Renewal Of Thai Passport For Daughter

Siamesepiggster

Hi,

I hope that this is the correct forum to post this.

My 6 year old daughter's first Thai passport is about to expire. She lives permanently with me in Bkk. I have been recognised as her legal father by a Thai court & have copies of the court judgement. I have not however been given sole custody.

Her Thai mother has re-married and has lived abroad for some time.

1) What paperwork do I need as a Farang father when I apply for a new Thai passport for her?

2) Where is the Thai passport office location in Bangkok?

3) Does my daughter need to go along to the passport office as well?

Any accurate advice (not guesswork and opinion) very much appreciated. Many thanks.

You neeed permission from the mother to get a passport for your daughter. She doe not have to avccompany you, but can sign a declaration at the Thai embassy in the country she resides.

You daughter needs to accompany you, as they will take her picture etc.

Details on a passport application for a minor are here: www.mfa.go.th Look for THai passport (the site is often down outside of workhours)

Bangkok has 3 passport office.

1. is at the consular section at Chiang Wattana Road, a buillding just before immirgation. You went there to certify your embassy letter to get married).

The webiste mentions two other offices, 1 in Pinklao and one in Bangna.

You neeed permission from the mother to get a passport for your daughter. She doe not have to avccompany you, but can sign a declaration at the Thai embassy in the country she resides.

You daughter needs to accompany you, as they will take her picture etc.

Details on a passport application for a minor are here: www.mfa.go.th Look for THai passport (the site is often down outside of workhours)

Bangkok has 3 passport office.

1. is at the consular section at Chiang Wattana Road, a buillding just before immirgation. You went there to certify your embassy letter to get married).

The webiste mentions two other offices, 1 in Pinklao and one in Bangna.

Mario,

Many thanks for your reply.

I was never married to the mother by the way.

1) Assuming that I can get the mother to go to a Thai embassy to sign a declaration, what other documents do I need? I only have uncertified photocopies of Tabien baan, birth certificate, but have original Thai passport. I also have court judgement document recognising me as legal father.

2) What is the normal processing time for renewing a passport, as we need to travel on 17th of this month?

Many thanks once again.

Thai passport application for under 15 years old:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php?id=3167

The webiste is often down so I have copied it.

Applicants under the age of 15

• Rules for applicants under the age of 15
    • Applicants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by parents or a legal guardian.
      If parents cannot appear, at least one parent must accompany the child when
      applying for an e- passport.

e-Passport applications submitted in Bangkok

- Both parents can accompany the child to apply for an e-Passport and sign the parental consent form.

or

- One parent must accompany the child to apply for an e-Passport. The other parent can appear and sign the parental consent form when he/she picks-up the e-Passport.

or

- One parent must accompany the child, signs the parental consent form, and submits a notarized consent letter of the non-appearing parent.

e-Passport applications submitted outside of Bangkok

- Both parents can accompany the child to apply for an e-Passport and sign the parental consent form.

or

- One parent accompanies the child, signs the parental consent form, and submits a notarized consent letter of the non-appearing parent.

Notes :

- If necessary, both parents who cannot accompany the applicant under the age of 15 to apply for an e-passport, may designate a representative to do on their behalf.

A representative is required to submit additional documents as follows :

(1) a letter of Authorization from the applicant’s parents giving he/she the authority to sign a parental consent form in front of the Passport Office’s authorized personnel

(2) a parental consent letter signed by the applicant’s non-appearing parents

(3) original Citizenship I.D. Cards of the applicant’s parents

(4) the representative’s Citizenship I.D.Card (original document)

- A parental consent letter and a letter of Authorization must be notarized by the Thai district registration office or the Thai embassy / consulate–general abroad.

• If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’.

• If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, the father of the applicant cannot sign the parental consent form alone unless there is a court order
      granting sole guardianship to the father.

• If the applicant’s parents were divorced or did not live together, a parent who is present to sign the parental consent form will need to bring the memorandum of divorce
      proving sole custody of the appearing parent.

• If the applicant’s birth parents had officially given up the applicant for adoption, they cannot sign the parental consent form on behalf of the adoptive parents.

• Required documents must be original or must be certified or notarized by the district office or agency that issued the documents<BR clear=all>

• Documents required for applicants under the age of 15
    • Birth Certificate or a certified copy from the applicant’s district office
    • House Registration
    • Parents or legal guardian’s Citizenship I.D. Card or the other identification card which complies to the rules of the Ministry of Interior
    • A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent
    • Other relevant documents such as
      • Change of Name or Surname Certificate
      • Adoption/Legal Guardianship Certificate
      • Divorce Certificate
      • Divorce’s memorandum certifying sole custody of the appearing parent
      • Death Certificate of non-appearing parent
      • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-appearing parent
      • Alien Certificate of the applicant’s parents

[*]Application fee

• e-Passport application fee : 1,000 Baht
    • postage service (EMS) fee : 35 Baht