Crackdown On Thai Students Mini Skirts

george

University clamps down on sexy outfits

BANGKOK: -- Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University is out to stop female students sashaying to school in provocative mini-skirts and tight white shirts.

The university has launched a campaign asking students to dress more modestly by displaying 20 paper cut-outs demonstrating indecent modes of clothing. “The way [female students] dress reflects on the university’s image,” said Aniroute Dangyong, a teacher in charge of student affairs at the university. “If students wear such indecent uniforms, people will look askance at our institution.”

Although university regulations prescribe uniforms (white shirt and black skirt), many female students adopt a sexier look by wearing minis and tight-fitting shirts to class.

--The Nation 2005-11-23

BANGKOK: -- Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University is out to stop female students sashaying to school in provocative mini-skirts and tight white shirts.

The university has launched a campaign asking students to dress more modestly by displaying 20 paper cut-outs demonstrating indecent modes of clothing. “The way [female students] dress reflects on the university’s image,” said Aniroute Dangyong, a teacher in charge of student affairs at the university. “If students wear such indecent uniforms, people will look askance at our institution.”

Although university regulations prescribe uniforms (white shirt and black skirt), many female students adopt a sexier look by wearing minis and tight-fitting shirts to class.

--The Nation 2005-11-23

:D DJ Pat wont be too happy!!! :o

Well as innocent as these upcountry Rajabhat girls look, escecially when compared with their more worldly Bangkok sisters, having spent a year amongst them as a peer I can assure you they are the same as college girls the world over.

Was quite an eye opener for me I can tell you when I earwigged a few of their conversations.........

--The Nation 2005-11-23

:D DJ Pat wont be too happy!!! :o

He won't be alone :D

The skirts should be shorter and the blouses a mandatory 2 sizes smaller rather than the current 1 size. Why else are farang teachers teaching for such low wages and disrespect from most of the Thai hierarchy.

Well as innocent as these upcountry Rajabhat girls look, escecially when compared with their more worldly Bangkok sisters

Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University is in BKK isnt it, or one of them is anywayz? A gf of mine was moaning last week that her teacher said she had to get some plain black shoes, I coughed up @ the time, but thought she was full of it.

There was no mention of shirts or skirts tho. She went trottin off in the same tight shirt as always this morning, come to think of it the skirts been longer/looser the last week tho, it only makes it easier to pull up round the waist @ the end of the day tho :o

Well this really does reflect the Universities image.

Higher level learning is not about information, but about learning to

think for yourself.

Clearly the Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University has missed the point.

Very sad. :o

Edited by astral

I personally don't like the way they wear uniform, why? 'cause I don't think I'll be happy seeing my daughter(if I have one) dress like 'em.

When I first came down here 7years agoI thought all of them(girls in tight blouse and short skirt )were government funded whore-school students. :o

Well this really does reflect the Universities image.

or reflect the smallmindedness of some ill educateded peanut - so your daughter wants to pull her short skirt over her head for some motocy riding hotshot - som facking nam na , or are you her parent - yes blame every body/thing else ---- salesperson.....

Well as innocent as these upcountry Rajabhat girls look, escecially when compared with their more worldly Bangkok sisters, having spent a year amongst them as a peer I can assure you they are the same as college girls the world over.

Was quite an eye opener for me I can tell you when I earwigged a few of their conversations.........

I know a bar in Phuket where you can get these outfits ! ###### i miss this place !

Joey Boy,

Rajabhat MahaSarakham is in erm......Maha Sarakham!

There are Rajabhat's all over Thailand in quite a few provinces Bangkok included. They are a little like vocational colleges in the UK.

I used to have to walk past pockets of absolute darlings every morning......That was such a hard year.......

I know a teacher who taought at one of the girls high schools with their short tight skirts. When I met him, he had moved and was teaching at a monks university. He siad it was actually quite horrible looking at rows of white knees all day. He is married and over 50. It can't be nice.

Jumbo is right, I would not want a daughter of mine dressed like that at school, especially now I know that she would be leched at by you lot.

Joey Boy,

Rajabhat MahaSarakham is in erm......Maha Sarakham!

There are Rajabhat's all over Thailand in quite a few provinces Bangkok included. They are a little like vocational colleges in the UK.

I used to have to walk past pockets of absolute darlings every morning......That was such a hard year.......

so there a little better than ramk and not quite as good as chula? sort of a normal uni?? or a half assed poly?? :o

This is a catastrophe. Mark my words, this is the beginning. The authorities won't be happy until they're all wearing Bhurkas  :o

"Actually, I don't mind when katoey come to class dressed as women. It's when female students dress too casually and don't wear their uniforms to school that I'm really bothered." Suwanna, an English teacher at Chiang Mai University

The Katoey of Chiang Mai University, http://home.att.net/~leela2/roses.htm

I personally don't like the way they wear uniform, why? 'cause I don't think I'll be happy seeing my daughter(if I have one) dress like 'em.

When I first came down here 7years agoI thought all of them(girls in tight blouse and short skirt )were government funded whore-school students. :o

You are welcome to control your own daughter and others can decide what is best for theirs.

It's when goverment (and others) want to make moral- laws/codes that others are ment to follow that it really starts to stink.