Foreign Company Willing To Hire Farang Without Work Permit

Hi everyone there,

I was trying to apply for a job in Thailand and I was contacted by a foreign company. After many interviews, and after I clearly asked if they were want me to work for them without the proper work permit I was replied: If so, would you? So I think is my duty to report the Thai government about this company wanting to hire foreigners without the work permit and without paying taxes.

Could anyone, please, provide some info on where to report about this $*&@?

Thanks a lot and best regards :-)

PS: Really sad that foreign companies do this as I already had an offer from a local Thai company willing to provide me with all the needed documents to do this legally, the proper way.

You're going to report them for what?

A verbal exchange during an interview?!!

Unless they actually took you on, paid you money without a WP you're dreaming up delusions on this one.

I think your heart's in the right place but you're being a bit over-dramatic.

It's like someone discussing drink driving after a night out in the city.

Would you report them for that?!

Talk will not prove a thing and I think you'll probably end up in more trouble then they will.

Oh, for the days when do-gooders like this were few and fare between in this fair land...

Agree with others, as this is a non starter... there is zero chance they could run into trouble for asking you this question in an interview.

Even if they did not deny it, they could just as easily say that it was an interview question designed to test applicant's ethics, in order to weed out any less than ethical applicants...

As others have said, it is illegal to hire someone without going through the WP process, but it looks like they never got to that point.

You wrote :

"After many interviews, and after I clearly asked if they were want me to work for them without the proper work permit I was replied: If so, would you?"

It seems to me you asked the question and the interviewer was simply testing your ethics.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Lots of Thai companies do the same, you gonna report them too!!!!!!

In fact you might find some foreign footballers here in Thailand, playing without Work Permits, are you gonna say something about that? Some probably do not even have the correct visa (Remember the Scottish footballer who reported this to the Scottish Sun), but this is Thailand.

Just find someone willing to give you a work permit if you qualify for one.

i confess that i recently switched several times my pool pump manually and then replaced the broken timer neither having a work permit as a pool pump operator nor as an electrician :whistling:

gonna report you now 5555

Edited by beano2274

If the OP does report the company there is a fair to good chance that a simple police check would turn up several employees without WPs- might be a worthwhile and easy fishing expedition for the police even with no evidence more than a report to them...

Perhaps it was just a test of your ethics. ;)

Could be. US company that I used to work for would often try to see if candidates were willing to reveal proprietary info of the previous employers. Often the interviewer would fish for such info even when the prior employers were in an entirely different line of business, and if the candidate started spilling the beans it was assumed that the he could not be trusted was was not safe to hire.

Edited by OriginalPoster