Immigration Rules

If you stay at a hotel they will/should be doing a report. That is why they need your passport information at check-in. But from Post article today is seems some of the cheaper places may not be doing this on a regular basis. :o

If you stay at a hotel they will/should be doing a report. That is why they need your passport information at check-in. But from Post article today is seems some of the cheaper places may not be doing this on a regular basis. :o

The bigger hotels sure do do it as a matter of course.

Lopbur -- Not just hotels but anywhere you stay. I saw a list of Thai laws currently on the books that no one pays much attention to anymore. One of them says Thai nationals have to notify the police anytime a foreigner stays overnight in their homes.

Lopbur -- Not just hotels but anywhere you stay. I saw a list of Thai laws currently on the books that no one pays much attention to anymore. One of them says Thai nationals have to notify the police anytime a foreigner stays overnight in their homes.

Alas, that regulation is honoured in the breach by everyone.

Nobody does it CMT...I think it is a hidden precautionary thing. If they want you out, out you go.

All the more reason to take a little time to see how things work here. If you cross the wrong people, a 'legal' reason will be found to send you home...

Absolutely correct...and if they say you are in the wrong....guess what...you are very wrong :o