Christmas Dinner In Bangkok?

HalfSquat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have kids. I don't want kids. Usually, when I need a "kid fix", I borrow my nieces and nephews, get them all wound up and sugar buzzed, then turn them back to their folks.

But it ain't Christmas dinner without kids running around, making noise and enjoying themselves.

+1 for kid friendly!

Hard Rock Cafe did a really nice roast turkey dinner for the American holiday of Thanksgiving for only Bht.500 when hotels were much more expensive I understand. So I assume they'll do an xmas feast of some sort. Kid-friendly upstairs til some reasonable hour; kid-free on the Ground Floor.

Not Bourbon St. I know that! I did not think very highly of the place(Thanksgiving). The food was ok to decent but presentation and the owner made you feel like you were at a church buffet(Thanks for the 24k Baht worth of patronage now leave you had two plates of food at 1100Baht). I met some other friends later in the night and they were having TG at Bully Pub their spread looked great(Cheese wheels,olives,yams etc etc and much better presentation) it was not packed with people the price was about 200Baht less than BS. They actually got to enjoy their meal. I am not sure if a pub is kid friendly but if it is then not a bad place.

We have been to the Londoner Pub on the corner of Sukhumwit soi 33 and have had a beautiful Christmas dinner. Not sure of the cost this year but it is definately worth a visit to check it out before Christmas. Their Chicken Pie is superb ! As good as my mum used to make. There is normally a live band. Service was excellent.

The Huntsman Pub in The Landmark are charging 1400 Baht for a three course set Christmas Dinner, whilst their Atrium is 3,200 Baht for their buffet. The Atrium is better value if there are four of you as their come 4 pay four 2 offer still applies and they will throw in a bottle of Italian Sparkling wine for four diners.

I personally prefer a buffet to a set meal, as does my good lady as she will want at least some Thai food on offer.

Went to the Westin for Thanksgiving. No mashed potatoes. No any potatoes. OK some sweet or yam or something, but not the real thing. Very wrong. Can only assume Christmas would be the same. If you like the noble spud, avoid the Westin.

I did the Peninsula one year - very, very nice. Games, face painting and things for kids. Great buffet along the river. Highly recommended. $$$$

Agree, if kids aren't raising hell what's the point?

The Plaza-Athénée Thanksgiving buffet this year was really pretty good, a nice mix of traditional, Thai and other foods. They are doing Christmas as well. The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit does a great buffet generally, and I would trust them to do Christmas right.

Agreed on Sheraton... Best by far.

They even have Father Christmas and Carol singers singing Jingen Benn, etc :lol:

Food and service is exceptional

I saw that the Queen Victoria on Sukhumvit 23 is doing a Christmas type dinner leading up to Christmas, and I assume on Christmas Day itself. It's a set meal, but it looks ok at about 900 Baht. I have never eaten there, has anybody got any experience of the place?We often eat at The Huntsman at The Landmark, we often have their Sunday Lunch Buffet at just under 700 Baht, on Christmas Day they are doing an enhanced buffet, which I assume means they are adding turkey, they are throwing in a standard drink and charging 1,500 Baht, so double.

Taipan hotel is having a Christmas Buffet on the 24th, think 1300baht per person 6 to 10pm

If you book via Thai City Deals you can buy a voucher for this for 650 Baht

http://thaicitydeals.com/bangkok/deal/50-off-international-christmas-eve-dinner-buffet-at-pan-kitchen-taipan-hotel,-suk-23

Yes I saw it there as well, but not many buying at the moment, so a bit unsure.

Taipan hotel is having a Christmas Buffet on the 24th, think 1300baht per person 6 to 10pm

If you book via Thai City Deals you can buy a voucher for this for 650 Baht

http://thaicitydeals.com/bangkok/deal/50-off-international-christmas-eve-dinner-buffet-at-pan-kitchen-taipan-hotel,-suk-23

Yes I saw it there as well, but not many buying at the moment, so a bit unsure.

I think many people wait until until a few days before, before making solid plans...like me.

Hard Rock Cafe did a really nice roast turkey dinner for the American holiday of Thanksgiving for only Bht.500 when hotels were much more expensive I understand. So I assume they'll do an xmas feast of some sort. Kid-friendly upstairs til some reasonable hour; kid-free on the Ground Floor.

Can anyone confirm if the Hard Rock Cafe will be doing a Christmas Dinner for as cheap as 500 baht?

what about the Irish pubs in Silom, are they doing Christmas Lunch , they do sunday lunch or did, and christmas day is on a sunday this year.

We are doing Xmas lunch... don't want to advertise on here, message me for details mate

Ok.. what pub is that then. Give us a cluecool.gif is it JA...... MO ..... O'

Christmas Day Lunch Buffet. Taipan Hotel , Pan Kitchen , 55% off through Thaicitydeals so you only pay 450 baht .

http://thaicitydeals.com/bangkok/deal/55-off-christmas-day-lunch-buffet-at-pan-kitchen-taipan-hotel,-suk-23

They have everything here and the food is excellent. Must be the best bargain in Bangkok.

Edited by balo

what about the Irish pubs in Silom, are they doing Christmas Lunch , they do sunday lunch or did, and christmas day is on a sunday this year.

We are doing Xmas lunch... don't want to advertise on here, message me for details mate

Ok.. what pub is that then. Give us a cluecool.gif is it JA...... MO ..... O'

Do I know you? and Yes great guess

Edited by mightyharriss