Second Hand Scooter Bangkok

hadock

ummm, there should be at least one shop every km along all roads in Bangkok, there's about 6 along my road.

Do you currently reside here or preparing for when you do come, either way where do you live in Bangkok? You will get more accurate answers if we know where you are

Karl :)

good advice Karl ;-)

I live in Sukhumvit Soi 22. I see some smaller motorbike repair shops here and there in my area, but the scooters they sell look like crap.

So i am searching for a shop or similar which sell good maintained second hand scooter.

Thank you

Alex

Alex there are a few scooter shops on Rama IV between Tesco and Sukhumvit. One is the Yamaha dealer , another (almost at Sukhumvit) is a finance company that sells scooters. They are worth a walk.

The problem as I see it is that not many people trade-in their scooters. They are usually all sold privately. So shop don't usually have used ones.

Have you tried the small repair shop on 22, where 16 crosses (7/11 on corner) I know at least one person who takes their scoot there for service. They might be able to help.

Look in classifieds ( Oops forget that . Saturated by real estate sales people)

There are a couple of expat forums in Pattaya.

Edited by VocalNeal

I've bought 2nd hand in BKK before in a bike shop.

The main dealers probably won't have any but the local shops that sell new bikes usually have a few. Just from memory there is a shop on Rama IV where it meets Sukhumvit (near Sukhumvit 71 or Prakanong BTS station) you could try there. There are many shops on Rama IV though. If you don't have transport ask a motorcycle taxi driver, he should know where you can get them or at least take you to a few shops on Rama IV. 2 years ago I bought a year old Honda Airblade with 15,000kms on the clock for 25,000B it was a bit shabby but i changed some of the scratched panels for 1-2000B and it has never let me down; still purrs like a kitten. Good luck and let us know what happens.