Red-Shirt Leader Kwanchai: Reconciliation A Priority Next Year

webfact

'Reconciliation a priority next year'

The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party is expected to designate national reconciliation as a top legislative priority next year, red-shirt leader Kwanchai Praipana said yesterday, arguing that all parties involved in the political turmoil would benefit.

"The legislation on reconciliation will apply to all sides, unlike a pardon or the amnesty law," he said in reference to criticism that it appeared former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would be the sole beneficiary of a pardon, if granted.

Kwanchai said Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung would spearhead the reconciliation, which would cover all parties and individuals, including Democrats Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban for their "involvement" in the 2010 bloodshed.

He said the Pheu Thai-sponsored legislation would be based on a report by the House Committee on Reconciliation, led by Matubhum MP Sonthi Boonyaratglin.

Commenting on a possible Cabinet reshuffle, he said it was high time ministerial changes took place.

Kwanchai said he had heard Thaksin complaining about the incompetence of certain ministers.

He claimed to have received overwhelming support for his campaign on the royalist red movement, the Daeng Rak Chao Group.

He said he did not understand why certain red shirts would oppose his campaign after the Pheu Thai-led government had professed its royalist stand.

Kwanchai also said he was puzzled why the government and the red shirts could not bring Thaksin home after coming to power.

The red shirts in Udon Thani would provide a safe haven for Thaksin, he said.

He voiced defiance against any attempt to enforce the former prime minister's two-year jail term.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-14

he said it was high time ministerial changes took place

After only four-and-a-half months ? <_<

Perhaps someone picked the wrong people ?

he had heard Thaksin complaining about the incompetence of certain minsters

So either DL's original decisions were wrong, or it was PM-Yingluck who really picked wrong-uns, which ? :unsure:

Wonder who he has in-mind for one of the positions available in any Reshuffle ? B)

True reconciliation will never happen as long as Thaksin draws breath.:(

He is far to decisive a figure and not in the least interest in reconciliation.

Divisive, not decisive.

Or perhaps DL does make all the decisions ? :lol:

It's certainly obvious that Yingluck doesn't make any.

The definition of reconciliation for red shirts is obviously not the same as it is in Webster dictionary

For red shirts reconciliation means bring on Taksin, get Taksin his money back and ket Taksin

give all red shirts lots of money.

Webster dictionary is not a Thai concept.

Did k. Kwanchai speak as Pheu Thai MP or as UDD leader when he said "the reconciliation, which would cover all parties and individuals, including Democrats Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban for their "involvement" in the 2010 bloodshed."

Note that if he really said ".... involvement in 2010 bloodshed" is suggest less reconciliatory thoughts. Still to my recollection it may be the first time a Pheu Thai MP and UDD leader mentions k. Abhisit/Suthep to be included, to be seen in which way included of course <_<

Did k. Kwanchai speak as Pheu Thai MP or as UDD leader when he said "the reconciliation, which would cover all parties and individuals, including Democrats Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban for their "involvement" in the 2010 bloodshed."

Note that if he really said ".... involvement in 2010 bloodshed" is suggest less reconciliatory thoughts. Still to my recollection it may be the first time a Pheu Thai MP and UDD leader mentions k. Abhisit/Suthep to be included, to be seen in which way included of course <_<

While he's a UDD Leader, a confirmed rabble rouser... and the ultimate yes man,

tak01.jpg

Kwanchai is not a Pheu Thai MP

tak01.jpg

You're right, I was wrong. Sh_t, this ruins my reputation :lol:

Mind you I was probably a wee bit confused by k. Kwanchai seemingly speaking for the Pheu Thai party in "The Pheu Thai Party is expected to designate national reconciliation as a top legislative priority next year, red-shirt leader Kwanchai Praipana said yesterday, arguing that all parties involved in the political turmoil would benefit."

tak01.jpg

Must be his lucky day, he was allowed off his knees.

tak01.jpg

You're right, I was wrong. Sh_t, this ruins my reputation :lol:

Mind you I was probably a wee bit confused by k. Kwanchai seemingly speaking for the Pheu Thai party in "The Pheu Thai Party is expected to designate national reconciliation as a top legislative priority next year, red-shirt leader Kwanchai Praipana said yesterday, arguing that all parties involved in the political turmoil would benefit."

No reputation loss at all on your part; this clown show has a cast of hundreds....

clowns.jpg

and it's very easy to mistake Blinkie with BooBoo

he said it was high time ministerial changes took place

After only four-and-a-half months ? <_<

Perhaps someone picked the wrong people ?

he had heard Thaksin complaining about the incompetence of certain minsters

So either DL's original decisions were wrong, or it was PM-Yingluck who really picked wrong-uns, which ? :unsure:

Wonder who he has in-mind for one of the positions available in any Reshuffle ? B)

Anybody believe thaksin wants to be confined to udon thani?

Note that if he really said ".... involvement in 2010 bloodshed" is suggest less reconciliatory thoughts. Still to my recollection it may be the first time a Pheu Thai MP and UDD leader mentions k. Abhisit/Suthep to be included, to be seen in which way included of course

"He voiced defiance against any attempt to enforce the former prime minister's two-year jail term."

So he's voicing defiance against Thaksin abiding by the law but he doesn't say why he should be allowed to flout the decision of the judiciary.