Fitness Thailand Showers

CaitlinHappyMeal

Wow! They have showers now? :whistling:

[background: I joined when they first opened at Ikon square and was promised the showers, sauna etc, still under construction, would be ready in 2-3 weeks......... After four months and still no showers I gave up my membership]

Ok have worked it out, handle to the right freezing cold, handle to the left technically not freezing, and handle to the left pushed in slightly for lower pressure cold, it cannot even pass for luke, so effectively no hot water!! Looked at the reviews on here, and this is the best gym in chiang mai, seriously?

I have never had trouble getting a warm, nearly hot shower there. Make sure you use the same one once you get one that works for you.

Have tried that, but it seems 50/50 whether the same shower that was warm the day before will be warm the next, I have only managed to get 1 warm shower there so far!!

Edited by CaitlinHappyMeal

What do other people using the place say? (there are others I presume unsure.gif)

What did the staff say when you asked them?

I have taken to bugging the staff everyday asking are the showers hot today, of course they either say yes or say they'll check and after checking they always say yes! I am probably known as the crazy lady that asks about hot water? ?

Edited by CaitlinHappyMeal

It's a bit of a hit and miss with the showers. I have the idea that they are generally hot when it's busy and stay cold when your the only one taking a shower...

The staff, well what can I say. They seem to be working on improving stuff, but in stead of making the showers always hot and the sauna and steamroom available during all hours they gave me a questionaire whether or not I would like to have more motorbike parking space available, and if so, I would be willing to pay 5 baht for that.

How about replacing the treadmills that are ALWAYS broken.

I like FT, but it's by no means the best gym in Chiang Mai.

Showers have been consistently cold all week. Have told the girls on reception three times now and they just laugh it off. Never seen so many staff do so little as in this place. Problem is the lack of competition on the gym front so what can you do?

Ah that explains it! I only go in evenings. It wouldnt surprise me if they did that to save some money, just like they often turn of the ac when its cold outside and sometimes even turn off the fans....

Good to hear that my gym isn't the only one that sucks.

I go to Hillside 4. They have cold water showers only and they won't turn on the AC on winter mornings until it's at least 25-27° or so. I'd prefer it a little cooler when I'm working hard. And to save more money, they removed the water cooler a few months ago. At least at Hillside 4 all the machines I use work reasonably well and it's incredibly cheap so it's hard to complain about their practices.