishing exhibition at the SECC, after the bar we were off to the ceilidh at around midnight, if I remember correctly the ceilidh was held in an old ex church,, my the whiskey used to flow like water on them nights

Im nae fae glaisgea Masel but there was a nice wee bar way down past the end of sochiehall st where all the natives of the western isles used to hang out, had a few nights there when I went to the annual fishing exhibition at the SECC, after the bar we were off to the ceilidh at around midnight, if I remember correctly the ceilidh was held in an old ex church,, my the whiskey used to flow like water on them nights

Outstandin, ahv no been tae a guid ceilidh fur a while, yev pit me richt in the mood

Outstandin, ahv no been tae a guid ceilidh fur a while, yev pit me richt in the mood

The Ben nevis , or maybe the one one across from the Park Bar .

The Ben nevis , or maybe the one one across from the Park Bar .

I've got to say, mad session last night, Ho Wong Cantonese, followed by a heavy session in the Corinthian till 6.00am, and the talent was top order!!! biggrin.gif