High Season Brings The Best People To Phuket!

Jimi007

I only hear of break ins around that area, muggings of tourists and rapes.

Maybe the land prices are going up but that's only due to the Russian influence that has swarmed into that area, not sure if that's good or bad.

Why is it when you look in the gazette, it's mainly filled with property in the Rawai and nai harn area?

Many offering large reductions off the original asking price.

Many are on those dusty dirt sois with no infrastructure.

I know many defend their land purchase but anyone who thinks Rawai isn't the capital of crime in Phuket are delusional.

What a load of codswallop there are a lot more Russians in Chalong than there are in Rawai

The reason why they advertise in the PG is because long term expats prefer to live in the area and the PG

is a english language newspaper which the majority of people read

We do not live on dusty dirty Sois with no infrasture all the services are available here that are in Kata

When i lived in Kathu my home was broken into, when i lived in Kata the apartment owners motorbike

was stolen and scrapped, In Chalong 2 houses were broken into in the same Soi

You really no nothing about Rawai so why do you keep bashing it, but there again you seem to like

bashing everyone and everything you are just a troll that does not have a clue

You have taken over from a few others i could mention but cannot

I know Rawai, I eat there frequently but you can't ignore the problems down there.

I know you have vested interests in real estate but save the bullshit stories for the unsuspecting buyers, not a long time resident who have friends who have lived and left there.

I guess you have that little self funded tourist bored expat police station in nai harn now so you can point how safe it is when trying to flip a property.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Rawai, I eat there frequently but you can't ignore the problems down there.

I know you have vested interests in real estate but save the bullshit stories for the unsuspecting buyers, not a long time resident who have friends who have lived and left there.

I guess you have that little self funded tourist bored expat police station in nai harn now so you can point how safe it is when trying to flip a property.

What codswallop again, We own a house in Rawai which i have no intention of selling

The house was rented at 42K a month so it is no hovel

All the problems you see are in your head

you are just a troll that does not have a clue

Exactly Peter, and that is why KB said: taken the bait and hooked.

Why should anyone who does not have a clue about Rawai be allowed to post such rubbish about a area

and the people who live there

He reminds me of the phone stalkers in the old days but now they are on the Internet

Go back 10-15 years ago Rawai was indeed God's waiting room, but over the years demographics have started to change. Around the corner from me a French guy paid 60 million for his land (1.8 rai) and is building a 1500 sq metre house at a cost of 110 million. There are indeed some upscale properties in the area along with some not so upscale places, so the area can't be generalized by an " it's for old guys and their bar girls" slogan.

you are just a troll that does not have a clue

Exactly Peter, and that is why KB said: taken the bait and hooked.

Why should anyone who does not have a clue about Rawai be allowed to post such rubbish about a area

and the people who live there

He reminds me of the phone stalkers in the old days but now they are on the Internet

And you replying seriously only gives him more opportunities.

So right since when did a police station stop crime in Phuket

I have not heard of anyone having a crime committed against them in the 8 months we have lived here

Every other area i have lived in has more criminals and crime

A young women was knocked off her bike and killed not so long ago in a bag snatch....now all the posters here know full well what bar she worked at and what bar she was partying at before it happened...bag snatches and motorbike theft is rife in that area, another woman I know got knocked off her bike down on the wichit road in Rawaii a week ago also.....plus I would say its where a lot of the drugs are you only have to read the papers...and if you cant see it well then there is not much more I can say. Police stations do help slightly, I dont see drug dealers hanging out at Chalong Circle...and Im pretty sure there aint many bag snatches there

Yeah I had to laugh when I saw that little outpost there, No doubt its some expat paying the rent himself and trying to establish himself as the Or Bor Tor down there. No way the Royal Thai Police would be putting their hand in their kick for that.laugh.gif

A young women was knocked off her bike and killed not so long ago in a bag snatch....now all the posters here know full well what bar she worked at and what bar she was partying at before it happened...bag snatches and motorbike theft is rife in that area, another woman I know got knocked off her bike down on the wichit road in Rawaii a week ago also.....plus I would say its where a lot of the drugs are you only have to read the papers...and if you cant see it well then there is not much more I can say. Police stations do help slightly, I dont see drug dealers hanging out at Chalong Circle...and Im pretty sure there aint many bag snatches there

There's crime everywhere, but it doesn't get reported in a crime ridden area. On the other hand, when there isn't much crime, anything that happens will cause a stir.

Suggest you report it to the police so there is a record at least.

Hope the police in your area are more pro-active than mine.

House was robbed a year ago (new lap-top computer and wide-screen monitor taken). Neighbor saw the guy and ID'd him. Because of a previous theft on our soi by the same guy, we know where he lives (his motorbike license was traced to his girlfriend who ID'd him also).

Although we have witnesses, we reported the crime to the police, we know the thief, and we know where he lives, he continues to go un-prosecuted. Most of my neighbors suspect that this social leech continues his "career" because the police get a cut of the proceeds, a common problem in our area. sad.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

It does not matter were you live,a theif is a theif,most of them are looking for an oppertunity,i have lived in Karon ,kata, and Rawai and Chalong, i am probably lucky,i have only been robbed once and that was in Rawai,but that was my fault,i forgot to lock my door and my laptop was stolen,my fault...you have to take care...there are more thefts in the UK THAN HERE, You only have to look at the thefts in Liverpool,those scouse theives, make Phuket a dream place compared to there :ph34r:

Better to turn your dog lose on people whose lives are so pathetic, and who make no difference in the world, that they need to go on the internet to try to piss people off to get a reaction just to prove they exists. I suppose that is better than them continuing living in Perth or Manchester, in their mothers house, getting their @$#%# kicked every day by random strangers...

Oh, I see..........all trolls lead pathetic lives, they live in Perth, or, Manchester and they probably have bite-marks on their legs because people set dogs on them.

If I had your level of clairvoyance, I'd be rich.

Do you live a pathetic life and do people set there dogs on you :)

Oh, I see..........all trolls lead pathetic lives, they live in Perth, or, Manchester and they probably have bite-marks on their legs because people set dogs on them.

If I had your level of clairvoyance, I'd be rich.

Do you live a pathetic life and do people set there dogs on you :)

Oh yes.............all the time (spoken with a broad Mancunian accent).

There are bag snatches all over the island, it was not that long ago that there was a bag snatch on the beach road in PATONG

the person involved was either seriously injured or died

Anyone riding a bike with there bag slung over there shoulder is asking for trouble, same everywhere in any country

Well there is no real police station there... so the crime rate is higher in Rawaii than most other southern parts of Phuket

Meh its mostly the south aspect. Criminals are known to go south. Most southern countries have heavy crimes. Southern us states are the worst, south thailand (nakhon sri tamarat and the muslim provinces under) etc etc. So it makes sense that south phuket is the most criminal. the south path is programmed into evil people's brain just like birds fly halfway around the world every year.

Gotta say id prefer to live in rawai if it wasnt dog and crime infested just for the open spaces/beach/lack of traffic while still being close to phuket town and civilization unlike the northern part of the island

Edited by thaiIand

There are bag snatches all over the island, it was not that long ago that there was a bag snatch on the beach road in PATONG

the person involved was either seriously injured or died

Anyone riding a bike with there bag slung over there shoulder is asking for trouble, same everywhere in any country

So am I very lucky, I have my little bag slung over my shoulder every where I go including riding the bike, never felt threatened in 2 1/2 years!!

Well there is no real police station there... so the crime rate is higher in Rawaii than most other southern parts of Phuket

Meh its mostly the south aspect. Criminals are known to go south. Most southern countries have heavy crimes. Southern us states are the worst, south thailand (nakhon sri tamarat and the muslim provinces under) etc etc. So it makes sense that south phuket is the most criminal. the south path is programmed into evil people's brain just like birds fly halfway around the world every year.

Gotta say id prefer to live in rawai if it wasnt dog and crime infested just for the open spaces/beach/lack of traffic while still being close to phuket town and civilization unlike the northern part of the island

Its quite plain to me you do not live in Rawai or visit often

I have yet to see anyone who lives here posting the area is crime infested in this topic

Even jimi007 who started this topic found out the man was just after banana leaves and not trying to break into his house

Its quite plain to me you do not live in Rawai or visit often

I have yet to see anyone who lives here posting the area is crime infested in this topic

Even jimi007 who started this topic found out the man was just after banana leaves and not trying to break into his house

I have lived in Patong,Kathu and now Chalong, I always Carry my man bag over my shoulder every where I go including Rawai many many times, I have never personally seen any crime,of course it exists I have just never seen any!!

I have lived in Patong,Kathu and now Chalong, I always Carry my man bag over my shoulder every where I go including Rawai many many times, I have never personally seen any crime,of course it exists I have just never seen any!!

Much safer to put you bag under your bike seat or you may become a statistic

Better to turn your dog lose on people whose lives are so pathetic, and who make no difference in the world, that they need to go on the internet to try to piss people off to get a reaction just to prove they exists. I suppose that is better than them continuing living in Perth or Manchester, in their mothers house, getting their @$#%# kicked every day by random strangers...

Are you capable of understanding the irony of your post? :wacko:

555 Bags, you haven't lost your touch... :lol:

555 Bags, you haven't lost your touch... :lol:

Whats this 555 nonsense, i have only seen it on another forum before where the main topics seem to be bars and bar girls :whistling: