Buying Checklist

Well the obvious one is, where is the moo baan and was the area flooded recently?

Secondly, do they have a showhouse for you to have a look round?

Thirdly, and this is only a personal point of view, why the need to buy on a moo baan, they usually charge way over the odds for the land compared to the price you will pay outside the moo baan, it would work out cheaper buying your own land and construcing a house by using a reputable building company, of course by buying on a moo baan you remove the headache if you arent in Thailand.

What are the monthly fees going to be, most of these places charge 20 baht per t/w per month, so a house sat on 100 t/w will cost you 2000 baht per month in communal charges.

Are you paying cash, if so what discount will they offer?

If you already have your own house, will they offer to move your existing household goods free of charge, some companies will move your gear for free by employing Mr Mover.

After looking round the showhouse (assuming one exists) what type of materials and choices are on offer?

Suppose you dont want the usual 500 baht per s/m tiled floor, how much to upgrade and what alternatives do they offer?

Will they subtract the cost from the purchase price and you supply your own choice of materials, if so do you also have to supply labour?

How may electrical sockets are they putting in each room, usually 3, how much do they charge for extra.

What type of external and internal doors are on offer?

Do the bathrooms include water heaters?

Again telephone and tv sockets for each room?

Take the following with a pinch of salt, but I have seen way too many houses that arent worth what is being charged, its the cheapest of materials used, poor finishings, I looked at one house and the skirting boards were at least 1/2 inch from the wall.

Under no circumstances would I consider laminate floor coverings, also check out the cheapo kitchen units some offer.

Thats about all I can think of, off the top of my head, the pros will be along shortly to offer better advice than I.