Tot Forgets To Renew Their Domain Name

smiling mantis

As I am using TOT right now, I think I get to say that they should never have been given this name in the first place.

tot.co.th is still up, but all of their internet links point to tothispeed.com, so maybe now with a brief respite from new signups I might see the magic 400Kbps number! Gonna download me some mp3's and have a party! Woot!

Sure enough....their links to www.tothispeed.com don't work....says the website license expired on 2 Dec 11. I've seen a similar thing happen several times on TOT's speedtester at "speedtest1.totbb.net" where the speedtester application will not run because it says its license is expired. Normally it stays expires for several days before TOT fixes the problem (i.e., pays the bill).

Guess TOT better go put some more 10 baht coins in their website renewal machine....or hire someone who can remember to put the 10 baht coins in before the website license expires.

• 2 weeks later...

They got the domain name renewed, and just in time for me to amend my earlier comment... turns out my speed problem was in the building, not the fault of TOT, and yet the guy they sent out to fix the problem demonstrated what could only be described as dogged determination to get to the root of the problem and fix it. A very impressive performance.

They got the domain name renewed, and just in time for me to amend my earlier comment... turns out my speed problem was in the building, not the fault of TOT, and yet the guy they sent out to fix the problem demonstrated what could only be described as dogged determination to get to the root of the problem and fix it. A very impressive performance.

You were very fortunate, as TOT's responsibility ends at the entry point into the building. Here at my condo, 3 times my line has been compromised by the management, but each time I got a friendly TOT tech to help out and so I was lucky too.