Live-In Thai Girlfriend

cigar7

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calling HER a live-in, and having sex, makes HER a live-in, live out, in, out, in out, hop-on, hop-off. My old Boss in Bangkok ,who run a jewelry store, warned me of having sex with the staff, as this would be deadly for the team-psyche in the factory. He suggested I must always take a GF from outside. Clever guy. A maid who visits you , does your laundry and cleanup, dusting and cooking, should be paid somewhat around the $$$ you mentioned. If you keep calling your cook/maid/duster/delivery maid/ your GIRLFRIEND, then she will sooner or later make clear how high she rates herself. The more pretty and young, the less your 10 K will be enough supplement. You can expect a lady in the forties to take care of you in your dreamed up manner. If you have lived with your Mum all the time before you moved to Thailand, I fully understand your point of view, you need help in your house and around, and at the same time the Maid must also be the sex-partner. Did you have sex with your Mum, i ask ?

Look, a lot of people on this forum won't hesitate to call you names . . . Why not just find a nice person who likes living with you, sharing your time, she will do what she thinks is essential and needed in a household, depending on her own upbringing. The less educated she is, the less she will have adopted to a western-style housekeeping. You gotta visit her hometown and find out where she is from and how her upbringing was, then you will understand how much you can ask from her in matters of help vs support. The pocket-money here is called "SUPPORT FOR MY FAMILY" as for all the above the term pocket money is unknown in these premises. Money is money for a living, Thai don't care how you call it.

Do you want a Girlfriend, or do you want a "Slave" ? A "Slave" is cheap here, something around 6000 BHT will do, but if you dare to ask your slave for sex, you will sooner or later find the XXXX being thrown your way from the fan . . . . All these people here have their own pride, don't you forget. You would not do this in your homecountry for long . . . . blues guaranteed . . . !

Your point is well taken, it is a tribute to Thai culture, most Asians culture in fact that the wives are responsible for finances.

However the OT is about a girlfriend who is essentially acting as consort. To ask how much she should be paid, ( and that is the question ) is, in my view akin to discussing the details of prostitution and thus actually against forum rules. Honestly though let the P- whips congregate in another sub forum addition and stop polluting the General forums with details, whinings and musings of their paid for sex partners/maids.

I talk to a lot of thai people and Chinese living here in Thailand and it appears the norm for the husband to give the wife all or a large portion of his income monthly. I know one Thai man in Nonthaburi gave his wife 125,000 baht a month and that was 15 years ago. Both are well educated and from good families. I feel there are a lot ill informed foreigners here about thai culture.

I have also heard if a married thai man who works for the government is not giving money to his wife monthly she can go to the government office of his employment and have a percentage deducted from his monthly wage and given to her for the household.

So to judge foreigner and thai marriages poorly because this is done here in Thailand is pure ignorance in my eyes.

This is just my personal feeling on this. But here goes.

Two adults living together no matter what their background, be it bargirl or accountant , I personally consider them the same as married.In Canada it is called common-law marriage . So even on the international level a couple together is considered to be in some form commitment. Thus I feel according to the culture of the nation of residence the couple relates as married and acts according, to the culture that surrounds them. There for men here give the woman in residence money every month. regardless of her past employment.Over here there are even 3 kinds of marriages I know of. The amphur is one , the temple is another and the village is another. A simple party at home inviting friends and family here can be considered a marriage.

Fully agreed !! Expectations into such a live-in form , perfectly made a point.

they are not girlfriends, they are staff & are being paid accordingly. The rate, like most in house staff is variable depending on the generosity & or desperation of the employer & the expectation & or desperation of the employee. :rolleyes:

Very politely said :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, the background of these live-in girlfriends are:

1. Ms. X quit her condo sales person job in Bangkok and moved to Pattaya to live with my friend. She only does house work now. She was 24, he was 54. They have been living together for 3 years now. He pays her 10k a month. He owns the condo.

2. Ms. Y, was living in Pattaya and working as a clothing shop sales person. She is 38 and he is 68. After 4 years of living together, she now works in her own clothing store. He gives her 200-300b a day, which she uses to buy food for the condo and other things. Note that he lives in her condo, and she pays, the water, electricity and condo fee.

3. Ms. Z came to Pattaya on a holiday. She is 19 and he is 42. She only does house work and has never had a real job. These 2 have been together for 1 year now. He owns the condo. She gets 1K a week.

After reading all of the posts to this point, I still continue to describe her as a girlfriend, because that is how both people in each of the relationships label the woman.

I am truly astonished that some people think that western values, definitions and customs apply in Thailand. My understanding is that it is Thai custom to give your live-in GF/wife money. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Thank you for some direct answers to the original question. Can anyone else provide compensation values?

Edited by cigar7

1. Ms. X quit her condo sales person job in Bangkok and moved to Pattaya to live with my friend. She only does house work now. She was 24, he was 54. They have been living together for 3 years now. He pays her 10k a month. He owns the condo.

2. Ms. Y, was living in Pattaya and working as a clothing shop sales person. She is 38 and he is 68. After 4 years of living together, she now works in her own clothing store. He gives her 200-300b a day, which she uses to buy food for the condo and other things. Note that he lives in her condo, and she pays, the water, electricity and condo fee.

3. Ms. Z came to Pattaya on a holiday. She is 19 and he is 42. She only does house work and has never had a real job. These 2 have been together for 1 year now. He owns the condo. She gets 1K a week.

After reading all of the posts to this point, I still continue to describe her as a girlfriend, because that is how both people in each of the relationships label the woman.

I am truly astonished that some people think that western values, definitions and customs apply in Thailand. My understanding is that it is Thai custom to give your live-in GF/wife money. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Thank you for some direct answers to the original question. Can anyone else provide compensation values?

You are correct, "I am truly astonished that some people think that western values, definitions and customs apply in Thailand." they dont.

"My understanding is that it is Thai custom to give your live-in GF/wife money. Please correct me if this is wrong." Your understanding is wrong.

From the age ranges you give, 1, 30 year age difference, 2 again 30 years, 3 23 years age difference.

I have never repeat never seen Thai men and women with these age differences, unless of course we are talking about an older man sponsoring a Uni student.

"that is how both people in each of the relationships label the woman." You had better read up on face, the lady doesnt want to lose face by admitting to what she actually is, the farang is too shy embarassed to admit he has to pay for a woman.

If I were you I would change the company I keep.

You are correct, "I am truly astonished that some people think that western values, definitions and customs apply in Thailand." they dont.

"My understanding is that it is Thai custom to give your live-in GF/wife money. Please correct me if this is wrong." Your understanding is wrong.

From the age ranges you give, 1, 30 year age difference, 2 again 30 years, 3 23 years age difference.

I have never repeat never seen Thai men and women with these age differences, unless of course we are talking about an older man sponsoring a Uni student.

"that is how both people in each of the relationships label the woman." You had better read up on face, the lady doesnt want to lose face by admitting to what she actually is, the farang is too shy embarassed to admit he has to pay for a woman.

If I were you I would change the company I keep.

Really< I have seen plenty and also personally know a few older Thau guys with younger girls.

But the girls are usually late 20's or early 30's though from my experience.

Absolutely correct to look it up from Thai point of view, not from western standards. As I mentioned before, beauty and self esteem rules the price for such a go-together. Concubinism has a long history all over Asia . . .

For clarifiication purposes, I can only comment on my own situation.

No sin sot paid or asked for, in fact the MIL was aghast at the mere thought of it, she didnt want to lose face by having others think she was some sort of mamasan.

Agree with the above, when my wife was my g/f no money changed hands, my wife was working and earned her own money, what she does with it is no concern of mine.

Now after marrying, my wife still works and has her own money, again what she does with it is no concern of mine.

I have never heard a sick buffalo story, papa need heart transplant or brother stay monkey house story.

We have 3 bank accounts, my wifes, mine and a household one, the wife or I will draw money from the household account to pay bills as and when.

We dont keep a diary or ledgers, if the household account needs topping up, sometimes I will pay money in, other times the wife will pay money in.

Why should he dole out every single satang, is the woman incapable of contributing?

generally thai couples of a similar age/income both contribute to the household by working, the women is not given a "salary" but dependent on who earns the most that partner will take on the lion share of the expenses, this is not a western invention but a global situation. If she stops work to have children then she will be supported but there are very few housewives anywhere anymore, some women will take time out from work to raise children but they aren't housewives & generally will return to work once the children are grown but if the "child" they are taking care of is an adult male then maybe her job never ends until he is dead or trades her in for a newer staff member.

:)

We have basically the same history and same arrangement with my gf. But we have no kids.

For friends who have kids, the wife usually takes one year unpaid leave after birth. Then, unless they have family members who can help, usually the grand parents, the mother stop working until the kids are in primary school because they prefer to have the kids raised by their mother instead of an uneducated maid. In this case either the wife receive an allowance (salary?) to run the house or is issued an additional credit card on her husband account. Nothing revolutionary or exotic here, it was the arrangement my parents had when my siblings and I were growing up. And back home my siblings who have kids have the same arrangement as well.

And didn't most of the posters thus far come from families where the husband worked and the wife took care of their home and wasn't she provided with money by him, the difference between what the OP and I describe being a marriage ceremony and a piece of paper! Detractors should get a life and throw fewer stones, desperation and mirrors spring to mind.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I have lived my girlfriend for a tad over four years and I pay her an amount of money every month, out of this she buys food for us, pays some of the bills and, the realization that she will probably live longer than me, pays into an investment bond. We have travelled throughout Asia as well as The UK and Europe.

I was married in The UK and gave my wife an allowance every month, this was called house keeping, so no difference really.

I know I am happy and content as, I suspect, is my good lady. As with all succesful relationships, we are both winners.

I also admired the post by 'chiang mai' - that's exactly right, there is little tangible difference, perception is everything. I'm at the age (40s) where it seem like a spate of my school mates are suddenly getting divorced and the old saying about prostitutes 'sticking around until the money runs out' is proving to be equally applicable to all women. I know there's a financial aspect to every relationship but some of my mates from back home have found that a change in their economic situation has proven too tumultuous for their wife to 'bear'. The old 'til death do us part' works fine for women only when it suits them.

have you thought about it from the other side? Most men (especially those related in any ways to thailand) let themselves go extremely hard as they get older. Let's say they scored good and had a 7-8/10 wife. And that she stills looks pretty decent, does cook well and is educated/fun to be with. Why would she stay with a fat balding couch potato wearing sweat pants with holes when hes not at work? I personally told mine that if she gets fat and stops taking care of herself i will leave her no matter how much i like her, its a principle. I will always try to take care of myself to counter the farts and burps and i expect the same untill at least the 70's.

I have some friends who have a live-in Thai girlfriend. My understanding is that is customary to provide an allowance, pocket money or a stipend to one's live-in Thai girlfriend.

My friends, who all live in Pattaya, give their GF any where from 1K per week to 10k per month, plus they provide all food, drinks, entertainment and medical care. They occassionally take her for short trips to Koh Sami, her village and other places. She basically takes care of him, cleans the condo daily, cooks and shops, if required, and of course, keeps him happy in bed. She uses her stipend for makeup, clothes and gifts to her parents. Most of the GFs don't work outside of the home, but some do.

I'd love to have a live-in Thai GF. What are other guys doing for their live-in Thai girlfriends?

Your friends are all NUTS do they do this with a girlfriend in their own country?

In my own country i wouldn't get a 25 year old to stay with me a 58 year old. I pay mine 10,000 baht a month plus her food, trips etc.

The title is " Live in girlfriend..". You claim to think is not about a live in girlfriend[. I submit , yes it is about a live in girlfriend as that is the title, " Live in girlfriend"

Perhaps you mean it is a euphemism for prostitiute? I would agee and add the terms are almost entirely interchangable regarding sex pats and their Thai " girlfriends", 99.9&% of whom would not go anywhere near a " farang" if he weren't offering monetary gains.

Let's discuss the hypocrisy of western men finding it soooooooo charming within Thai woman- this habit of whoring, but not so much in western women. Does it go to a genetic order of men needing to impregnate foreigners in order to conquer? They certainly don't seem to care how many kids are running around, 4,5,6 even 10, I've heard. Not to mention the families abandoned back home.

What is most worrying is these men are sprouting daughters to be just like Mom with absolutely no self- reliance and a propensity for prostituting themselves.

..Snippet In the situation the OP details I do not believe the girl is a live in "Girlfriend".

Patrick

So why is it titled " Live in girlfriend" then ?

I did not compose the Title, nor can or would I change it - I can only comment upon it.

Comprehension is not your strong point obviously!

Patrick

Edited by TigerWan

Let's discuss the hypocrisy of western men finding it soooooooo charming within Thai woman- this habit of whoring, but not so much in western women.

I think it's more to do with economics than hypocrisy.

If western women would whore themselves for the same price as Thai women then I'm sure plenty of western men would find western women irresistable :D

• Like 1

The title is " Live in girlfriend..". You claim to think is not about a live in girlfriend[. I submit , yes it is about a live in girlfriend as that is the title, " Live in girlfriend"

Perhaps you mean it is a euphemism for prostitiute? I would agee and add the terms are almost entirely interchangable regarding sex pats and their Thai " girlfriends", 99.9&% of whom would not go anywhere near a " farang" if he weren't offering monetary gains.

..Snippet In the situation the OP details I do not believe the girl is a live in "Girlfriend".

Patrick

So why is it titled " Live in girlfriend" then ?

I did not compose the Title, nor can or would I change it - I can only comment upon it.

Comprehension is not your strong point obviously!

Patrick

Clearly you do not understand the connotation, the reason I wrote "Girlfriend" - i.e. in inverted commas - in my Post.

As I said, comprehension problems - but rather strangely you use inverted commas - "Girlfriends" - in your own response, indicating that you are aware of the usage of the punctuation device!

Patrick

So I Love Lucy, The Mrs from the Brady Bunch, and I Dream of Jeannie were all House Ho's !@#$%^&*

Get it in the right perspective. A Housewife or live in that does not work are all House wives and should not be considered anything less than that.

To treat them with any less respect is a bad trait falling back on the Hubby/Boyfriend that treats them like a personal Ho :rolleyes:

In perspective, it does take money to lifve etc. Would it be different if you lady in the west asked for money or help with personal and family issues ?

"IF" the "little woman" has proven to be no good, then should be divorced or told to leave.

If you Treat your woman like a Ho, you will get treated back the same as a Mangda by your gal.

Edited by KimoMax

Laughable.......work.....work...work.

If the husband/boyfriend can easily support a lifestyle of having his girlfriend/wife around all the time to take care of the houshold tasks/children

If the girlfriend/wife has no stress that goes with fulltime employment and can fulfil all his sexual needs on a daily basis

Why would he consider sending her out to work? To prove to the neighbours she is not a kept woman?

Working wives/girlfriends....if no additional income is required....why?

Edited by 473geo

Your friends are all NUTS do they do this with a girlfriend in their own country?

I used to have girlfriends in my own country and depending upon who was working or not working at the time we did take care of eachother financially.

The implication in this thread is they aint ever working, which strikes me as odd

Aint ever working. Takes care of him? cleaning daily ? cooking? shopping? looks after him in bed? Sometimes all for Bt1,000 a week, more like slave labour. Maybe they should get job on a building site as well?

jb1

I understand you are arguing about the argument the OT is not about a " girlfriend " even though the title clearly states girlfriend but choose to insert dialogue about comma usage instead of just agreeing -that she is a paid prostitute.

Clearly you do not understand the connotation, the reason I wrote "Girlfriend" - i.e. in inverted commas - in my Post.

As I said, comprehension problems - but rather strangely you use inverted commas - "Girlfriends" - in your own response, indicating that you are aware of the usage of the punctuation device!

Patrick

Thank you. I agree and empathize with the women. The men procuring their services are beyond the realm of sexists and have moved into totally enslaving them.

It is disgusting. How these threads are not a discussion on the details of prostitution I don't see, .

But.. since TV is now aggressively running a prominent and most obnoxious ad for Devils Den which advertises" escorts" aka prostitutes, and

one sub- forum has and ad pic for what really appears to be a quite young female teenager " Push Me " ad, I guess it really is acceptable on the forum.

I used to have girlfriends in my own country and depending upon who was working or not working at the time we did take care of eachother financially.

The implication in this thread is they aint ever working, which strikes me as odd

Aint ever working. Takes care of him? cleaning daily ? cooking? shopping? looks after him in bed? Sometimes all for Bt1,000 a week, more like slave labour. Maybe they should get job on a building site as well?

jb1

If the guy(s) don't mind her not working and have enough money to support her who are we to judge?

ThaiVisa members are Judge , Jury and executioners so often, they seem to live totally different lives to the vast majority of expats I know and have known for over 20 years.

I have never met many Farangs that have no knowledge of the bar scene, have never paid for sex, are all married to professional independently wealthy Thai women 20 - 30 years their junior, yet on this forum it seems to be the norm !

What singles out ThaiVisa members for preferential treatment when it comes to eductated Thai women from powerful influential families, why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??

Or do people on anonymous forums tell lies ? :)

You need to remember that nearly a quarter of all Thaivisa members are U.S. dollar millionaires

You need to remember that nearly a quarter of all Thaivisa members are U.S. dollar millionaires

Not very difficult, if you consider the net worth of a pension.

If an expat has the minimum pension for retirement visa of 65000 Bt/ approx 2000$/month and he lives 25 years, this pension alone has a net worth of 600,000$.

Sell your house at home and have some modest savings and you have a Million.

While probably some people in this "Poll" have just made some fun (25% seems high), I'm quite sure 10% of TV members or Thai expats do have these funds.

A millionaire isn't what it used to be.