Want To Move To Thailand/open Bar

Regarding the 56k Baht a month... IMO you CAN live on the sunny side of life, especially if you already have your home(s) and automobile(s) paid for in cash. Most of the 'better to do' Thais I know barely make that much in interest income per month... and most of them aren't more diversified than local fixed deposit accounts at different banks.

:o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada boy, lots of good advice here from people who live here and know what they are talking about.

For more on being a bar owner go to www.pattayatalk.com and do a search.

There are several owners on that board (torrenova, Hammer, sunnyvalentine, davethailand, justtony etc) who talk frankly about their experiences.

It's not free beer and fukcing a different staffer every night.

Can you live well in thailand off of 56000bht /mth?

Yes, if you aren't a big noter and it seems that you are not.

Forget the bar mate, and just get here and "learn" the ropes, it may take a couple of years but you will still have your 56Kb income and assets back in Santa Claus land.

Good Luck! :o

PS Good advice from Noel & Sunbelt, copy and paste both posts and print it out, whenever you get the urge to invest in LOS read it. :D

Open a bar for sure and certain. Get top girls and top booze. Run it for a year and if you still love the place, open it to the public. :D

You should also bear in mind that – with a very few exceptions – Bar Owners are the bottom feeders in the Expatriate Community anywhere in Thailand, and your social circle will be pretty much limited to fellow Bar Owners and your / their Patrons.

Do you really want to move to a foreign Country and earn a living as a Pimp?

OK chaps – flame away!

Patrick

You should also bear in mind that – with a very few exceptions – Bar Owners are the bottom feeders in the Expatriate Community anywhere in Thailand, and your social circle will be pretty much limited to fellow Bar Owners and your / their Patrons.

OK chaps – flame away!

Patrick

Absolute <deleted> :o

I for one could'nt give a toss what the "expat community" thinks of me.

Edited by davethailand

Especialy Pattaya expats.

Few would fit a true expat defintion anyway.

Sexpat,Pensionpat ,

:D:D

OK chaps – flame away!

Patrick

Absolute <deleted> :o

I for one could'nt give a toss what the "expat community" thinks of me.