Music Practice Room

dekestone

I want to do some serious woodshedding with my guitar -- maybe at volumes my neighbours wouldn't appreciate B) -- so I'm looking for a practice room in 'central' Bangkok. I'll bring my guitar and Mac with backing tracks so all I would need is a decent amp and some speakers to play the computer through. Suggestions? First hand knowledge of facilities and prices especially appreciated.

Cheers

My apologies in advance fro this non-response...

Reading this, I suddenly felt like an old man. I could hear my Dad yelling at me to put my headphones on and turn that d**n hi-fi down.

Which brings up a point of respectful curiosity.

Is there some reason that headphones wouldn't be an acceptable alternative? I could see them being useless if you were a drummer or played the sax, but I'm not a guitarist and would like to understand why you wouldn't save the bucks on rent and the amp and go for some Koss Pro 4AA's- the old kind with fluid filled earpieces. Yes, I am that old, and I'm really just curious- not meaning to diss at all.

Edited by impulse

My apologies in advance fro this non-response...

Reading this, I suddenly felt like an old man. I could hear my Dad yelling at me to put my headphones on and turn that d**n hi-fi down.

Which brings up a point of respectful curiosity.

Is there some reason that headphones wouldn't be an acceptable alternative? I could see them being useless if you were a drummer or played the sax, but I'm not a guitarist and would like to understand why you wouldn't save the bucks on rent and the amp and go for some Koss Pro 4AA's- the old kind with fluid filled earpieces. Yes, I am that old, and I'm really just curious- not meaning to diss at all.

Impulse, Good question, I'm not put out by it all. :)

Even with headphones I'd still need an amp anyway and I wouldn't be able to hear my 'band' (the backing tracks). (There's also a higher risk of hearing loss. Pete Townsend blames his near-deafness on practicing for hours and hours under headphones when his kids were small.)

But the thing is I'd heard a few years back from somebody I've lost touch with that practice rooms in Bangkok were well-equipped and cheap to rent so I thought somebody on TV would be able to point me in the right direction.

(Oh, and yes, I'm that old too! I loved my Koss 4AA's!!)

Didnt read the other thread but I'd recommend Music Society at Ratchtewi BTS/CoCo Walk.

In rooms 5 and 6 they have very good tube half stacks ..... 5150, Mesa Rectifier, Laney AOR, Koch ..they go as loud as you could want and the PAs are ok for you to pump yr Mac through.

Every other room I've been in has truly awful made in china/india Marshall solid state combos for the same hourly price........