Diet Cola

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, well, reading the article, the lead researcher says this:

Ms Gardener said: 'Our results suggest a potential association between daily diet soft drink consumption and vascular outcomes.

'The mechanisms by which soft drinks may affect vascular events are unclear.'

She added, however, that the mechanisms by which soft drinks may affect 'vascular events' are not clear, and that more research was needed into the subject before significant conclusions could be drawn about the health consequences of soft drink consumption.

underline and bold are my emphasis, not the article... so in conclusion, give me more money to research...

Edited by zippydedodah

Have not found any Diet Coke [Coke Lite] anywhere around CM in my search, but there are some cans of Coke Zero showing up in various sites , intermittently .....

What I did find , that I haven't been able to get in a couple months now, I found Singha Lite at Makro out on the Super Hwy.

Diet Coke in Phuket..... maybe its a start

G

Have not found any Diet Coke [Coke Lite] anywhere around CM in my search, but there are some cans of Coke Zero showing up in various sites , intermittently .....

What I did find , that I haven't been able to get in a couple months now, I found Singha Lite at Makro out on the Super Hwy.

Diet Coke in Phuket..... maybe its a start

G

There is some Coke Zero at my local Tesco here in CM. coffee1.gif

Can't make any sense out of it.

Coke Zero hit and miss.

Found a can of Pepsi Max the other day with a best before date of May 25 One isolated can.

In Tops airport yesterday and they had a decent supply of Pepsi /Twist. No Pepsi Max or Coke Zero.

Is there a reason the two bottlers are holding up production of the two popular drinks.

As has been pointed out they are producing it but in no where near the quantity they used to. Is Ihere more profit in the non diet drink?

Rimping by the river had cherry coke at 55 baht a can.

No idea up there in CM, but have taken note down here in what was the flooded area....

Tesco Lotus has cans of Diet Cola, but no bottles, Same in all the Tesco Express shops, 7/11 and 'Jiffy' shops do not appear to have any Coke or Pepsi of any kind and there drinks machines are off still..... ? They do have lots of The Big Coke'

Makro in 5 different stores No Diet Coke or Pepsi Max......... All the Big C stores I have visited appear to have lots of Pepsi Max + no restrictions on how many pack you can buy.

In November had to move out or rather ordered out by Army, drove down south, in Phuket Pepsi Max was 35 baht per bottle !!!

here now in Big C Pepsi Max has gone up different stores diffident prices but around 23 or 24 baht per bottle, before 21 or 22 baht depending which store..

COKE LIGHT IS BACK

..... At least several pallets of Coke Light in case lots as well as 6 Paks....... at Makro on the Super Hwy

Good thing too...... I was down to the last 3 cans of secret reserves....

Seems like a lot of things have found their way back to the shelves.... Happy Days are here again

Gonzo

• Like 1

COKE LIGHT IS BACK

..... At least several pallets of Coke Light in case lots as well as 6 Paks....... at Makro on the Super Hwy

Seems like a lot of things have found their way back to the shelves.... Happy Days are here again

Gonzo

Woo hooo!! Cheers Gonzo! I'm heading to Marko straight after work to stock up! YAY!

Edited by Krupnik

COKE LIGHT IS BACK

Gonzo

So that's where to go, to find 'secret reserves', the Secret is Out now ! partytime2.gif

Hubby's been able to find both Pepsi Max and Coke Zero in the big bottles in various stores in the Santitham area during the past 10 days, including Tops Chotana, near the Mecure. The nice manager at Rim Ping Airport Nim City knows I'm on the look-out for Coke Light and she called on Tuesday morning with the news they had some. I scurried out there and snagged three cases of cans. Don't know if they still have it. Today, while cruising thru Tops KSK, I saw that they had Coke Zero in six pack cans. Oh happy day!

Hubby's been able to find both Pepsi Max and Coke Zero in the big bottles in various stores in the Santitham area during the past 10 days, including Tops Chotana, near the Mecure. The nice manager at Rim Ping Airport Nim City knows I'm on the look-out for Coke Light and she called on Tuesday morning with the news they had some. I scurried out there and snagged three cases of cans. Don't know if they still have it. Today, while cruising thru Tops KSK, I saw that they had Coke Zero in six pack cans. Oh happy day!

Where is Santitham area. Happy day when Coke Zero gets easier to get.

Glorious day when Pepsi Max gets that easy.

Even long before the current shortage I can remember a thread here on Thai Visa where it was hard to find Pepsi Max.

Where is Santitham area. Happy day when Coke Zero gets easier to get.

Glorious day when Pepsi Max gets that easy.

Even long before the current shortage I can remember a thread here on Thai Visa where it was hard to find Pepsi Max.

I was in Tops in the Santitham area today, Saturday. They had no Pepsi Max, which was what I was primarily looking for, but they did have 13 1.25l bottles of Coke Zero which I bought.

I was in Tops in Central Airport Plaza yesterday: same there, a few bottles of Coke Zero but no Pepsi Max.

I hope Pepsi Max comes back to Chiang Mai soon, in a big way!

Edited by licentiapoetica

I would not be in too much of a hurry to overstock on the diet colas...... I think that the hurtin is about over.... Couple days ago I posted about finding several pallets of Coke Light at Makro on the Super..... and today the Coke truck , delivered several cases of each, completely un-asked for and un-ordered. They seemed to have plenty on the truck.

Zero seems to be able to be found in cans in quite a few places now also

P-Max should be along any day now , in cans ...... I don't really like the big bottles...

Happy Drinking gang.

G

Santitham area - from the moat at the Chiang Mai Ram corner, go right instead of straight over to Kad Suan Kaew up Huay Kaew. Then go left when you see the sign for Santitham plaza. When you reach the roundabout turn right (second left) and this area is known as Santitham. The very first 7-Eleven that you come to on the left has Pepsi Max in cans. I hope that is helpful.

Diet Coke is starting to appear in lots of places now, and Coke Zero is everywhere. I would say this problem is resolved.

Happy Days indeed all.

Cheers!

Hmm oh yes I have heard there is still a problem with Scweppes brand stuff. Makes sense as they are the same company. I hope some people can report findings (I've got my Diet Coke so I'm alright Jack! Sorry)

Hope you guys find your Tonic Water, will report if I see any....

Dee

I just came back from the small Tesco-Lotus in Hangdong "town", 50 meters from the Ban Tawai exit on Highway 108. They had 1.25 liter bottles of Pepsi Max, 12 of them with Best Before 7. june 2012 stamped on them - and I bought them. I asked when they got them in and they said 2 days ago. I asked when they expected to get more and they said in 2-3 days. This is not a big store, so I don't think they get many cases of the stuff delivered, ever, but bigger Tesco-Lotus stores probably also will get or maybe already have big bottles of Pepsi Max. So the Pepsi Max drought is close to being over, I think! But until I can buy 5-6 cases with 12 big bottles in each case I am not "declaring victory".

But today is a good day! And it's been nearly 4 months since Pepsi Max was widely available in Chiang Mai so it's about time something good happened.

I understand there are people with kinky tastes. But on Thaivisa I see nothing than Where-is-my-mayonaise-oil-fat-coke-diet-brew-and-why-is-it-all-so-expensive-threads. I am now closely watching myself and hope it is not contagious licklips.gif

Meanwhile, enjoy your benign addictions, guys!

Edited by No1

I understand there are people with kinky tastes. But on Thaivisa I see nothing than Where-is-my-mayonaise-oil-fat-coke-diet-brew-and-why-is-it-all-so-expensive-threads. I am now closely watching myself and hope it is not contagious licklips.gif

And here are some of your contributions to this forum:

-Don't buy a parrot unless you really mean it!

-Can anyone help me find a Slatted Frame Bed?

-Why did Thai Airlines rip me off!?

-Camera teams have invaded my favorite restaurant... Why?

Stones & glass houses come to mind.

Edited by licentiapoetica
  • Like 1

Fail to see the point in this post??

I thought this problem is over since Diet Coke is cropping back up all over the place now. However, I just got back from Sukhothai where Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max were all very nearly impossible to find!! Just a warning guys if you are travelling to other provinces, it might be worth taking a supply.

Cheers

Dee

I thought this problem is over since Diet Coke is cropping back up all over the place now. However, I just got back from Sukhothai where Diet Coke, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max were all very nearly impossible to find!! Just a warning guys if you are travelling to other provinces, it might be worth taking a supply.

Cheers

Dee

Not everyone likes Diet Coke....