El Diablo'S Mexican Rest., Suk Soi 22

Spaniel

The one in Chiang Mai is TERRIBLE! It's not even CaliMex or TexMex. The owner is from New Orleans for cryin out loud. I am a Texan and know TexMex. El Diablo's chips will crack your tooth and the salsa is so bitter you will want to spit it out. The burritos are over priced and dry. Stick with Miguel's.

Hmmm the nachos we had were delicious, my burrito was very good. Best gauc I have had in awhile (order extra). Jalapenos terrific.

Compared to sundown and coyote, better. Taco and salsa very good as well. La monita different but good too!

Guess I must not be a self-appointed mexpert. ;)

I used to love Mexican before I came to Thailand. Perhaps Thai food is just tastier??

Perhaps Mexican food isn't that great here ... and is relatively expensive?!?

The last place I lived in the US, the restaurant Thai food was expensive and barely mediocre and the Mexican food was cheap and stellar. Guess what I ate much more of?

Edited by Jingthing

I have been there a few times, as a friend helped the owner with the opening. The menu is limited, but the taste and portion sizes are excellent. A nice addition to the Bangkok Tex Mex selection

I agree. It does not get the press and attention that other places get but that is a good thing for BKK residents.

Let's keep this place to ourselves and let the others go to Sunset and Coyote's.

Joking somewhat but it is a dilemma, I.e., enough traffic to stay in business but not so much that JingThang thinks he has to comment about it.

:D Are the prices net or plusplus?

They add a 10% service charge but no tax.

If that''s the case then unfortunately they've already lost this customer, plus many others I know who don't appreciate being arrogantly TOLD they've received good service, food etc. I'll be the judge of that; if my experience with you is good you have nothing to worry about, you will be tipped accordingly (even though this is Thailand where, to my knowledge, tipping isn't customary). It's highly likely the tax will be included in the price, but that's probably what you mean.

The one in Chiang Mai is TERRIBLE! It's not even CaliMex or TexMex. The owner is from New Orleans for cryin out loud. I am a Texan and know TexMex. El Diablo's chips will crack your tooth and the salsa is so bitter you will want to spit it out. The burritos are over priced and dry. Stick with Miguel's.

Yeah, who in their right mind would want someone from New Orleans cooking their food!?

...... is that you, Miguel????

If that''s the case then unfortunately they've already lost this customer, plus many others I know who don't appreciate being arrogantly TOLD they've received good service, food etc. I'll be the judge of that; if my experience with you is good you have nothing to worry about, you will be tipped accordingly (even though this is Thailand where, to my knowledge, tipping isn't customary). It's highly likely the tax will be included in the price, but that's probably what you mean.

Oh I wouldn't say it's unfortunate ;)

Last week a friend and I gave Diablos a try. My friend, who is from Texas, and considers himself somewhat of a Texmex expert ordered a burrito and margirita. He said the burrito was terrible and only ate half of it and the margirita was lousy although I noticed he did finish it so guess it wasn't as bad as the burrito. I had 3 tacos and they were ok. I too dont care much for places that add 10% service although that's not the reason we probably wont be going back.

I ordered from la monitas a few weeks ago.

got the breakfast burrito that's supposed to have crispy potatoes, instead I got a burrito stuffed with french fries and mostly egg. Disgusting.

the equivalent from sunrise tacos is far better, at least it actually came with potatoes.

Tried Diablo last Thursday, and had nachos chorizo, while my mate tried burrito chorizo. We enjoyed the food, the beer was cold, and the side walk table was pleasant. Asked the father/son about the chorizo which they said was made by themselves! :D