Can I Send 60.000 Euro?

No problem and shouldn't tale more than 3-4 working days to hit your account in Thailand.When I was buying my condo I was told any money transferred to Thailand for this purpose should include "for condo" (or something similar) on the transfer. I don't remember why so you should ask the sales agent about this (this regulation may have changed in the last 12 months).

When transferring the funds, request your overseas Bank to add the clause "purchase of condo". When the funds arrive, request your Thai Bank to issue you with a Foreign Exchange Certificate. In years ahead should you sell the condo and want to remit the funds away from Thailand you will need this certificate as evidence you brought the funds into Thailand originally.

More to the point, why are you paying 60K euros for a condo in PHUKET? You can get a decent brand new one for about 25K or 1 million baht in a number of places. You're paying more than double the going rate!

Ever heard that condo prices depend on size?

More to the point, why are you paying 60K euros for a condo in PHUKET? You can get a decent brand new one for about 25K or 1 million baht in a number of places. You're paying more than double the going rate!

+1,

or maybe the OP is buying 2 Small Decent ones, or he doesn't want to live in a Shoebox :lol:

Edited by MJCM

+1,

or maybe the OP is buying 2 Small Decent ones, or he doesn't want to live in a Shoebox :lol:

OR maybe the Thai GF is involved and the family are getting a cut..:lol:

No problem as said earlier mark for purchase of condo. Mine got held up in the compliance department for a few days and had to ring a person there, just checking all was straight and above board, then she released in my account. I also told the manager at my local thai bank the money would be coming. It is just to avoid "money laundering"

Edited by exeter

No problem as said earlier mark for purchase of condo. Mine got held up in the compliance department for a few days and had to ring a person there, just checking all was straight and above board, then she released in my account. I also told the manager at my local thai bank the money would be coming. It is just to avoid "money laundering"

what shitty bank are you dealing with that invokes the compliance department when you send money from one of your accounts to another account in your name?

what shitty bank are you dealing with that invokes the compliance department when you send money from one of your accounts to another account in your name?

Kasikorn

Kasikorn

Not surprised. :(

Kasikorn

Kasikorn Branch Königswusterhausen, Bavaria? :huh:

Kasikorn

Königswusterhausen is in Brandenburg, not Bavaria.

Kasikorn

If that's German for Pattaya Klang then yes!

Königswusterhausen is in Brandenburg, not Bavaria.

Brandenburg was invaded by the München fire brigade and then annected by Bavaria :lol:

And they built the big beergarden there.

Kasikorn bank tellers during lunch break:

4e647c196b85b.jpg

Kasikorn

I've been extremely reluctant to say bad things about Kasikorn Thai bank, because so many others here seem to have good experiences. BUT, if I were to say something about it I'd say it was the worst bank I've ever encountered on four continents and you'd have to be an absolute idiot (which i was at one time) to conduct any of your financial affairs there. If banking had a kindergarten, Kasikorn Thai would be somewhere just before that.

OK, I'm re-thinking my prior objections.

i think it depends not only on the branch but also on the individual employee you deal with. besides Siam Commercial i am also a client of Kasikorn. several weeks ago i wanted to open an account having three beneficiaries, was asked "why!", answered "that's none of your business!" and received the reply "no can do!"

after making some derogatory comments in a language nobody but me understood and adding in english "well, if you don't want my money..." another lady approached me "what is the problem? can i help your Sir" and things were settled in a bit more than half an hour which was needed by three persons signing each a heap of papers without knowing what was printed on them.