Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police

News_Editor

Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police

2011-12-10 18:01:20 GMT+7 (ICT)

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- A gunman opened fire in the famous Los Angeles district of Hollywood on Friday, randomly shooting at people before being killed by police, local media reported.

The gunman, a young white male wearing a white tank top, was seen standing in the middle of Vine street in Hollywood when he opened fire at passing motorists at random. He also fired in the air, causing panic as people ran for cover.

A 40-year-old man who was driving a silver Mercedes Benz was shot in the head and reported to be in a critical condition, according to the Los Angeles Times. He was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after suffering a gunshot wound to his jaw.

The Los Angeles Police Department brought the shooting rampage to an end by fatally shooting the gunman in the middle of the intersection at Sunset Boulevard and Vine Street. Photographer Gregory Bojorquez, who witnessed the incident, told the Los Angeles Times that when police arrived at the scene and ordered the gunman to the ground and surrender, he began screaming he 'wanted to die.'

The gunman, who was also reportedly armed with a knife, then appeared to reach for his gun when a police officer opened fire and fatally shot him.

Both the gunman's identity and his motive were not immediately known, but the incident showed similarities to the phenomena which is known as 'suicide by cop'.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-12-10

It is no secret that terrorists try to blend in with the general public in order to accomplish their mission. This is not proof, one way or the other.

So we are trying to prove something that hasn't even been reported?

Let's take a look at this 'terrorist' as you like to refer to him as. He stands on a street and shoots randomly at cars and in the air. Where did he get his terrorist training, the University of Stupidity?

So we are trying to prove something that hasn't even been reported?

That would certainly seem to be the point of the post that I was responding to:

A young white male wearing a tank top. Neither the racial stereotype one would associate with a Muslim, nor is the clothing the type worn by conservative Muslims.

Edited by Ulysses G.

A white male, wearing a white "tank top" - I'm amazed he wasn't arrested by the Fashion Police, before he had chance to use his weapon.

:D

A "tank top" is also sometimes called a "wife beater". I think it comes from the Cops TV show where the men arrested in domestic violence cases are usually wearing them.

A white male, wearing a white "tank top" - I'm amazed he wasn't arrested by the Fashion Police, before he had chance to use his weapon.

A "tank top" is also sometimes called a "wife beater". I think it comes from the Cops TV show where the men arrested in domestic violence cases are usually wearing them.

That might be true in the US. In the UK a 'tank top' is simply an item of clothing.

Can someone explain to me how the word 'Muslim' has anything to do with the original post other than in the wilder imagination of some of Thaivisa's members? Some of you folks need to fit new batteries into your tinfoil hats.

There are a lot of accusations on different Internet websites that he was shouting, "allahu akbar" while shooting motorists. I do not know if they are true, or not, but another poster mentioned them.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Can someone explain to me how the word 'Muslim' has anything to do with the original post other than in the wilder imagination of some of Thaivisa's members? Some of you folks need to fit new batteries into your tinfoil hats.

There are a lot of accusations on different Internet websites that he was shouting, "allahu akbar" while shooting motorists. I do not know if they are true, or not, but another poster mentioned them.

So there's no evidence at all then?

It's so disgusting when every evil act perpetrated by anyone anywhere has to be somehow connected to Islam. Apparently, before Muslims were around, there was no violence, there were no shootings and there were no nut cases with mental problems.

If I were standing in Hollywood and heard someone yell Allah Akbar, I would have no idea what he was talking about. These aren't words that are commonly heard.

P.S.: The only place I've heard tank-tops referred to as 'wife-beater' shirts is in Thailand.

Edited by Credo

It's so disgusting when every evil act perpetrated by anyone anywhere has to be somehow connected to Islam. Apparently, before Muslims were around, there was no violence, there were no shootings and there were no nut cases with mental problems.

If I were standing in Hollywood and heard someone yell Allah Akbar, I would have no idea what he was talking about. These aren't words that are commonly heard.

P.S.: The only place I've heard tank-tops referred to as 'wife-beater' shirts is in Thailand.

Ah, alas I see as ever no honest discussion is possible when it comes to Islamic extremism as the kneejerk reaction is to argue that Muslims as a whole are being attacked. There IS a problem and a big problem with Islamic extremism and in spite of efforts to try and hush this up the amount of religiously motivated violence in the world comes overwhelmingly from Islamic radicals. Returning to the news item the gunman was white and so it is likely he was not born Muslim and IF he did indeed shout Allah Akbar then this is another case of a deranged individual attracted to an extremist ideology, denying that ideology exists or is a problem does no favours to the majority of peaceful Muslim people.

I find it interesting that someone would refer to an 'honest' discussion, when what is being referred to is a one-sided discussion.

An honest discussion is one that doesn't point the discussion in a direction that is quite possibly incorrect.

I have no idea what he said, but even the remotest possibility of it being Islamic will bring out groups with a singular purpose.

At this point, he sounds like a mentally unstable person, like many of those that get involved in these types of situations.

I find it interesting that someone would refer to an 'honest' discussion, when what is being referred to is a one-sided discussion.

An honest discussion is one that doesn't point the discussion in a direction that is quite possibly incorrect.

I have no idea what he said, but even the remotest possibility of it being Islamic will bring out groups with a singular purpose.

At this point, he sounds like a mentally unstable person, like many of those that get involved in these types of situations.

Yes mentally disturbed, almost certainly, and in a parallel world he may have identified himself with the extremist ideology de jour, be it a religion, political movement or whatever. Incidentally I would not have even bothered posting on this thread if it were not for the fact that seemingly all the mainstream press outlets chose to not even speculate on what one of the eyewitnesses said which smacks of self censorship.

Edited by Steely Dan

Yes mentally disturbed, almost certainly, and in a parallel world he may have identified himself with the extremist ideology de jour, be it a religion, political movement or whatever. Incidentally I would not have even bothered posting on this thread if it were not for the fact that seemingly all the mainstream press outlets chose to not even speculate on what one of the eyewitnesses said which smacks of self censorship.

I assume the news channel didn't speculate further on what the eyewitness said was because none of the other eyewitnesses that they interviewed backed up this claim. I cannot see how self-censorship comes into it - if that were the case why include this particular incident at all.

There seems to be many references to this guy on the internet, including his facebook page with over 350 friends, along with details of his break-up with a his long-term girlfriend who alleges he has recently started taking hard drugs. No sign of any connection to Islam or indeed any religion apart from a couple of facebook friends who have links with christian religions which is hardly unusual.

Everything seems to point towards this eyewitness either having misheard what was said or fabricating it for some reason and it seems to have been seized on by some wishing to promote an anti-muslim agenda even to the point of speculating what he might have been like in a parallel world.

That might be true in the US. In the UK a 'tank top' is simply an item of clothing.

For most Americans it is also just clothing.

Unless worn with a Mullet hair style....

Amazing! How do you poser's come up with this stuff? Did I miss something in the report about muslims? Not every idiot is or has to be a Muslim. No wonder the Muslim's dislike the west. Those of you who get sucked into the media propaganda should take a step back. Looks like from the original post this guy was a white person posing a danger to society. There is a huge difference from terrorist and deranged people with weapons. The media has done it's job quite well by blurring the lines and minds of people that now call everyone a terrorist.

Any old timer from New York would know the other name for a 'white tank top' worn by a male however due to rules of the board, I cannot refer to it that way!!:cheesy:

Marlon Brando wore one throughout most of the motion picture 'A Streetcar Named Desire'!

Edited by snooky

My thoughts exactly .I am sure the words white supremist were sublimily hidden in the OP but I didn't catch it or the muslim part

I assume the news channel didn't speculate further on what the eyewitness said was because none of the other eyewitnesses that they interviewed backed up this claim. I cannot see how self-censorship comes into it - if that were the case why include this particular incident at all.

There seems to be many references to this guy on the internet, including his facebook page with over 350 friends, along with details of his break-up with a his long-term girlfriend who alleges he has recently started taking hard drugs. No sign of any connection to Islam or indeed any religion apart from a couple of facebook friends who have links with christian religions which is hardly unusual.

Everything seems to point towards this eyewitness either having misheard what was said or fabricating it for some reason and it seems to have been seized on by some wishing to promote an anti-muslim agenda even to the point of speculating what he might have been like in a parallel world.

Unfortunately some of the posters on this site, use every opportunity to continually spread their vile ant-Islamic propaganda, even when there is no mention of Islam or Muslims in the topic, as is the case here. I am quite sure, as the true story unfolds, that this tragedy will prove to have no connection whatsoever to Muslims. It is also interesting to see how often these same posters follow each other on various topics, a tactic used, I suspect, to attempt to convince members of the legitimacy of their rhetoric. Happily most of us know better than to fall for their abhorrent propaganda.

:bah:

We do have posters, however, that will take every opportunity to cast Muslims in the least friendly light possible. We have posters that will do the same with other religions as well. That is not the topic of this thread, however, so let's get back to the topic.