60 Day Extension Stamp

I'm a US tourist in Pattaya. My 30 day exemption (or visa on entry, or whatever it's called) will expire on the 26th of December. I thought I was going to have to leave the country at lease once to be able to stay an additional 60 days. But I stopped into a visa agency that told me for 10k and 2 pictures they could get a 60 day extension at the local immigration office, and give it to me the same day. Does this sound legitimate?

No, you can only get seven days unless you are visitng a thai wife or child as stated above.

You need to hookup with a visa run service and get a tourist visa in a neighboring country and it won't cost you 10k. A sigle entry will give you a total of 90 days, 60 upon entry and can be extended fro 30 days - 1900 baht. Why didn't you get one before you left the US, you can do it by mail in a couple of days.

Edited by wayned

I'm not doubting you, but I wonder how they are able to do it. Bribery? Forgery? They showed me someone else's stamped passport that they had just processed, and it looked like an official stamp, for whatever that's worth. And this is an actual store front, in a condo full of farang. I'm not saying that makes it legitimate, I just think they could very quickly get a lot of people in their own building mad at them if their customers get busted by immigration. And If I get the stamp this way, will I regret it when I exit Thailand?

You need to hookup with a visa run service and get a tourist visa in a neighboring country and it won't cost you 10k. A sigle entry will give you a total of 90 days, 60 upon entry and can be extended fro 30 days - 1900 baht.

Are you talking about the price of the visa alone? It's about 7k to Laos, and 8k to Cambodia for the entire trip.

Why didn't you get one before you left the US, you can do it by mail in a couple of days.

Please see the last thread I started.

Edited by leosmith

You need to hookup with a visa run service and get a tourist visa in a neighboring country and it won't cost you 10k. A sigle entry will give you a total of 90 days, 60 upon entry and can be extended fro 30 days - 1900 baht.

Are you talking about the price of the visa alone? It's about 7k to Laos, and 8k to Cambodia for the entire trip.

Why didn't you get one before you left the US, you can do it by mail in a couple of days.

Please see the last thread I started.

Okay you said that it's going to cost you 7 to 8 k to go to Laos or Cambodia to get the visa. That includes the cost of the visa and you are legal, no ifs, ands or buts! And you can get up to 90 days. Now if you pay 10k to this service to get a 60 day stamp in your passport it doesn't matter if the service bribed someone to put the stamp in your passport or if it is a forgery, it is illegal and you are rolling the dice to see whether you get caught. In addition, you paid him 2.5 k more than it would cost you to do it legally. Use some common sense, you can do it cheaper and be legal. If there was no other way -maybe - but you, and only you, have the choice. The right one is get a legal tourist visa.

As far as my comment about your poor planning, I don't have a photographic memory and I don't have any intention of searching what you had previous posted and I tried to answer your question. I'm sorry that I offended you, but no matter what it is poor pkanning.

What they are probably doing is get a doctor to declare you are medical not fit to trvel and give you an extension based on that.

You sign for your application and that your application you submit is true and would be making a false statement and can get you in a lot of trouble, inlcuding prison.

Hi

I have a non o based on marriage and child 90 day visa, i was wondering when this runs out can i get a 60 day extension to this visa or any other type of extension at the local immgration office not in bangkok.

Thanks for your help

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

I remember about 6 years ago some people got in a whole lot of shit when the company that did this sort of thing decided to maximise their profits by cutting out the bribe to immigration and just forge the stamp themselves.

Must have been a nice month of profits.

Unfortunately the foreigners traveling with fake stamps in their passport had not such a great time in immigration detention centers, which certainly injected a bit of liveliness into their exit from the country.

That includes the cost of the visa and you are legal, no ifs, ands or buts! And you can get up to 90 days. Now if you pay 10k to this service to get a 60 day stamp in your passport it doesn't matter if the service bribed someone to put the stamp in your passport or if it is a forgery, it is illegal and you are rolling the dice to see whether you get caught. In addition, you paid him 2.5 k more than it would cost you to do it legally. Use some common sense, you can do it cheaper and be legal. If there was no other way -maybe - but you, and only you, have the choice. The right one is get a legal tourist visa.

I am not going to do anything that's illegal. This thread is for me to get the information necessary to make a decision. Making comments about my lack of common sense and poor planning isn't very helpful. Telling me that a visa run is 2k instead of 7 or 8 isn't very helpful. Pretending that visa runs are painless isn't very helpful.

no matter what it is poor pkanning.

It was poor planning that the embassy made a mistake and denied my visa agency my Thai visa? Interesting logic.

btw, OP. The maximum fine for overstay is 20,000thb. How long you planning on staying for? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The 60 days will be it for me, making a total of 90 days stay. But your post brings up an interesting question. Could someone overstay for, say, 1 year, pay the max fine, and not have any problems returning?

If you are going to quote someone quote the whole post. You forgot the first line that refered to 7 or 8k for the visa run and the 2k came from an earlier post that quoted the cost of the 30 day extension. . As I said i'm not going to go look for your previous post regarding what happened to your visa application. Everybody has told you it's illegal so it's up to you. I quit!

Edited by wayned

The 60 days will be it for me, making a total of 90 days stay. But your post brings up an interesting question. Could someone overstay for, say, 1 year, pay the max fine, and not have any problems returning?

Yes, you could and would not have any problems returning. That is unless you get caught during your overstay, than they can arrest you and detain you untill you have paid the fine and have bought a ticket out of the country.

What they are probably doing is get a doctor to declare you are medical not fit to trvel and give you an extension based on that.

I just talked to immigration here, and that's essentially what he told me. But he also told me it's pretty common and not illegal. Basically, they consider it to be a judgement call of the visa company whether they consider you too sick to travel. He said to be sure to go with an established company to avoid forgery of the stamp. He also felt it was a very expensive route.

Yes, you could and would not have any problems returning. That is unless you get caught during your overstay, than they can arrest you and detain you untill you have paid the fine and have bought a ticket out of the country.

Thanks. I doubt if I'll ever try anything like that, but it's interesting to know about.

It is not a judgement call of the visa compnay, but of a doctor. Immigration can have their own doctor exmine you and make a decision based on that.

As to no crime, if you apply for reason of being sick or too sick to travel while you are perfectly fit to travel, you file a false application while you sign the documents and state the information you give is true.

It is not a judgement call of the visa compnay, but of a doctor. Immigration can have their own doctor exmine you and make a decision based on that.

As to no crime, if you apply for reason of being sick or too sick to travel while you are perfectly fit to travel, you file a false application while you sign the documents and state the information you give is true.

I think that the original poster is bored with nothing to do but wind up readers on this forum. He has received accurate and timely advice with clear indications for action, yet he persists in carrying on investigating illegal activities etc. Am surprised that anyone else will bother to reply.

I just talked to immigration here, and that's essentially what he told me. But he also told me it's pretty common and not illegal. Basically, they consider it to be a judgement call of the visa company whether they consider you too sick to travel. He said to be sure to go with an established company to avoid forgery of the stamp. He also felt it was a very expensive route.

Thanks. I doubt if I'll ever try anything like that, but it's interesting to know about.

You are not exactly out in the sticks are you ?

Anyway, now you have alerted the immigration office of your possible medical extension, you have successfully :

1) got yourself a rejection or

2) raised the bribe

And while I'm at it, you got perfectly sane and prompt advice, yet you persisted with your illegal approaches.

In the end, you are really just blaming anyone but yourself.

Your visa didnt happen due to a mistake of the embassy ?

Mate, to get a tourist visa, how much more than your passport do you think it takes ?

Yes, a fee.

So how that can be any other mistake than yours ???

Poor planning.

You are just grabbing at straws, blaming anyone but yourself.

And you had a "visa company" make you your tourist visa for Thailand ?

Right. Again maybe even inventing a story, just to show us all, that the world is against you.

Edited by peterdk

Just do your own visa run to Nong Khai. Almost all nationalities can get a 2 or 3 monyth visa @ the Thai Embassy across the frienship bridge in Vientiane , Laos. Thake 2 recent visa photos & $30 per entry. Takes 24 hrs. Lao visa required on a rrival. Unfortunately that is $55 USD for a Canadian. Less for other nationalities. Last year it was "only" $43 for Cdns.

You may as well tour north to Vieng Vang and Luang Prabang while in LAos. It makes a nice break from Thailand. You can use whatever level of Thai you command. Thai & Lao are nearly identical.

Sort of off topic to this..

Anyone know what sort of extension at BKK immigration office one can get on a 90 day 'ED' Visa ?

School flooded and closed, [planed reopen 16th January depending on water and repairs] so no paperwork to extend the 'ED' Visa for another 90 days.

No info on the phone calling BKK Immigration.. 1x English to English speaking Thai + Thai to Thai on 2 different phone numbers.

ALL say go to old office in BKK as new complex is not open for this.

Have no idea which facility you are calling old or new as both have offered all services - Suan Plu will close this Friday and all officers will there will return to Chiang Watanna from 13th onward. As government has not authorized any special exceptions the only extension would be the normal 7 days to leave country.

But check with them - perhaps some provision can be found.

I am flying into Thailand shortly and will get my 30 days on arrival. I plan to sat for about 50 days though so am interested in finding out more about the 60 day extension based on visiting a Thai wife and kids.

I have both (wife and kids) and they are travelling with me. Do you think this will make any difference? If I turn up at immigration with my wifes thai passport (She has my surname) and my kids Thai passport (the have dual passports) and my open wallet do you think this will be enough? (Wedding certificate has been left at home)

Also, how much does this extension cost?

Marriage certificate is a requirement. Cost of any extension is 1,900 baht. For about the same price you can obtain a non immigrant O visa (or half the price a tourist visa) and not have to worry about being refused boarding of aircraft and not have to visit immigration and others using Thai passport will not have issues.

Have no idea which facility you are calling old or new as both have offered all services - Suan Plu will close this Friday and all officers will there will return to Chiang Watanna from 13th onward. As government has not authorized any special exceptions the only extension would be the normal 7 days to leave country.

But check with them - perhaps some provision can be found.

Thanks

3 different people on the phone at Immigration said Chiang Watanna is closed.. Edit: That was on Friday 2nd December !! phoned both Chiang Watanna and Suan Plu.

All said Suan Plu is Open until possible Friday next but depends on floods at Chiang Watanna. ?

Chiang Watanna would be a lot easier and closer to drive to, so a bit muddled.. Is Chiang Watanna open from Tuesday 6th onward ?

Edited by ignis

Hi Mario,

Thanks for that, it is something I was unaware of and would seem a few Thai consulates in Australia are either unaware of or chose not to mention it.

As immigration is a two hour drive away what do you think my chances are by turning up by myself with all the paper work that you mentioned? I could mention that my wife could not come because she is looking after our 5 month old (true).

Also, is there a specific name for this type of extension?

Cheers

MM.

Wayned

"You need to hookup with a visa run service and get a tourist visa in a neighboring country and it won't cost you 10k. A single entry will give you a total of 90 days, 60 upon entry and can be extended fro 30 days - 1900 baht."

---------------------------------------------------

----Do I understand that you are saying: go a neighboring country, visit the Thai Embassy and obtain a 60 day Tourist Visa. Then return to Thailand and at the end of 60 day go to the local immigration office and obtain an extension ?----