Live-In Thai Girlfriend

cigar7

Just google "paul mccartney divorce" and you will learn what a live-in GF can cost in the West.

Western civilizations sure know how to legalize stuff. That one is just another example of robbery much alike to legalized corruption for example in the US.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the guy(s) don't mind her not working and have enough money to support her who are we to judge?

ThaiVisa members are Judge , Jury and executioners so often, they seem to live totally different lives to the vast majority of expats I know and have known for over 20 years.

I have never met many Farangs that have no knowledge of the bar scene, have never paid for sex, are all married to professional independently wealthy Thai women 20 - 30 years their junior, yet on this forum it seems to be the norm !

What singles out ThaiVisa members for preferential treatment when it comes to eductated Thai women from powerful influential families, why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??

Or do people on anonymous forums tell lies ? :)

Or maybe your circle of friends is kind of restricted.

I started a thread about this subject a while ago. Oil and water don't mix. If you gf is a bar girl, you're never going to be invited by the expats who live a "normal" life. It's kind of two parallel universes.

It seems Thai Visa is a special place where these two universes meet.

PS : It's not that these expats have no knowledge of the bar scene, it's just that what is in the bar stay in the bar.

Edited by JurgenG

I have never met many Farangs that have no knowledge of the bar scene, have never paid for sex, are all married to professional independently wealthy Thai women 20 - 30 years their junior, yet on this forum it seems to be the norm !

What singles out ThaiVisa members for preferential treatment when it comes to eductated Thai women from powerful influential families, why are these women so attracted to these men, what is the secret ??

Maybe you are reading impaired.

Many people here at Thaivisa discuss openly that they have a BG as wife or GF. It is just one part of the reality. Others don't have BGs.

And there are lots of educated Thai women with farang BF/husband.

The world is diverse.

And didn't most of the posters thus far come from families where the husband worked and the wife took care of their home and wasn't she provided with money by him, the difference between what the OP and I describe being a marriage ceremony and a piece of paper! Detractors should get a life and throw fewer stones, desperation and mirrors spring to mind.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I have lived my girlfriend for a tad over four years and I pay her an amount of money every month, out of this she buys food for us, pays some of the bills and, the realization that she will probably live longer than me, pays into an investment bond. We have travelled throughout Asia as well as The UK and Europe.

I was married in The UK and gave my wife an allowance every month, this was called house keeping, so no difference really.

I know I am happy and content as, I suspect, is my good lady. As with all succesful relationships, we are both winners.

I think girlfriend may be the wrong choice of word.

Mia Chow

Not the term I would have used, but apt enough in this case.

Actually "Mia Chow" เมียเช่า - meaning Hired Wife - is quite precise.

By no means intending to stigmatise anyone but in the 60's and early 70's exactly such arrangements were common in Thailand - and elsewhere in the Region I am sure - between relatively long term, locally based Servicemen or Expatriates and local girls.

Usually there was never any implication that the relationship was intended to be long lasting; much less was it expected to eventually develop into marriage, it was simply a convenient way for both the man and the woman to exchange financial compensation, companionship and Maid type duties tied in with sexual services.

There were obvious advantages on both sides - for the man and woman - but neither pretended it was more than it was.

In the situation the OP details I do not believe the girl is a live in "Girlfriend".

Patrick

Housewifes in perfect usa year 1960 would not get an allowance, they would ask the man of the house for what they wanted. That's how an housewife work, not with an allowance.

Topics goes well with the closed thread from yesterday, the guy with his bargirl wife.

I talk to a lot of thai people and Chinese living here in Thailand and it appears the norm for the husband to give the wife all or a large portion of his income monthly. I know one Thai man in Nonthaburi gave his wife 125,000 baht a month and that was 15 years ago. Both are well educated and from good families. I feel there are a lot ill informed foreigners here about thai culture.

I have also heard if a married thai man who works for the government is not giving money to his wife monthly she can go to the government office of his employment and have a percentage deducted from his monthly wage and given to her for the household.

So to judge foreigner and thai marriages poorly because this is done here in Thailand is pure ignorance in my eyes.

In many cases, men and women in these types of relationships can be perfectly happy but, if/when the readies run out, so does the payee.

From examples I've seen, both are typically somewhat er . . . "aesthetically challenged" with very few options elsewhere anyway so <deleted>, let 'em be.

Your point is well taken, it is a tribute to Thai culture, most Asians culture in fact that the wives are responsible for finances.

However the OT is about a girlfriend who is essentially acting as consort. To ask how much she should be paid, ( and that is the question ) is, in my view akin to discussing the details of prostitution and thus actually against forum rules. Honestly though let the P- whips congregate in another sub forum addition and stop polluting the General forums with details, whinings and musings of their paid for sex partners/maids.

I talk to a lot of thai people and Chinese living here in Thailand and it appears the norm for the husband to give the wife all or a large portion of his income monthly. I know one Thai man in Nonthaburi gave his wife 125,000 baht a month and that was 15 years ago. Both are well educated and from good families. I feel there are a lot ill informed foreigners here about thai culture.

I have also heard if a married thai man who works for the government is not giving money to his wife monthly she can go to the government office of his employment and have a percentage deducted from his monthly wage and given to her for the household.

So to judge foreigner and thai marriages poorly because this is done here in Thailand is pure ignorance in my eyes.

However the OT is about a girlfriend who is essentially acting as consort. To ask how much she should be paid, ( and that is the question ) is, in my view akin to discussing the details of prostitution and thus actually against forum rules.

Since nobody has answered the question we're still ok I guess. :)

If the guy(s) don't mind her not working and have enough money to support her who are we to judge?

ThaiVisa members are Judge , Jury and executioners so often, they seem to live totally different lives to the vast majority of expats I know and have known for over 20 years.

Pleased to meet you, ive never done any of the above. ps fact is often stranger than fiction

..Snippet In the situation the OP details I do not believe the girl is a live in "Girlfriend".

Patrick

So why is it titled " Live in girlfriend" then ?

I did not compose the Title, nor can or would I change it - I can only comment upon it.

Comprehension is not your strong point obviously!

Patrick

..Snippet In the situation the OP details I do not believe the girl is a live in "Girlfriend".

Patrick

So why is it titled " Live in girlfriend" then ?

I did not compose the Title, nor can or would I change it - I can only comment upon it.

Comprehension is not your strong point obviously!

Patrick

He's obviously an electrician either that or she has slipped in the shower and there is a"live" in girlfriend, bet it makes her eyes light up :o

Let me see...

I pay the rent, no sharing on rent, even tho she suggest is now and then

I helped her set up her business, she pay the rent on the office, but i paid deposit

I probably will have to help out again when she expand the business

She does everything inside or otherwise related to home,

i'll be hard pressed to find a frickin scissor when i need it,

and that is disturbing at times

We don't have sex

Edited by poanoi

However the OT is about a girlfriend who is essentially acting as consort. To ask how much she should be paid, ( and that is the question ) is, in my view akin to discussing the details of prostitution and thus actually against forum rules.

Since nobody has answered the question we're still ok I guess. :)

Besides that I think the girl friend experience provides more on the job satisfaction for the girl than if she were a prostitute so I don't think it's entirely the same.

Let me see...

I pay the rent, no sharing on rent, even tho she suggest is now and then

I helped her set up her business, she pay the rent on the office, but i paid deposit

I probably will have to help out again when she expand the business

She does everything inside or otherwise related to home,

i'll be hard pressed to find a frickin scissor when i need it,

and that is disturbing at times

We don't have sex

You're talking about the MIL right :D

Your point is well taken, it is a tribute to Thai culture, most Asians culture in fact that the wives are responsible for finances.

However the OT is about a girlfriend who is essentially acting as consort. To ask how much she should be paid, ( and that is the question ) is, in my view akin to discussing the details of prostitution and thus actually against forum rules. Honestly though let the P- whips congregate in another sub forum addition and stop polluting the General forums with details, whinings and musings of their paid for sex partners/maids.

This is just my personal feeling on this. But here goes.

Two adults living together no matter what their background, be it bargirl or accountant , I personally consider them the same as married.In Canada it is called common-law marriage . So even on the international level a couple together is considered to be in some form commitment. Thus I feel according to the culture of the nation of residence the couple relates as married and acts according, to the culture that surrounds them. There for men here give the woman in residence money every month. regardless of her past employment.Over here there are even 3 kinds of marriages I know of. The amphur is one , the temple is another and the village is another. A simple party at home inviting friends and family here can be considered a marriage.

Im a farang in Thailand whilst my Thai wife works in the UK, She sends me 43k a month but to be honest the last few months have been difficult due to her sending less.

I can only speculate what's the reason for her sending less.

If you were a live in prostitute all hell would break loose for sure.

And didn't most of the posters thus far come from families where the husband worked and the wife took care of their home and wasn't she provided with money by him, the difference between what the OP and I describe being a marriage ceremony and a piece of paper! Detractors should get a life and throw fewer stones, desperation and mirrors spring to mind.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I have lived my girlfriend for a tad over four years and I pay her an amount of money every month, out of this she buys food for us, pays some of the bills and, the realization that she will probably live longer than me, pays into an investment bond. We have travelled throughout Asia as well as The UK and Europe.

I was married in The UK and gave my wife an allowance every month, this was called house keeping, so no difference really.

I know I am happy and content as, I suspect, is my good lady. As with all succesful relationships, we are both winners.

I also admired the post by 'chiang mai' - that's exactly right, there is little tangible difference, perception is everything. I'm at the age (40s) where it seem like a spate of my school mates are suddenly getting divorced and the old saying about prostitutes 'sticking around until the money runs out' is proving to be equally applicable to all women. I know there's a financial aspect to every relationship but some of my mates from back home have found that a change in their economic situation has proven too tumultuous for their wife to 'bear'. The old 'til death do us part' works fine for women only when it suits them.