No More 91 Octane Petrol

KarenBravo

According to Reuters:-

"Thailand will halt sales of 91-octane gasoline from October 2012 in a bid to reduce its imports of crude and support the domestic renewable biofuel industry, the energy minister said".

My motorbikes and the missus's Honda Civic all take 91 octane. We can't use 91 gasohol. What will we do for fuel?

I was afraid it would come to this even though it is the most ridiculous thing you could expect. Who are the people making these decisions? As it isn't bad enough we can't have 95 octane but phasing out 91 too? When 95 was removed from market in March 2010, sport car owners in BKK almost started the riot. So, what about us with bikes? Recommende fuel for most of the big bikes is 98 and 95 but we were using 91 and suffering....Sport bikes running on gasohol.....dam_n...Thai bike mechanics gonna love it..

My car says 95 octane, which has been unavailable for a few years now. I have to use the 10% ethanol. My engine knocks with 91. But from articles I've read, it takes more fuel to produce ethanol than it saves, so it really doesn't make much sense.

the exact same news was published like 3 years ago, and haulted due to mass protests. Most pre 2006 engines can not run ethanol at all without being damaged, and most lawn movers, agriculture equipment etc still cant.

No additive reduces the damage from ethanol done to plastic and rubber parts in fuel system. These materials are either ethanol compatible, 10%, 20% or 85%, or they are not.

Most pre 2006 Asian market are not.

Some 2006-2008 are not.

Many are still not 20% compatible.

Sure in a non compatible vehicle you can use it for a while. Some one tank, some 2 years, and then you pay the repairbill

Normal cars and bikes wont have many problems with the change, its mainly the super cars and bikes,and they will have to carry on buying the expensive 100 ron from the airport,wont be long before most of the cars and bikes will be running on alterative energy...sooner the better get rid of the oil barons...already NISSAN AND TOYOTA are ready AND TATA WILL SOON START PRODUCTION OF THEIR..AIR CAR..:rolleyes:

the exact same news was published like 3 years ago, and haulted due to mass protests. Most pre 2006 engines can not run ethanol at all without being damaged, and most lawn movers, agriculture equipment etc still cant.

No additive reduces the damage from ethanol done to plastic and rubber parts in fuel system. These materials are either ethanol compatible, 10%, 20% or 85%, or they are not.

Most pre 2006 Asian market are not.

Some 2006-2008 are not.

Many are still not 20% compatible.

Sure in a non compatible vehicle you can use it for a while. Some one tank, some 2 years, and then you pay the repairbill

Bought the car new in 2006 now they are going to stop selling the correct fuel for it 5 years later

The fuel should not be discontinued for at least 10 years after they stop manufacturing cars that need 91

TIT

Bought the car new in 2006 now they are going to stop selling the correct fuel for it 5 years later

The fuel should not be discontinued for at least 10 years after they stop manufacturing cars that need 91

TIT

yep, Brazil spendt 15 years to fade out petrol after introducing ethanol in the 70s, TH wants to do it in 5 years.

What car Peter? It might run E10 without getting damaged, despite the 91 petrol sticker

yep, Brazil spendt 15 years to fade out petrol after introducing ethanol in the 70s, TH wants to do it in 5 years.

What car Peter? It might run E10 without getting damaged, despite the 91 petrol sticker

Vios the old shape, i bought it 3 months before the new model came out, its the S model

We have only done 50000 KLM in 5 years, i have been thinking about buying a duel cab

hilux which is the same as a Fortuna without rear coil springs but a lot cheaper and good

for carrying things.

Mrs PCA likes the small car thats why i have not changed vehicles plus the car is in excellent condition

Vios the old shape, i bought it 3 months before the new model came out, its the S model

We have only done 50000 KLM in 5 years, i have been thinking about buying a duel cab

hilux which is the same as a Fortuna without rear coil springs but a lot cheaper and good

for carrying things.

Mrs PCA likes the small car thats why i have not changed vehicles plus the car is in excellent condition

like this?post-81971-0-91102700-1322893614_thumb.j

after six of these I am waiting for the new Ford Ranger. Most find them to large for parking, and for Phuket only I would stick to something smaller

I would assume 2005/2006 Vios would be E10 compatible, ask to get it in writing from Toyota. I would also ask how many cars like your they have done gasohol repairs on by replacing rubber and plastic parst, fuel pumps or injectors. I would guess they do at least 150k km on gasohol E10 even if not gasoholcompatible

my october 2006 Yaris with same engine was E10 compatible

for carrying things.

like this?post-81971-0-91102700-1322893614_thumb.j

after six of these I am waiting for the new Ford Ranger. Most find them to large for parking, and for Phuket only I would stick to something smaller

I would assume 2005/2006 Vios would be E10 compatible, ask to get it in writing from Toyota. I would also ask how many cars like your they have done gasohol repairs on by replacing rubber and plastic parst, fuel pumps or injectors. I would guess they do at least 150k km on gasohol E10 even if not gasoholcompatible

my october 2006 Yaris with same engine was E10 compatible

the ford ranger and the Mazda were the same vehicle just different badges

Manufactured by Mazda who Ford has a share in

On the Vios it specifies 91 at the filler cap

the ford ranger and the Mazda were the same vehicle just different badges

Manufactured by Mazda who Ford has a share in

On the Vios it specifies 91 at the filler cap

auto allianze TH manufactors cars and pickups and suv for ford and mazda. the new ranger is a ford, and mazda will have a mazda edition out in a few months. not as it matters, I never care what badge a car carries, just the specs and how it performs

your vios specifies 91 cause its manufactored just before gasohol was introduced, its a good chance it is E10 gasohol compatible